NJ NJ - Celina Mays, 12, pregnant, Willingboro, 16 Dec 1996

Celina Mays - LAST SEEN: December 15, 1996

Mays was just 12 years old and nine months pregnant when she went missing. She was last seen in Willingboro in Burlington County.

Have you seen them? N.J. State Police are looking for these missing people

maysjpg-5afe511ac5a424dd.jpg

I do not have a clear opinion on what has happened to Celina. However, I do have a view on how LE should have proceeded, but do not know if they did so.

I agree with various posts that it is inconceivable that there is nothing known within the church and it's members. Either someone within is responsible (for the pregnancy, her disappearance or helping her run), or has information which will help point LE in the right direction. So the question, with a cult of this sort, is how LE can gain access to that information. The weak point of the church and it's leaders are it's antecedents. In 1991 it was thrown out of the Christ Gospel Ministries International (a large Pentecostal umbrella organisation) because they had questions about Cerita Smith's personal control over her members and about the financial management of the church, including how they raised and used funds (especially interesting given that Celina's father (and Cerita Smith's brother) was the church accountant. It takes one hell of a lot of doubts for a church group to, effectively, excommunicate a member church. These concerns may be magnified by the background of the family. I am confident (but not 100% sure) that Celina's father, Crezonzo J Mays, is the same as Crezonzo Jerrel Mays who died age 65 in Florida in 2017. If this is the case he had a record a mile long from the 1970's and 80's, involving drugs and robbery. Given this background I would expect LE to have focused on finding issues in the church, probably around finances, and used this to place pressure on the family. I would also expect them to have closely questioned Barbara Young, the attorney who investigated complaints leading up to the expulsion of the church from it's parent organisation (in order to identify anything she found out which could be used). Was the church being used as a front?

It would be interesting if anyone knows to what extent LE went down this path.

I am still wondering what LE did (and are doing) to put pressure on the family and church. Cerita Smith was still running the church until a very few years ago (and may still be doing so). There must be past members of the church who have since left and are more likely to talk today if contacted by LE. And everything I find makes me more convinced the family and church know more than has been said. I pointed out C J Mays criminal record from the 70s and 80s. At the time of the disappearance the maternal side of Celina's family made very specific allegations about domestic abuse and suggestions of incest, which led to the (unverified) claim that Mays had a vasectomy. This can all be found at The Courier-News from Bridgewater, New Jersey on January 11, 1997 · Page 31 . Although it is on newspapers.com which requires a subscription, it is easy to call up the OCR text and read the story.

I think we need to look further into Sacred Heart, the real estate stalker listed in the rip off report and his wife out of New Jersey. I also have not seen Celina and baby ruled out as Peaches and baby. As I understand it, there is a connection.

I think we need to look further into Sacred Heart, the real estate stalker listed in the rip off report and his wife out of New Jersey. I also have not seen Celina and baby ruled out as Peaches and baby. As I understand it, there is a connection.
What do you mean by peaches and baby?

12 years old. Strict, religious home life. Pregnant! Whether it be her dad or anyone else, I would imagine she was not in a happy place. "Thanks for everything" to her cousin. Didn't take any belongings. The pillow under the blanket simply could have been to buy time. So no one would come looking until it was too late. Could she have possibly committed suicide? Jumping off a bridge into a body of water could result in no body being found. She was close to giving birth. Father of baby would no doubt be revealed, which would have more than likely turned out badly, whoever it was. IDK, probably a bad outcome for this young lady. So sad.

It's insane to me that this case never got more publicity over the years considering she was a TWELVE year old girl who was pregnant and in a possible cult. Just blows my mind. I hope LE is still working hard on this case considering what her Charley Project page says about her father supposedly not cooperating much further with them :(

I don't think she is alive, though I wish she were.

I'm perplexed on how and why child protective services wasn't involved before her disappearance. She was 11 when she became pregnant.

The authorities really dropped the ball on this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back