PA PA - Jilly Todaro, 45, Johnstown, 12 Dec 2020

CCJD

Reaction score
Johnstown Police performed a search of Jilly Todaro's home along the 500 block of Franklin Street on Wednesday afternoon in connection to her disappearance.

Todaro, 43, was last seen Dec. 13 in the area of her residence, which she shared with her boyfriend Brian Giles, 45.

"We have our suspects, we have our ideas," JPD Detective Sgt. Cory Adams said. "We're just trying to find the rest of the pieces."

Adams said something was discovered in the home but he wouldn't disclose what.
More at link:

Johnstown police continue search for missing city woman

Attachments

• Todaro, Jilly.JPG
    Todaro, Jilly.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 82
Woman with history with husband of slain Riddlesburg native now missing herself
By the Gazette staff Dec 19, 2020

JOHNSTOWN — A woman who has a history with the husband of a Riddlesburg woman who went missing in 2018 and whose body was located in 2019 is now missing herself, Johnstown Police Department reported.

The department said that Jilly Anne Todaro, 43, has not been seen since Sunday.
Police said Todaro was last seen on the 500 block of Franklin Street in the city’s Kernville neighborhood.

Nancy (Singer) Giles, 40, who was married to Brian Giles and lived with him in Johnstown, was reported missing in October 2018.

Her body was discovered in May 2019 near the James Wolfe Sculpture Trail along Roosevelt Boulevard in Johnstown.

The case remains open.

Meanwhile, online court documents show that Brian Giles was arrested in Cambria County Wednesday on simple assault and harassment charges stemming from a Dec. 11 incident.
He was arraigned and lodged in the Cambria County Prison in lieu of bail set at 10% of $10,000.
Woman with history with husband of slain Riddlesburg native now missing herself

Last edited by a moderator:
If I understand the article above, the person Jilly had a history with, and apparently lived with, was in jail when she went missing. Am I reading it correctly?

Where are the real investigative journalists when you need them? IMO, this sounds like a movie in the making. Brian Giles...geez. o_O:confused:

That's you, Ya Ya! Our investigative journalist.

All I know is I read on some site Jilly Todaro was missing. I come to WS and because I can't link I got help from awesome friends here.

THEN I go back online and see the Brian dude and his poor deceased wife. Jump back here and sure enough posters had a thread on Nancy Giles.

Phew. Crazy world. Great sleuthers.

Where is Jilly Todaro? Police look into ‘suspicious’ disappearance
12 Jan 2021

On the afternoon of Dec. 11, Jilly Todaro told Johnstown police that her boyfriend, Brian Giles, punched her in the face. Hours later Giles checked himself into Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, ignored a police directive and left the hospital to go into hiding.

Todaro has been missing ever since.

Detective Sgt. Cory Adams said that Johnstown police consider Todaro’s absence “suspicious.” They are trying to corroborate when the 43-year-old woman was last seen — either Dec. 12, 13 or 14 — and are asking for additional help in finding her.

“We have our ideas, we have our thoughts,” Adams said.

“Some things were found out that kind of made us uneasy.”

Todaro’s absence puts Giles again in the scope of a city police investigation: The murder of his wife, Nancy, remains unsolved as well.

#much more at link

Wow first his wife goes missing and is found deceased, now his girlfriend is missing :eek:
Comments were enlightening.
Right?? I hope they're taking a thorough look into his past relationships going back to his teens.

ETA - I don't think we can link to petition/change-type .org sites, but for those who are curious or who would like to support Jilly and Nancy's families, there is a petition in their names. It's comments are quite interesting, too. Search for Nancy Giles and Jilly Saintz Todaro.

Last edited:
That's you, Ya Ya! Our investigative journalist.

All I know is I read on some site Jilly Todaro was missing. I come to WS and because I can't link I got help from awesome friends here.

THEN I go back online and see the Brian dude and his poor deceased wife. Jump back here and sure enough posters had a thread on Nancy Giles.

Phew. Crazy world. Great sleuthers.
lol...yeah, @Filly. I'm no where near an investigator or journalist, but I'm enjoying my time learning how to sleuth for a very worthy cause. Ty! ITA, WS is a great group of awesome folks, like yourself, who come together to give of their time, talents, ideas, prayers and support for those who've lost their voice. I wouldn't want to hang out with any other group. ;)

Because of the recent simple assault and harassment charges filed against him Dec. 16, Giles is being held at the Cambria County Jail in lieu of a $10,000 bond.
His preliminary hearing has been rescheduled twice, and is currently set for Jan. 21.

Earlier this year, Giles had spent three months in Cambria County Jail for another incident with Todaro.
According to court records, Giles aggressively grabbed Todaro on Aug. 13 during an argument in which he accused her of cheating. He also threatened to rape her.
Giles pleaded no contest to terroristic threats and was ordered to undergo intensive probation, behavioral health assessment and anger management. On Nov. 12 he posted bail and was freed.

Police continue search for missing Johnstown woman

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WJAC) — A preliminary hearing scheduled today for a Johnstown man accused of harassment and assault against a Johnstown missing woman, was pushed back to next week.

According to a criminal complaint, Brian Giles was involved in a domestic altercation between himself and Johnstown woman, Jilly Todaro on December 11, 2020 at their home on the 500 block of Franklin Street. In the documents, police say Todaro told them Giles punched her in the face and neck. Giles was later charged with harassment and simple assault. Thursday was supposed to be his preliminary hearing, but it was moved to a later date.

“However, it was continued because the defense wanted to get a court reporter for the hearing but also wanted to have the defendant present. He was scheduled via video today however because of the seriousness of the charges, they wanted to have him present, so it’s been continued,” said Cambria County assistant district attorney, Beth Bolton Penna.
Johnstown man's preliminary hearing continued, assault charges against missing woman

What did this man do to Jilly?:mad:

So, her last confirmed sighting was a police officer. I wonder if the PO observed Jilly from afar or they had some sort of interaction? Does the surveillance video show Jilly alone? I'll ask a mod for a title change to show the 12 Dec 2021 missing date.

Police continue search for missing woman; suspect’s case postponed

By Patrick Buchnowski [URL='https://www.tribdem.com/users/profile/Patrick%20Buchnowski']pbuchnowski@tribdem.com [/URL]
Jan 22, 2021

City police charged Giles, of the 500 block of Franklin Street, with simple assault and harassment in connection with the Dec. 11 assault on his girlfriend Jilly Todaro, 43. Todaro went missing a day later.

The last time we can confirm any sighting was downtown on Dec. 12 via surveillance footage,” police Detective Cory Adams said.

A city police officer was one of the last people to see her, he said.

“You don’t need to say anything to me. I told you what I know, now leave me alone,” said Giles. “I told you what I know. Go bother somebody else about it. I was in jail when she went missing. And she’s not missing she’s at her uncle’s house,” he added.

Giles also told 6 News he has not seen Todaro since December 11, 2020 when they were in a domestic altercation.

'She was alive when I left': Johnstown man facing domestic charges against missing woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back