TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

I'm sure it's possible testing didn't work? Has anyone contacted the police department running the case to see if they'd share what happened?

I'm sure it's possible testing didn't work? Has anyone contacted the police department running the case to see if they'd share what happened?

Margaret Press responded to someone's question about him yesterday on the pinned post saying "the agency has decided to try a different approach." That's all we know.

Margaret Press responded to someone's question about him yesterday on the pinned post saying "the agency has decided to try a different approach." That's all we know.
Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. It can be frustrating to have to be in the dark because you really want to know who this person was (just look at how many people commented on the post about the Sumter County Does' finally becoming active cases after so long).

DDP made a post today describing the various categories in the pipeline for DDP cases (pending, active, etc). Here's what they said for their cases that are "on hold":

"There is one more category -- ON HOLD -- . In these instances, every case is different. Some have had problems obtaining sufficient DNA to proceed, so are waiting for newer technology to become available or they are otherwise sidelined. Very rarely, an agency chooses to transfer their case elsewhere. They are entirely within their rights to do so, even when our donors have covered all the costs for them."

For anyone as obsessed with this case as I am, here is a link to another thread here about Dean Corll, Elmer Wayne Henley, David Brooks and their victims. There are a lot of great links to police reports and such. (Thank you @MadMcGoo !)

There are relatives of victims who posted there, and Skip Hollandsworth from Texas Monthly posted asking for people to contact him. This was before he wrote his in depth articles which have been linked.

TX - TX - Unidentified victims of Dean Corll, Houston Serial Killer, 1970-1973

Last edited:
Just found out about this story today, I found it quite interesting. I decided to do a little research around the story and Corll himself. I noticed a very common set of features (MO) about the victims
  • 13-20 years old
  • White or Hispanic males
  • Brown or black hair
This MO won't tell us who this Doe was, but it might signal something out. From my research with timelines regarding this case, I'm going to guess that this Doe was from Houston Heights. I have no clue what that area was like in the late 60s/early 70s, I'll d0 a little more research regarding this area.
From what I found from several sources, it looks like this Doe was wearing:
  • A khaki style shirt with an imprint on the back saying "USA" with a peace sign and USMC on the front (possibly?).
  • Dark blue corduroy pants, size 32x30. (I'm not a clothing expert, but from my research this would be a size medium and mean that Doe might've possibly weighed around 144-177 lbs).
  • Catalina brand striped swim trunks: Catalina was based in California and began national distribution 20 years after Doe was found. (Maybe the trunks were bought in California and/or Doe was from there).
  • A pair of white or tan socks: they appear to be quarter or calf-length.
  • A pair of Neolite brown boots that were size 10.5-11 in Men's.
  • A rawhide wrist bracelet or anklet.
It looks like Doe might've been possibly enlisted in the Marines, supported the Marines, or possibly had family in the Marine Corps. Doe had multiple unique physical features as well here, including:
  • Brown hair that was no longer than just below the ear.
  • Approximately 5'2-5'7 in height.
  • Mild form of spina bifida that might've affected how he walked
  • Chronic irritation of the sternal ends of clavicle bones (possibly took a lot of OTCs to cope with pain?)
  • Natural teeth with no fillings.
I know Corll often offered drugs to his victims, maybe he offered Doe some OTCs if he was possibly addicted? I'll keep digging and see what I can find here.

Just found out about this story today, I found it quite interesting. I decided to do a little research around the story and Corll himself. I noticed a very common set of features (MO) about the victims
  • 13-20 years old
  • White or Hispanic males
  • Brown or black hair
This MO won't tell us who this Doe was, but it might signal something out. From my research with timelines regarding this case, I'm going to guess that this Doe was from Houston Heights. I have no clue what that area was like in the late 60s/early 70s, I'll d0 a little more research regarding this area.
From what I found from several sources, it looks like this Doe was wearing:
  • A khaki style shirt with an imprint on the back saying "USA" with a peace sign and USMC on the front (possibly?).
  • Dark blue corduroy pants, size 32x30. (I'm not a clothing expert, but from my research this would be a size medium and mean that Doe might've possibly weighed around 144-177 lbs).
  • Catalina brand striped swim trunks: Catalina was based in California and began national distribution 20 years after Doe was found. (Maybe the trunks were bought in California and/or Doe was from there).
  • A pair of white or tan socks: they appear to be quarter or calf-length.
  • A pair of Neolite brown boots that were size 10.5-11 in Men's.
  • A rawhide wrist bracelet or anklet.
It looks like Doe might've been possibly enlisted in the Marines, supported the Marines, or possibly had family in the Marine Corps. Doe had multiple unique physical features as well here, including:
  • Brown hair that was no longer than just below the ear.
  • Approximately 5'2-5'7 in height.
  • Mild form of spina bifida that might've affected how he walked
  • Chronic irritation of the sternal ends of clavicle bones (possibly took a lot of OTCs to cope with pain?)
  • Natural teeth with no fillings.
I know Corll often offered drugs to his victims, maybe he offered Doe some OTCs if he was possibly addicted? I'll keep digging and see what I can find here.
Thank you for looking into this case!!! This boy, and several others, deserve much more attention than they’ve gotten to date. I spent hours upon hours researching these cases and posted several links to that research. It might be beneficial to you. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Thank you for looking into this case!!! This boy, and several others, deserve much more attention than they’ve gotten to date. I spent hours upon hours researching these cases and posted several links to that research. It might be beneficial to you. Let me know if I can help in any way!
No problem. Also I can see a possible reason nobody has identified him too: he has two different faces. Idk which face is more accurate than the other. The hair in the LSU reconstruction seems very out of place for the 1970s.
IMO

No problem. Also I can see a possible reason nobody has identified him too: he has two different faces. Idk which face is more accurate than the other. The hair in the LSU reconstruction seems very out of place for the 1970s.
IMO
There are a dozen reasons why he hasn’t been identified. I don’t know if it makes me more sad or mad that he hasn’t. The cases of these boys (identified, unidentified, missing, and otherwise) are probably the saddest I’ve ever researched.
Another thing I found might be a good clue here. From the approximate weight range I came up with, I calculated his BMI. Doe might’ve been on the heavier side, his BMI ranged from 22-26
That is interesting and unusual. Reminds me of a boy from Louisiana...which I’ll kick myself for not remembering his name.

I just know if he’d have been reported missing, he would have already been identified by now. Which makes this all the worse....I doubt several of them were ever reported as missing. :(

I wonder if this Doe was from out of state and staying with another relative maybe- like a grandparent or joint custody between parents? My mom's parents were divorced and she spent the summer with her mom and school year w/her dad.
IMO

I wonder if this Doe was from out of state and staying with another relative maybe- like a grandparent or joint custody between parents? My mom's parents were divorced and she spent the summer with her mom and school year w/her dad.
IMO
That certainly would contribute to them slipping between the cracks of law enforcement. Considering they may have been murdered as early as the summer of 1971, whomever knew him in the area (such as a parent), could have moved before the bodies were discovered, or passed away before then too. The chance that they were a local boy whose parent(s) were still living in the area in August 1973 seems very unlikely.

All along I have been assuming our boy went missing in the summer because he was found with a swimsuit, but I think he was wearing the swimsuit as underwear. Why did I never snap that he was also found with a long sleeved khaki shirt, blue corduroy pants and cowboy boots. It doesn’t mention underwear being found with him. I’m betting he went missing in fall or winter.

He was found with belted “Catalina” swim trunks with vertical red, turquoise, gold, and dark blue stripes, with the letter “C” on the silver buckle (shown above) and a khaki-colored long sleeved t-shirt that tied in the front. The shirt had a large blue and white peace symbol and the letters “USMC”, and “L84MF” written underneath the peace symbol. He was also found with dark blue corduroys with a 32 inch waist and a 30 inch inseam, a knotted leather ankle bracelet, and brown leather cowboy boots that were 12 inches in length and had the word “NEOLITE” on the heel.

I always thought the boots with a swimsuit thing was weird. But, nobody in their right mind would wear corduroy pants, long sleeved shirt and boots during a Texas summer.

Have you seen this child? John Doe 1973

Last edited:
Another thing I found might be a good clue here. From the approximate weight range I came up with, I calculated his BMI. Doe might’ve been on the heavier side, his BMI ranged from 22-26
If you didn’t already use this information, his pant size is 32” waist and 30” inseam if that helps.

Accomplice David Brooks has died in prison of COVID-19.

D63DB506-D172-4A3B-96B0-719B9F75F558.jpeg
Mugshot after his arrest at 19 years old

11381CB4-2669-46B1-B910-483F65A7091A.jpeg
Latest mugshot

David Brooks, 65, was assigned to the Polunsky Unit in Livingston when he was hospitalized May 12 with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. He tested positive for the virus at Hospital Galveston before he died May 28. He had multiple pre-existing conditions at the time of his death, according to TDCJ, but preliminary autopsy results indicate COVID-19 was a contributing factor.

He sure did keep tight lipped in prison, didn’t he? Never heard a peep from him, not always blabbing away like Henley. I guess the blabbing is a good thing, Henley sure did incriminate himself a whole lot.

Henchman of one of state’s most notorious serial killers dies of COVID-1

David Brooks, accomplice in Houston Mass Murders, dies of COVID-19

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77