CA CA - Rev. Leslie Crane, 39, Laytonville, 18 Nov 2005

Ok I had to scroll up a little more and catch up. I'll start compiling everything tomorrow and keep up with you guys on my progress and what else to do next etc. I appreciate the help and being patient w me getting back a little sporadically here lately my schedule is pretty arbitrary at best

My mind can't let go of one item about this case. When asked who had broken in, Les Crane's dying words were, "They came to see the Count today." The Count being the young man sleeping in the trailer that night. And that's what bugs me. If they didn't come in daylight, then why did he specify "today" in the middle of the night?

So, to me, the question becomes, Who actually did come to the trailer the previous day to see The Count?

Not that I can do anything about this promising lead, unless I am approved as a Verified Insider.

Right I'm not 100% sure what's ok to discuss right here but if I remember right, my dad said the people came earlier in the day to see Sean (Count) as he was staying there on the property. I'm not sure what they were there for Sean wouldn't confirm who they were to me just claimed he couldn't remember.

A few interesting tidbits from The Anderson Valley Advertiser June 2013–not exactly mainstream media and very opinionated, but interesting, nonetheless:

GOOD TO READ that Linda Williams of the Willits News has re-visited the unsolved 2005 murder of Les Crane, a Laytonville marijuana crusader shot to death in his home by a group of four invaders, maybe more. The constant reminders of Mendocino County atrocities help keep the victims alive, in that their families and other persons close to the victims know that the crime has not been forgotten.

—————

THE MURDER OF LES CRANE is unusual in the number of persons involved. Usually, when a group of mopes do a serious crime, one of them is soon arrested for something else and, eager for a reduced sentence for that something else, the mope trades inside information on, say, Crane's messy dispatch. But that hasn't happened.

—————

WE'D FORGOTTEN that Ukiah 'Sativa' Morrison worked for Crane. Morrison has just moved in on the unsuspecting Dorothea Dorman on Radical Ridge north of Ukiah after three successive evictions. He's been in and out of the Mendo news for years as a negative advertisement for marijuana, and if I were a cop I would have debriefed him long and hard about the Crane matter. There's also speculation that the people who killed Crane also killed Chris Giauque. These people are said to comprise a kind of Laytonville-Spy Rock mafia with whom it is unwise to mess.
BBM

Off The Record

Yeah I think so too.

Excellent article by George Dorner. ;) I especially like these points:
The burning question in this case then is, Who came to the farm to visit “The Count” on the day before the murder? And my intuition kicks in with, Given the timing of the raid, did at least some of the raiders sop up liquid courage nearby until 2 o'clock closing? Perhaps some regular in a local waterhole recalls something odd in the wayback…?
BBM

I hope ”The Count” was thoroughly questioned by LE about who came to see him, even though it appears he claimed “forgetfulness” to Les’s son.

And maybe a regular at the local bar will have enough memory and enough courage to put two and two together.

So many of these Emerald Triangle cases could be solved if locals weren’t afraid they’ll be next.

Hope the son is holding on through this difficult year. I've chosen not to use the @ signal, to leave him in peace.

He'll find us when he's ready to try again IMHO.

jmho ymmv lrr

Jennifer died by suicide on March 12th 2013 in Michigan by hanging herself in a closet from a dog leash. According to her boyfriend at the time, she had been placed in St Mary's Medical Hospital a couple of years prior due to her hearing voices telling her to kill herself, and she had been suffering severe depression ever since Les was murdered. She was taking several medications at the time and a left a note written in red ink that just said "I'm Sorry, I love you", which was left for the live in Boyfriend at the time.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately at this time we do not have any Verified Insiders in this discussion, so nobody can state information as fact without providing links to support those facts OR going through our verification process.

Verification is a very quick and simple process, usually takes 1 to 2 days get approval, and confidentiality is absolutely assured unless the member wishes to disclose to members who they are or how they are connected to the case.

If someone states information as fact without links or without being Verified as to their relationship to the case, their post will be removed until such time as they do become verified. Once they are verified their posts will be reinstated.

We just need to verify that you are who you say you are and how you are connected to the case. This is so that our members can know you aren't just some random person on the internet playing games in a very serious matter. (Yes, it happens :rolleyes:)

This link explains why we have the verification process in place and how to apply.

Please consider applying as we would sincerely love to have your input in this discussion.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I wanted to provide the police report of Jenifer's suicide so you can see what it says. LINK to police report page 1 LINK to police report page 2.

Les was a good friend of mine, I am the person who put up the reward in 2005 when he was murdered. I worked with Les throughout the Summer and Fall of 2005, where I helped him open Hemp Plus Ministry in Ukiah. I also helped him plan the United Cannabis Ministry Conference, which I see mentioned on here quite a bit.

When I had no where to go and needed a place to stay, Les provided that. He provided me with a job, a place to live, and opportunity to be a part of something special.

I do not believe the police ever did a proper investigation, and with everything going on in that area with cops and sheriffs being indicted under the RICO act, and with one just pleading guilty, maybe it will inspire the feds or state AG to reopen the investigation.

I only found out that Jenifer killed herself though this forum, which I then did a FOIA for the info and received it almost immediately. They said she hung herself from a tree, but it the police report said it was a closet, but however it happened, it was this site that got me that info.

I will be sharing much more information very soon. Thanks for having this thread. Les deserves justice.

Welcome @spyrocked and thank you for becoming a verified insider. You sound like someone who could help move this case forward.
Welcome @spyrocked and thank you for becoming a verified insider. You sound like someone who could help move this case forward.
I hope to be able to do so.

I made this video when we opened Hemp Plus. At exactly 4:20 of the video, you can hear and see Les speak to one of our patients. It is the only video I know of that you can see and hear him. Hey was one of a kind, a hard *advertiser censored* with a giant heart <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Les Crane was a medical marijuana activist, dispensary owner and local philanthropist who was murdered at his home in Laytonville, California. Les opened a youth center in Laytonville complete with pool tables, games, and snacks that was all paid for by Les. The day prior to his murder he gave $7,000 worth of turkeys to the food banks so everyone in Mendocino County would have one on Thanksgiving. His favorite saying was "It's always something", and boy, was he something.

<modsnip for cleanup>This case has gone from cold to hot very quickly. We have a team working on this case now, and with the Mendocino police departments under the gun with RICO investigations going on, there has never been a better time to rekindle this investigation. I will post a couple of articles and a timeline in the next two days that shows what lead up to Les's death, and what happened after his death, and then releasing some of our findings here that you can help with. This is the white whale of Mendocino County Murders, and it's time to bring justice to those involved.

www.whokilledlescrane.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

WS member spyrocked has been verified as a case insider in Les Crane's case.

Verified case insiders are not required to provide links to what they state as fact about a case, but in all other respects they must post in accordance with The Rules. It is up to members to determine how much weight they wish to assign to information provided by a VI. If you disagree with something they state however, you may respectfully ask questions, but do not argue or bicker with them, or challenge them.

Two months prior to Les being murdered his Ex Girlfriend who still worked for him got busted for two felonies on September 13th of 2005. When I began this investigation just two weeks ago, those felonies were visible, but just a day ago, they vanished on the Mendocino County Courthouse Website. Much more will be posted soon, but can anyone help find what Misty Champlin was busted for and by whom?

Attachments

• tempImagehUajWM.png
    tempImagehUajWM.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 11
  • tempImageWQEUrI.png
    tempImageWQEUrI.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online