GUILTY MO - Jessica Mast, 4, beaten to death, Benton County, Dec 2020 *4 arrests, 2 guilty*

From the article:

The deputy asked the father how these injuries happened. He told the deputy that people who lived across the road, Mast and Aumen, caused the injuries. According to the PC statement, the two went to the family’s house that morning around 8 a.m. and beat the two-year-old.

The father told authorities that the beatings have been happening for about two weeks. He also told police that he was beaten with a wooden spoon two days earlier.

“I asked how he could let people do this to his family, and he stated that they were told (the mother) had a “demon” inside her, and her children would end up just like her if it was not taken care of,” court documents say.

The father said that Mast and Aumen threatened him and said if he did not comply, someone would get shot. The father also told police that if he or his wife provided aid or comfort to the children or themselves, it would be a sin, and satan would come.

Mast and Aumen told investigators during interviews after being arrested that they did beat the children and their mother. They also said they forced the mother and daughter to a pond where more assaults occurred.

Totally nuts. These neighbors reportedly were showing up for two weeks to beat up the child, and the mother. Parents obviously knew enough to call 911 when the child died, but it haven't occurred to them to call 911 when neighbors were showing up and beating up the child, while the child was still alive? Again, what kind or religion is that where a man allows his neighbor to show up and beat up his family members? How does beating and sexually abusing the child makes the supposed demon to be removed from the mother?

Benton County MO Sheriff's Office this is insane Some interesting comments under the post on the sheriffs Facebook what in the world was really going on? I hope they look into the wellbeing of his own children I hope they were not abused as well Again a perfect wholesome looking family and unimaginable evil underneath

Bizarre and cruel. I wonder if the parents are of sound mental capacity. I can’t imagine any “normal” father being beaten with a wooden spoon for 2 weeks and watching his family beaten as well.

But gosh, that poor child. What a horrible death.

Bizarre and cruel. I wonder if the parents are of sound mental capacity. I can’t imagine any “normal” father being beaten with a wooden spoon for 2 weeks and watching his family beaten as well.

But gosh, that poor child. What a horrible death.
It's hard to imagine for me as well. I mean, if this all happened in one day, I could understand being scared. But this went on for two weeks. The parents weren't held hostage either during this time.
The neighbors would come and go, and continue to beat up the child, and then the second child, and the wife.
For what reason did these two parents not contact police during this whole time?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back