TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This AT&T office, is it simply office space or does it contain important infrastructure? I know systems have been disrupted but is that related to the AT&T building?

Could be a disgruntled employee as Inobu mentioned or could be an intentional attack to disrupt services.

Its a Central Office which is a major hub for an area or region. This is what I mean. The average person will walk past it and never
ponder what it is or does. Only people who are familiar with communication knows its existence.

The timing and location of the event seems to target the facility not people.

I thought the shots were recorded? Could these have been used to draw LE in?

WKRN just stated on their live broadcast the Police Chief told them he thinks the shots were real.

Not all the shots sounded the same volume/type. I'm no expert so I'd like an experts analysis of the whole shooting series and what they hear.

WKRN just stated on their live broadcast the Police Chief told them he thinks the shots were real.

Not all the shots sounded the same volume/type. I'm no expert so I'd like an experts analysis of the whole shooting series and what they hear.

iv only seen the one youtube video of what looks like a webcam or security camera, and it plays for a bit and then it gets knocked out by the pressure wave from the explosion, maybe a more full recording will emerge with time

WKRN just stated on their live broadcast the Police Chief said he thinks the shots were real.

A shotgun would be louder than a smaller caliber gun. I would think with these concrete/brick buildings all around, the sound would have been amplified.

iv only seen the one youtube video of what looks like a webcam or security camera, and it plays for a bit and then it gets knocked out by the pressure wave from the explosion, maybe a more full recording will emerge with time

WKRN had a condensed version of the gunshot volleys audio on their live broadcast. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is access to the back of that particular building, if that was being targeted. If so, why not set the bomb off there, rather than destroy an entire street. I guess the back is secure... and maybe the perps wanted lots of attention.
As for disrupting services, mayor said the internet is back up, as well as 911, other than in a few areas.
Was this a trial run for something else?
Was this explosion much more powerful than anticipated by the perps?
The recording is bizarre. Using a female voice also, even though I expect it's computerized.... and that music...

Just out of curiosity, does the Tweeted picture of the RV give any clues about the make/model? To my eyes, it looks like an older Class C. I'm not very knowledgeable about specific RV brands. The oval-ish dot at the center of the hood looks like it could be a Ford logo, but I'm not certain.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, does the Tweeted picture of the RV give any clues about the make/model? To my eyes, it looks like an older Class C with what reminds me of a Ford insignia on the center hood, but I'm not very knowledgable of specific RV brands.

i see the ford badge as well on the still frame, so you are right then, i can't help with models as they are so different in the states compared to here in Australia

i see one person in the drivers seat with a circle style balaclava

Was this explosion much more powerful than anticipated by the perps?

will be interesting when the chemists can tell us what the explosive was, it might help tell part of the story to this, due to availability etc

It could be disgruntled employee but this is a huge bomb that required a ton of time to make. If they were disgruntled, they were disgruntled a long time ago.
Anybody with an agenda, political or otherwise, it seems like they should have claimed it by now. What’s the point of having a cause if nobody knows what it is. Although the destroying communication infrastructure is an interesting thought. I thought of the Unabomber when someone brought that up.
Layoff occurs months in advance and the last day or effective date is at the end of the year. Based on the very points you allude to it
points to a Corporate attack. No political or agenda claim seems to point to a personal vendetta.

AT&T office tower was a block away, they targeted the central office instead. This shut down the Airport communication for a while.

RV's are easier to trace as their numbers are low and manufacture specific.

If you really look at the scenario. Someone is either going to say

1. "That's my RV and it was stolen"
2. "That's my RV and I just sold it to ...."
3. The owner of the RV is not alive to claim it.

1. "That's my RV and it was stolen"
2. "That's my RV and I just sold it to ...."
3. The owner of the RV is not alive to claim it.

they also sit for long periods unused, someone might be away and not know its gone

it may have even sat in a field or barn for a decade or two

may not even be from TN/Nashville could have come from a place like Florida where there are lots of RV's

but i hope its one of your 3 scenarios because it means tracking down what happened will be quicker

i see the ford badge as well on the still frame, so you are right then, i can't help with models as they are so different in the states compared to here in Australia

i see one person in the drivers seat with a circle style balaclava

will be interesting when the chemists can tell us what the explosive was, it might help tell part of the story to this, due to availability etc

[comment redacted-- I'm not sure what I'm seeing in the photo].

And yes, the type of explosive will probably give clues to the investigators.

Last edited:
Interesting! I do see what looks like a balaclava or mask on the driver's side now

hmm i think i am wrong on that one sorry, i saw the blown up version on the link above and it looks like a bald man maybe with a beard and not a mask

again sorry to lead you down the wrong path on that, these images are badly degraded or pixelated

hmm i think i am wrong on that one sorry, i saw the blown up version on the link above and it looks like a bald man maybe with a beard and not a mask

again sorry to lead you down the wrong path on that, these images are badly degraded or pixelated

No worries! It's hard to say what's going on with pixelated photos like this.

No worries! It's hard to say what's going on with pixelated photos like this.

hopefully the FBI is involved which i think i read they are, they have an area of the FBI that deals with video and photos to help reduce noise and clean up the video/images to help reveal details, so hopefully they are working on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak