CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

• Heather Warren Shtuka While I’m grateful that these cases are receiving recognition, I am troubled that my son is mentioned in an article without any forwarding contact with his families or friends. To try and draw a direct line between the investigations of the men involved is to me inappropriate and misleading.

I can recognize that families want answers for their missing loved ones. I want nothing more than that myself. And while we support others going through the same tragedy as us, I would like to remain focused on Ryan, as an individual. Besides being male and being in BC, there are no correlations to speak of. There are no back stories that are similar.

It muddies the waters.

• Heather Warren Shtuka While I’m grateful that these cases are receiving recognition, I am troubled that my son is mentioned in an article without any forwarding contact with his families or friends. To try and draw a direct line between the investigations of the men involved is to me inappropriate and misleading.

I can recognize that families want answers for their missing loved ones. I want nothing more than that myself. And while we support others going through the same tragedy as us, I would like to remain focused on Ryan, as an individual. Besides being male and being in BC, there are no correlations to speak of. There are no back stories that are similar.

It muddies the waters.

Dec 1 2020
December 1, 2020 - MISSING: RYAN SHTUKA
''Today I walk the hallowed halls of Remembrance; down lonely corridors of Regret; forever wandering the endless passages of what could have been and what will never be again.

It is a house of Loss, precariously surrounded by encroaching grief and fear. I look around 3 years later and see small green shoots in a field of blazing destruction and I know that the harvest cycles will grow and renew. We will replant and build again. Some day the cobwebs that fill the house will give way and the windows will let open to wide expanses of sunshine and laughter.

But we never forget.

I wish I had held you tighter, my son, so that I could have filled the rest of my days with nothing but sweet memories of you.''
8A6F2567-AAAF-405F-A697-8B8BEC47D166.jpeg

I've been following this case since day 1. I don't know what's specifically drawn me to it. Perhaps a number of reasons. I don't know him or his family but have 2 sons, grew up north of Beaumont, and now reside a 6 hour drive west of sun Peaks. Maybe it's just the eerieness of his disappearance and how "close to home" it feels. I really hope answers are found soon in what happened to this young man.

I've been following this case since day 1. I don't know what's specifically drawn me to it. Perhaps a number of reasons. I don't know him or his family but have 2 sons, grew up north of Beaumont, and now reside a 6 hour drive west of sun Peaks. Maybe it's just the eerieness of his disappearance and how "close to home" it feels. I really hope answers are found soon in what happened to this young man.
Welcome to Ws KKYYC!
Thanks for chiming in, Ryan's disappearance has touched many hearts, hoping 2021 brings him home.

I feel you... the circumstances are not "unusual" for a MP but yet it really does feel eerie. Maybe the ski hill aspect? So cold and quiet, and so many areas that are just never traveled.
I live in the adjacent town and I remember when he first went missing, his posters were everywhere. I was in college and I stared at his face everytime I was waiting at the college bus stop.

Missing Children Database: Ryan Shtuka

"How is it even possible to get through each day when you are sure that a piece of your being shatters as night draws near? So I try to remember the moments spent together. When we were happy. And I can breathe again" — Ryan's mother''

''Date of birth:
March 17, 1997
Missing since:
Feb. 17, 2018
Missing from:
Sun Peaks, British Columbia, Canada
Eyes:
Brown
Hair:
Blond
Height:
6'0" / 182 cm
Weight:
180 lbs / 81.6 kg
Additional information:
Ryan Shtuka is missing from Sun Peaks, B.C. On February 17th at approximately 2:00am, Ryan left a party to walk a short distance home but did not arrive. Ryan has never gone missing before and it is very unlike him to not be in contact with friends and family. He was last seen wearing dark jeans, a grey-white shirt, a blue coat and a burgundy baseball cap.''

If possible, somehow i feel that another search should be done in the area where Ryan first went missing. In many cases a missing person has ended up being located fairly close to where they first went missing, even when that area had been searched many times.
imo, speculation.

What a wonderful thing, offering their personal experience and support rather than each family of a person suddenly gone missing having to go it alone -

(From your link)
“What do you do, really, after every official channel goes home?” Heather said.

Their goal is to provide hope, support and resources to families in need.

“It was just so clear that with this book of information from the past 10 months — that we could pay it forward,” Tammy said. “Also, because there were so many searchers that gave so much to us, expecting nothing in return.”

The group has experience doing things like co-ordinating command centres and leveraging social media campaigns.

“To be able to support families that are going through this, so that they can make reasonable decisions that aren’t just based on emotion,” Heather said.

The families are hopeful The Free Bird Project will continue to grow, amassing more volunteers, sponsors and donations so they can expand their reach outside of the Edmonton area.

Tammy explained there’s lots of ways people can get involved.....”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back