CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I just don't get this.

It reeks of ineptitude. Whether a minor is involved or not, it's time to stand up and do your jobs.

A child is dead - murdered, and it appears they know who but the investigation is a quagmire of loose ends and to all who keep looking for answers it appears that this investigation has been totally botched.

I'm surprised the media isn't all over this. Why aren't they?

MOO

Honestly, I just don't get this.

It reeks of ineptitude. Whether a minor is involved or not, it's time to stand up and do your jobs.

A child is dead - murdered, and it appears they know who but the investigation is a quagmire of loose ends and to all who keep looking for answers it appears that this investigati
on has been totally botched.

I'm surprised the media isn't all over this. Why aren't they?

MOO
<modsnip>

Placerville police chief steps down
Wren named Placerville police chief

I can't help but wonder - if the City had hired a new chief from outside the department, would this case be moving along differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh this bugs me. “We have a suspicious death, but we’re not going to rush finding anything out.” It makes me think was it suspicious as in health related and wasn’t being treated for a sickness? I don’t know what to think at all. If the kids are all back with their legal parents I think that it didn’t have to do with the parents, and I’ll tell you why I think this. If it was the parents they dss cps would not return the children unless they had proof they were not involved. This is jmo and how it is in my state tho so it’s probably different there.

Ugh this bugs me. “We have a suspicious death, but we’re not going to rush finding anything out.” It makes me think was it suspicious as in health related and wasn’t being treated for a sickness? I don’t know what to think at all. If the kids are all back with their legal parents I think that it didn’t have to do with the parents, and I’ll tell you why I think this. If it was the parents they dss cps would not return the children unless they had proof they were not involved. This is jmo and how it is in my state tho so it’s probably different there.
A 11-year-old doesn’t die just because. Something caused his death. I don’t know if he was sick, but he looked sick. Everyone else on that house looked well fed and healthy. This poor boy was very thin and pale.

In the very beginning, a picture of him in a Library or something like that, showed him with very obvious bruises.

Do we know for sure that the children were returned?

A 11-year-old doesn’t die just because. Something caused his death. I don’t know if he was sick, but he looked sick. Everyone else on that house looked well fed and healthy. This poor boy was very thin and pale.

In the very beginning, a picture of him in a Library or something like that, showed him with very obvious bruises.

Do we know for sure that the children were returned?

I thought it said the children were returned to their biological parents, i.e., not the people who were watching them in California? I don't have a link, I'm trying to remember the last article I read so it could be wrong!

Merry Christmas Roman! May the coming year bring the justice you deserve & peace for your mother!
Merry-Christmas-Animated-Image.gif

Are there any local news organizations that may be more equipped and better positioned than we are to get some kind of information or a statement from the police dept overseeing this case? It has been shockingly silent, and I would have hoped that his mom would have some answers by now.

This coming Monday it will be a year since this child was reported missing and then found deceased. There have been no answers as to what happened. We don’t even know how he died.

This coming Monday it will be a year since this child was reported missing and then found deceased. There have been no answers as to what happened. We don’t even know how he died.
I’d like to see PE pick up this case or Chris to be specific. I’d like to see him take a road trip to Placerville and do some investigative work on Roman’s behalf. Maybe light a little fire under, you know who. I just hate that there has been NO justice for that sweet child. I find it hard to believe LE don’t have a pretty good idea of what happened there.
MOO

Top 10 of 2020, No. 3: Young boy dead; investigation continues
By Thomas Frey

Roman Lopez

The circumstances of Roman Anthony Lopez’ death are still as murky and unknown as they were when the 11-year-old’s body was found Jan. 12.

Lopez went missing in Placerville Jan. 11. The next day Placerville Police Department officials announced they had found him — to clarify only a few hours later during a press conference that the boy was deceased, discovered purportedly near (though not confirmed) the home at 2892 Coloma St. where Roman lived with his father Jordan Piper, Piper’s wife and seven other children.

Officials confirmed Roman died under “suspicious” circumstances and an autopsy was performed though the results were never released.

Authorities also descended on the Coloma Street home, which for several days was roped off with yellow crime-scene tape. It was not confirmed that the “suspicious” death occurred on the premises where police and El Dorado County crime scene investigators were seen moving about; small yellow flags inside a pickup truck parked on the property likely indicate where crime scene investigators thought potential evidence exists.

Piper had custody of the boy while Roman’s mother Rochelle Lopez lived in Milwaukee, Wisc. When she heard about her son’s death, Rochelle hopped on an airplane with her mother and sister, flew to Sacramento and on Jan. 17 arrived Placerville. The Mountain Democrat reported at the time Rochelle hadn’t seen her son “for years” and was taking steps to to win back custody.

Top 10 of 2020, No. 3: Young boy dead; investigation continues

What information could the police department possibly need to provide for a pathology report to be completed? An autopsy and especially a pathology report are supposed to be objective scientific evaluations of physical evidence. If the body had been moved, cleaned or staged in any way and the family was not cooperating with the investigation (which, to me, circumstances suggest) there's no way the police could have that information anyway and the autopsy would simply reflect that lack of and/or conflicting presence of physical evidence. Maybe it was so obvious the location of the body was not related to the crime scene that police did not take the kind of photos the lab was expecting or something like that but to be that's not any reason to hold up the report.

Maybe everyone involved knows exactly what happened and it's going to be sealed from the public indefinitely. IMO.
In a case where the death was caused by another child way too young to be prosecuted and children's services worked out arrangements amenable to the state and all legal family members that is exactly what I would expect and a few months ago that's what I suspected too but these statements I'm reading from the medical examiners, the police and the biological mother make me wonder. It could just be the result of significant pressure being put on them by the public though.

Maybe everyone involved knows exactly what happened and it's going to be sealed from the public indefinitely. IMO.
I've mulled that over many times, but the news is full of cases where a juvenile family member killed a sibling? And if that's the case, LE would release a statement with no names or details and the case is closed to the public. We all move on.

I have to wonder if the investigation was compromised in some way. The resignation of the Chief of Police may just be a coincidence, but I have to give it consideration in light of how long this investigation has drug on. The still waiting for pathology reports has grown stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151