Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
However frustrating it may seem, LE could have a lot of evidence but could be waiting for more because if Suzanne won’t be found this will be a no body case. Although it’s not impossible, still those are the more difficult cases to prosecute.

As more time goes by the more certain it would be that SM is not alive. Time is on LE’s side.
As waiting won’t hurt SM anymore, it can’t hurt to wait what longer and see if LE could get lucky and her body would turn up somewhere. Or some other evidence/witness would turn up and seal the case and make it even stronger.

I also think that LE is aware in a case where they have a suspect who is rich those could have a much better/more skilled/more experienced lawyer team, so their case must be even stronger.

And there is also the fact if they arrest someone the countdown begins.

All IMHO
There is also the possibility that the perpetrator in this crime is a POI in another.

I know many report that SM was okay with the move to CO, but I cannot get past the fact that it is very unusual to move some distance away from lifetime friends and family and established business relationships in Indiana, especially at the point at which they did - when one daughter was still in high school and when SM's mother had passed and her father was aging.

So, in consideration of that unusual occurrence just a couple years before SM's disappearance, I keep my mind open on that possibility.

There is also the possibility that the perpetrator in this crime is a POI in another.

I know many report that SM was okay with the move to CO, but I cannot get past the fact that it is very unusual to move some distance away from lifetime friends and family and established business relationships in Indiana, especially at the point at which they did - when one daughter was still in high school and when SM's mother had passed and her father was aging.

So, in consideration of that unusual occurrence just a couple years before SM's disappearance, I keep my mind open on that possibility.
Although I personally don’t think BM is suspect in something else back in Indiana, you never know.

I agree... adrenaline plays a huge role. I work in hospice and just finished a 36 hour shift because of the snow fall. It went by in the blink of an eye... and then of course I crash.

Thank you @Tate123 for working in the hospice setting. It takes a very special person! I admire you. You make such a difference in the lives of your pts and their families. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Although I personally don’t think BM is suspect in something else back in Indiana, you never know.
Yes, and I don’t know. But, this utilization of compromised persons (persons whom BM identified as a former convict and a drug user), then describing himself as providing them generous opportunities while simultaneously seeming to set them up to be implicated in his own crimes (IMO)... he did it so easily that it seems to me he is likely to have done such before.

Yes, and I don’t know. But, this utilization of compromised persons (persons whom BM identified as a former convict and a drug user), then describing himself as providing them generous opportunities while simultaneously seeming to set them up to be implicated in his own crimes (IMO)... he did it so easily that it seems to me he is likely to have done such before.
Interesting.

A loving spouse would keep in contact with police to make sure they were working on the case. Anyone want to bet how many times BM has called police to check and see what they are doing to find his wife?
I guess zero. I’m curious...was he argumentative with LE? Or did he save his tough guy act and criticism for the media?

There are 2 thoughts I find frustrating...

1) LE has all evidence they need to arrest the killer, but politics are preventing that from happening at this time

2) LE does not have the evidence they need to arrest the killer at this time and are waiting on a break through.
Well....if #1 is true we should see an arrest in the first quarter of next year. If we don’t, we’re looking at #2. :)

There are 2 thoughts I find frustrating...

1) LE has all evidence they need to arrest the killer, but politics are preventing that from happening at this time

2) LE does not have the evidence they need to arrest the killer at this time and are waiting on a break through.
It is insanely frustrating but I still have confidence the perp will be behind bars in the not too distant future. I think digital evidence alone will be very damning but, of course, LE would prefer to have Suzanne found. That would likely make it a slam-dunk. So, for now, we just need to be patient. As there’s no statute of limitations, time will always be on the side of justice for Suzanne.

The bobcat was said to have not made it to Broomfield. Media thread post #385 (Nancy Grace interview with LS)
bbm:

32:42
nancy i want to tell you something barry
32:44
did admit one
32:45
inconsistency to me about his timeline
32:48
that he provided to investigators
32:50
but it was about uh it was he told me it
32:52
was a mechanical thing to his bobcat
32:55
that's the one thing that he said that
32:57
he mistakenly
32:59
had confused and you know he said
33:02
you know i just found out my wife was
33:04
missing and um
33:05
i i didn't have that timeline right as
33:08
far as what was wrong
33:10
mechanically with his bobcats he
33:11
wouldn't tell me what would the bobcat
33:13
have to do with the timeline
33:15
he he the one of the employees told me
33:19
that he was supposed to bring that to
33:21
broomfield for that job site but they
33:24
never had it when they got there
Actually, Barry could have taken the bobcat with him and just towed it back with him when he left. He left before the crew arrived so, yes, they would not have known if the bobcat was ever there or not.

It is insanely frustrating but I still have confidence the perp will be behind bars in the not too distant future. I think digital evidence alone will be very damning but, of course, LE would prefer to have Suzanne found. That would likely make it a slam-dunk. So, for now, we just need to be patient. As there’s no statute of limitations, time will always be on the side of justice for Suzanne.
Kind of a moral question, but what does ‘Justice for Suzanne’ mean?
For me, I don’t know if true justice is attainable for the life of Suzanne, but a confession, a sentencing, and the location of her body revealed, would at least bring some closure. A pipe dream, I know.

For me, I don’t know if true justice is attainable for the life of Suzanne, but a confession, a sentencing, and the location of her body revealed, would at least bring some closure. A pipe dream, I know.
This is a moral question I think a lot of us have thought about. And we come down with you.
Still as others have debated through these many threads, there is another side.

judge or judge not// a trial could be painful to SM’s children. And other loved ones.

most of us agree, seeing justice for their mom is important. But my god, these choices are more complex than they seem. JMO

theoretically I am pro prosecution. I also understand that some loved ones of SM and her girls would be reticent.

First hand experience- trials take many years and not sure yet if they are therapeutic or not.

I suppose justice is whatever can give those who loved her some peace and the location of her remains would be a large part of that. True justice is unattainable but IMO our system provides the next best thing for victims of crimes.

Actually, Barry could have taken the bobcat with him and just towed it back with him when he left. He left before the crew arrived so, yes, they would not have known if the bobcat was ever there or not.
Is there any chance BM and his crew passed each other going in opposite directions at some point? If so, they would know if he was towing equipment or not.

Is there any chance BM and his crew passed each other going in opposite directions at some point? If so, they would know if he was towing equipment or not.
I doubt it, and I think MG would have mentioned it if that was the case.

It would be a huge risk for BM to lie about whether he had the bobcat or not, as all it would take is one witness or surveillance camera image to catch him out.

I’m confident that law enforcement knows the answer to this.

This is a moral question I think a lot of us have thought about. And we come down with you.
Still as others have debated through these many threads, there is another side.

judge or judge not// a trial could be painful to SM’s children. And other loved ones.

most of us agree, seeing justice for their mom is important. But my god, these choices are more complex than they seem. JMO

theoretically I am pro prosecution. I also understand that some loved ones of SM and her girls would be reticent.

First hand experience- trials take many years and not sure yet if they are therapeutic or not.
I agree with you.
I wonder whether any peer reviewed research is available on the subject?
Catharsis for next of kin, catharsis for everybody else who cares that her life was taken from her by somebody.
I'm pro prosecution too. Less pro defense when its so expensive and time consuming for those waiting, it seems to add to the torture and the misery and it doesn't always pan out well for the victim either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500