TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone with @TxDPS on their search for Jason Landry. Today, they're re-searching roads and fields in the area where his car was found. They're also looking in area creeks/ponds. Dad, Kent, tells me they're continuing to pray.
https://twitter.com/tjparkerabc13/status/1339626061106212866?s=21
https://twitter.com/tjparkerabc13/status/1339626061106212866?s=21
I thought they were searching a pond where 5 dogs picked up scent? How far is this from his vehicle or the abandoned house?

maybe it flew and he couldnt find it.

a friend of mine rolled his car once in the desert near hesperia and was ejected and injured his back pretty bad and couldnt find his phone. luckily someone found him.
His cell phone was found lodged under a seat in his car (which seat, I don't know). Odd that no one has said what cell phone records revealed.

Last edited:
So if dogs tracked his scent from his car to the abandoned house (roughly 1/4 mile), then lost it, but then yesterday, 5 dogs picked up his scent at the pond ... could this mean he may have been in a vehicle between the house and the pond, perhaps indicating foul play? How far is the pond from the abandoned house?

I must have read over this detail :confused:; which msm link can I find the info on the 5 dogs picking up his scent at a pond?
Southminster Presbytarian Church in Missouri City, TX, where Jason's father Kent is a pastor, has been providing updates on its Facebook page. This evening, one of the updates included the following:
- Pumping the pond has taken longer than anticipated. Due to the size, it won't be fully pumped until sometime tomorrow, most likely later in the day. They think the initial thing they saw on sonar was a large grouping of turtles. However, 5 scent dogs all made their way to this pond. He said by tomorrow they will have a significant answer. Once it is pumped they have dogs that search for human remains. They will go through it with a fine-tooth comb.

Southminster Presbyterian Church Missouri City, Texas

Southminster Presbytarian Church in Missouri City, TX, where Jason's father Kent is a pastor, has been providing updates on its Facebook page. This evening, one of the updates included the following:
- Pumping the pond has taken longer than anticipated. Due to the size, it won't be fully pumped until sometime tomorrow, most likely later in the day. They think the initial thing they saw on sonar was a large grouping of turtles. However, 5 scent dogs all made their way to this pond. He said by tomorrow they will have a significant answer. Once it is pumped they have dogs that search for human remains. They will go through it with a fine-tooth comb.

"5 scent dogs all made their way to this pond..."

Sad, very sad....

So if dogs tracked his scent from his car to the abandoned house (roughly 1/4 mile), then lost it, but then yesterday, 5 dogs picked up his scent at the pond ... could this mean he may have been in a vehicle between the house and the pond, perhaps indicating foul play? How far is the pond from the abandoned house?
Dogs are not infallible unfortunately, and this sort of thing isn’t unusual.

Any sort of foul play is astronomically unlikely IMO. You have a single car crash in the middle of nowhere, and a young man who apparently suffered injuries and wandered away. There is precedent for this, as we had a thread on here about a month ago with almost the same exact situation.

That one ended with a body in the water, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see something similar here.

Texas State University student still missing, search ongoing

On Thursday, several agencies were outside of Luling, about 40 minutes from south Austin, searching for missing Texas State University student Jason Landry.
Agencies like Texas Search and Rescue, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Highway Patrol, the Texas State Police Department and even locals have been looking for Jason.

“It’s thousands of acres, and today I’m searching as close to the roads as possible,” neighbor Stuart Carter said.

Sgt. Deon Cockrell with Texas DPS said they’re concentrating on particular areas in their search. "We’re still concentrating on areas like the creeks and the water,” Cockrell said. “But right now, we still haven’t found him.

maybe it flew and he couldnt find it.

a friend of mine rolled his car once in the desert near hesperia and was ejected and injured his back pretty bad and couldnt find his phone. luckily someone found him.

I see your point, especially since he most likely was disoriented. How long did it take someone to find your friend?

Last edited:
This case reminds me a bit of Maura Murray and also Brandon Lawson, who also disappeared without a trace in the night.

I thought of Brandon Lawson also. Regardless of any drug use allegations, these cases make me sad. I was once stranded and wandering around Houston. Luckily, found a nice security guard, and he helped me through everything, and even offered to drive me 30 mins to where my car was. Just from IMOO, I cant imagine him coming across someone, and in that area, and someone who meant harm. I think he may be had a concussion, and then he stumbled somewhere. His family is so close to me, I pray they can get through this season, and have any type of good news. Whether it's Jason himself, or at least someone to lay to rest. What a tragedy. I still hold out hope, though.

All MOO from either having wrecked or being disoriented in the SE Texas area.

I see your point, especially since he most likely was disoriented. How long did it take someone to find your friend?

he was in the cloverleaf, he said no one was around. he wasn't there too long, but it was hot and he was injured so he said it felt like forever. He said maybe hour more or less. and it was daytime.

Update from Kent at 3:00 pm:
- The swamp is drained. From the best they can tell, Jason is not in there. They are bringing teams to thoroughly examine it, and are trying to figure out why the dogs all led to the pond. This is
1f44f.png
GOOD NEWS
1f44f.png
because that means there is hope he is still out there somewhere.
- Tomorrow morning they are going to start the search again. They are bringing in 10 K-9 units, a plane, 40 people searching, and the teams on horses will continue. Their have been teams that have continued searching the area throughout this time. They will also take DNA from the car and gather any other evidence they can. This will then be turned into a nation-wide missing person case from the best we can understand. Others who do criminal investigation will be brought in to try to determine what happened and where he is.
- The family is on the way back to the Houston area and should arrive this evening. Please remember to give the family their privacy and space if you are local.
- Kent said that as long as there is breath in his lungs and air in his son's lungs, then there is still hope. His prayer is that Jason is home for Christmas.
1f384.png
1f64f.png

Hold onto love. Hold onto hope. Hold onto faith!
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member