Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand fully why LE isn't releasing more information but at the same time I worry the lack of any new information is causing the case to fade from the public eye. I'm betting thats exactly what a certain someone hopes happens.

According to the Fox 21 article she said the noise was coming from one direction. (I assume she meant the job site) She said at first she thought it was a truck running in the driveway "but no, it kept running and coming from the same direction over there." She said she got up to investigate and by the time she opened the back door, it stopped.

She said she remembers it was Mother's Day weekend because although her hearing is going, her memory is still sharp.

Imo
I wonder if that’s when Barry was doing a mechanical thing with his bobcat.

Really? People are so highly adrenalized during a crime event, it sounds quite typical. In fact, I've been struck over the years by the number of perps who are caught within a couple of days of their crime who then proceed to fall asleep in the patrol car or in the jail cell or the interrogating room, having not slept at all since the crime.

This isn't just true of crimes. Women in labor, unable to sleep for 2-3 days, can be almost manic in their attempts to do things (although they usually demand someone else do the driving!)

My SiL has a job where he's often called out in the middle of the night and then works for up to 36 hours without sleep (and it's a safety related job, he's the safety manager for an industry that involves flammable liquids). He seems completely normal the whole time, and then goes right back to his usual 5 hours a night of sleep.

Doctors work 24 hour shifts and then do clinical hours before going home. Residents and interns work longer shifts than that. Nurses commute 1-2 hours, work 12, then commute 1-2 hours home here in SoCal.

For a really terrible story about crime, sleeplessness and long distance trucking, read that book on Jesperson. (Actually - probably don't read it, it's nightmare-inducing).

I agree with your first sentence, for sure.

But, whether the machinery noise was crime-related or just...some careless construction worker trying to fiddle with machinery, a normal person would stop the noise if they saw a porch light go on or a house light go on - because noise complaints are real. And neighborly relations are important. If crime related, obviously the machine-user would try to evade detection.

Every once in a while, a loud car (either music or more often muffler) stops in front of our house and the instant I look out the window, they'll take off. At night, merely switching on the porch light makes them leave. I always assume they're up to no good.

I wish the guys with leaf blowers would shut them off when I go outside.
Do bobcats usually run on diesel? Any idea whether Barry's truck is diesel?

The sound of a diesel engine is at a very low pitch (correct term?). You are more aware of feeling the low pitched rumble rather than hear it if you have hearing loss at the low end of the scale. Think about the sensation of a train rumble, the rumble of a large jet, etc.

That was my first thought when MG thought BM's truck was idling outside her apartment, she felt the rumble.
Do I remember correctly that the alleged noise-hearer waited quite a while before reporting anything to LE?

Do I remember correctly that the alleged noise-hearer waited quite a while before reporting anything to LE?
I'm not sure if MB knew that BM was working at that site until LE came to her to question her. I also didn't realize that she lives next door to that property. When she points in her interview I just took it as an over there type of point but it's just on the other side of her detached garage. It appears if something weird was happening at that construction site, both neighbors on either side seem to have garages on the side of the construction which would limit their view from in their homes and possibly muffle the sound a little. Also there was an interview that may now have been deleted where MBs son speaks and backs his Mother's story up because he had come for Mother's Day and she had told him the story that weekend. I believe there was an issue as to them agreeing they were not sure which day it was but it was a day or two before his arrival. Feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect on mo.

Thx. What was the time-lapse?
I don’t think we know. I imagine Barry was interviewed as to his whereabouts that weekend, and told law enforcement that he was at that construction site on Saturday.

They likely followed up by canvassing that area, knocked on this woman’s door, and she told them what she heard.

So if I’d have to guess, it would be a few days after Suzanne disappeared.

I wonder if that’s when Barry was doing a mechanical thing with his bobcat.

There was a bobcat in the driveway during the May 10th search of the Puma Path house. Some of our more eagle eyed sleuther’s determined it was used to tie yellow rib to, (as opposed to being sealed off). I wonder if BM moved the bob cat from the construction site to his house that night. The part that puzzles me, is why would LE zone in on the bobcat in such a way as it appeared to trip up BM and why is he desperately trying to explain that away?
Did another construction worker verify that the bobcat had been moved from the construction site that night?
I doubt BM tore up and relaid concrete that night. My guess if anything was buried it was in softer muck near the river.

Last edited:
To me, given BM's business that includes dirt and digging, I think Suzanne is likely buried deeply. Also likely the earth above is compacted and the surface made to look natural. MOO

I also think the area was raked over to cover tracks... It is an odd request to ask an employee to rake out a site on a Sunday morning, when you have also asked her to assemble a crew and drive to Broomfield(....spell check insists on Brookfield!).

I also think the area was raked over to cover tracks... It is an odd request to ask an employee to rake out a site on a Sunday morning, when you have also asked her to assemble a crew and drive to Broomfield(....spell check insists on Brookfield!).

MG raked out the beach area on SATURDAY morning when she worked there with BM from 9am to 11am.

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Really? People are so highly adrenalized during a crime event, it sounds quite typical. In fact, I've been struck over the years by the number of perps who are caught within a couple of days of their crime who then proceed to fall asleep in the patrol car or in the jail cell or the interrogating room, having not slept at all since the crime.

This isn't just true of crimes. Women in labor, unable to sleep for 2-3 days, can be almost manic in their attempts to do things (although they usually demand someone else do the driving!)

My SiL has a job where he's often called out in the middle of the night and then works for up to 36 hours without sleep (and it's a safety related job, he's the safety manager for an industry that involves flammable liquids). He seems completely normal the whole time, and then goes right back to his usual 5 hours a night of sleep.

Doctors work 24 hour shifts and then do clinical hours before going home. Residents and interns work longer shifts than that. Nurses commute 1-2 hours, work 12, then commute 1-2 hours home here in SoCal.

For a really terrible story about crime, sleeplessness and long distance trucking, read that book on Jesperson. (Actually - probably don't read it, it's nightmare-inducing).

I agree with your first sentence, for sure.

But, whether the machinery noise was crime-related or just...some careless construction worker trying to fiddle with machinery, a normal person would stop the noise if they saw a porch light go on or a house light go on - because noise complaints are real. And neighborly relations are important. If crime related, obviously the machine-user would try to evade detection.

Every once in a while, a loud car (either music or more often muffler) stops in front of our house and the instant I look out the window, they'll take off. At night, merely switching on the porch light makes them leave. I always assume they're up to no good.

I wish the guys with leaf blowers would shut them off when I go outside.
I agree... adrenaline plays a huge role. I work in hospice and just finished a 36 hour shift because of the snow fall. It went by in the blink of an eye... and then of course I crash.

Refreshing my memory, to put alongside the reported machinery noises in the night...

"Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators."

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Edited to add:
The situation reminds me of times I've read/heard investigators say something along the lines of they ask questions that they already know the answer to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23