Found Deceased TX - Blake McCoy, 26, Sherman, 18 Dec 2020 *Endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a report on the Bring Blake Home FB page that he has been found deceased-very sad news!

Missing Sherman man found dead

This is so sad. This young man appeared to have so much going for him and a bright future. So sad for his loved ones including his twin sister.

Hoping that his phone records will provide the key here.

Rip Blake

There is a report on the Bring Blake Home FB page that he has been found deceased-very sad news!

Missing Sherman man found dead
Oh no! Why?!!! :( :( :(

Sherman Police investigate death of missing man (heralddemocrat.com)
[...]

"Due to this being an ongoing and active investigation, no additional details are being released at this time," Sherman Police Sgt. Mullen said via email.

Police are treating the death as "the result of a criminal act, and this case is now being investigated as a murder."

[...]

RIP Blake, just from the posts he seemed like such a wonderful man. I wonder what he was doing in Dallas (if he was with his car) or what drew him out?
Such heartbreak at this time of year :(
Hoping that investigators are able to uncover those texts and that they are helpful in identifying the monster who took Blake away from his family.

I don't think he went to Dallas though, as his body was found east of Sherman in Fannin County. His car was found in South Dallas which is an hour due south of Sherman. MOO

Hoping that investigators are able to uncover those texts and that they are helpful in identifying the monster who took Blake away from his family.

I don't think he went to Dallas though, as his body was found east of Sherman in Fannin County. His car was found in South Dallas which is an hour due south of Sherman. MOO

oops! Overlooked that!
Still curious where he may have been headed / texted to meet up with / what he was doing - and how his car got where it did in comparison to his resting place. Fingers crossed we can get info on those messages like you said.

There has been an arrest in this case. Charged with capital murder.

I don’t think anyone who knows Blake knows this guy.

Arrest made in murder of Sherman man
That's good news. According to jail records, he was just released from there in September. See BBM below.

https://judicialsearch.co.grayson.tx.us:8443/JailingSearch.aspx?ID=400
JailingID=274114
2010-0752
HOWARD, RODERICK TAD
Booked 03/03/2010 Released 03/05/2010
United States Marshal Service
LAMAR CO/ BURGLARY OF HABITATION
LAMAR CO/CT1 BURGLARY OF HABITATION
LAMAR CO/CT2 BURGLARY OF HABITATION
PAROLE VIOLATOR

2020-1784
HOWARD, RODERICK TAD
Booked 06/17/2020 Released 09/11/2020
Grayson County Sheriff's Office
PAROLE VIOLATOR
Sherman Police Department
FAILURE TO IDENTIFY GIVING FALSE/FICTITIOUS INFO
SEXUAL ASSAULT

2020-3286
HOWARD, RODERICK TAD
Booked 12/28/2020
Capital Murder - $500,000 surety bond
PAROLE VIOLATOR

Another article:

Sherman police announce arrest in murder case - (kten.com)
After obtaining a capital murder warrant, officers located Roderick Tad Howard in the 2200 block of Texoma Parkway on Monday afternoon.

Howard, 30, was booked on charges of capital murder and multiple outstanding warrants.

I believe there will be other arrests and that this sweet young man was lured to his death for the purposes of robbery.
You are so right!

DEC 29, 2020
Sherman PD arrest men for capital murder in Blake McCoy death
Sherman police announced two arrests have been made in relation to the disappearance and death of Blake McCoy.

On Monday, Roderick Tad Howard, 30, was arrested and on Tuesday, a warrant was served at Grayson County Jail for Kevin Lynn Lavine Shilling, 25. Shilling was already incarcerated for previously issued warrants.

The murder warrant issued against both suspects are for capital murder.

Here's what I found in Grayson Co. arrest records for Shilling. He was arrested on the same date that Blake was found.

https://judicialsearch.co.grayson.tx.us:8443/JailingDetail.aspx?JailingID=274091

2017-0063
SHILLING, KEVIN LYNNE LAVINE
Booked 01/06/2017 Released 01/06/2017
Grayson County Sheriff's Office
BURGLARY OF BUILDING
THEFT OF FIREARM

2017-5396
Booked 12/18/2017 Released 02/13/2018
COUNT 1 -MTA-THEFT OF FIREARM
COUNT 2 -MTA- BURGLARY OF BUILDING

2018-3918
Booked 09/13/2018 Released 11/30/2018
MTA/COUNT 1 THEFT OF FIREARM
MTA/COUNT 2 BURGLARY OF BUILDING

2020-3263
Booked 12/24/2020
TEXAS RANGER
CAPITAL MURDER BY TERROR THREAT/OTHER FELONY
TAMP/FAB PHYS EVID W/INTENT TO IMPAIR HUM CORPSE $850,000 surety bond
UNAUTH USE OF VEHICLE $150,000 surety bond
Sherman Police Department
BONHAM PD/EXPIRED REGISTRATION
BONHAM PD/FAILURE TO APPEAR
BONHAM PD/NO DRIVER'S LICENSE (WHEN UNLICENSED)
BONHAM PD/NO LIABILITY INSURA

What a senseless tragedy smdh

My heartfelt condolences sent to Blake's family and friends but most definitely I send my love to his twin sister Blair McCoy.

Why? I'll never wrap my head around the fact that thugs like these 2 continue to breath our air while angels amongst us are killed.

Rest peacefully young man. You were loved.

What a senseless tragedy smdh

My heartfelt condolences sent to Blake's family and friends but most definitely I send my love to his twin sister Blair McCoy.

Why? I'll never wrap my head around the fact that thugs like these 2 continue to breath our air while angels amongst us are killed.

Rest peacefully young man. You were loved.

It’s a waste that makes me despair. Predators can smell the sweetness and trust from miles away. And they hone in, with evil determination. It's awful.

30 years ago I was a victim of an aggrevated robbery at work one night. I was a 21 year old who was aware of the danger that was possible but I let my guard down and wasn't paying attention. My sense of situational awareness stays on uber high alert and has every sense then. It frightens me to read posts on social media from women who describe how a man follows them around Walmart or the mall. Or creepers standing around their cars in parking lots etc. They say that's why they only go shopping when their husbands are with them.

I encourage anyone when I get a chance to learn how to alert attention to the situation and protect themselves. Heaven forbid they find their lives suddenly altered by divorce or widows because they have depended too much on others.

So many people have no idea what that fight or flight internal instinct feels like. When one is not prepared to fight they are going to be defenseless and evil monsters count on that. They seek those types out specifically I warn others. They often lack self confidence and reply to my advice with excuses on their petite size, weight and height. You are stronger than you give your self credit for. Quit underestimating yourself or you will be hurt people. I can't scream it loud enough.
I'm in no way, shape or form implying that this is the circumstances surrounding the murder of Blake. We don't know what happened or how he came to be in the company of the ruthless trash that are responsible for his death. It is happening too much to younger college aged men and women. Help me spread the word and talk to our younger generation about being aware of their surroundings. It may save the lives of yours and mine families. MOO

DEC 30, 2020
Friends and family honor life of Blake McCoy - (kten.com)
Friends and family members gathered at the Grayson County Courthouse Wednesday evening for a candlelight vigil honoring the life of 26-year-old Blake McCoy.

[...]

In attendance at the vigil was Blake McCoy's twin sister, Blair. They were inseparable; from roommates to matching tattoos, they did everything together.

"We could never stay mad at each other; he's literally my best friend," Blair said. "It's hard with him not being here."

[...]

"His mama needed something? He was there. His sisters, his cousins, whoever... he was there," said childhood friend MH, adding that Blake was like a brother to her.

"Justice does need to be served," MH said. "But I think having him home and having a place to go see him is what people need to."

[...]

20212030_G.jpg

JAN 30, 2021
Fundraiser held for funeral of Sherman man murdered in December (kxii.com)
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2772 in Sherman hosted a fundraiser to help pay for the funeral expenses of Blake McCoy, 26, who went missing and was found dead in December.

McCoy’s mother, VM, said her son’s death was so sudden and their family was not financially prepared for his funeral service.

VM has been a volunteer at the VFW for years and through a day of fun and remembrance for her son they wanted to pay her back and raise as much money as they can her time of need.

“It’s still not real to me. It really isnt’. It hasn’t really sunk in,” VM said. “A lot of mornings I wake up and expect him to give me a call and I just have to wake up from that and to realize that I won’t be hearing his voice again.”

[...]

... All the proceeds are going to the family to help pay for McCoy’s funeral service which was held Jan. 16.

“That was my son, my only son. And I will miss him, but he’s always here with me,” McCoy said.

[...]

MAR 18, 2021
2 Sherman men indicted for Blake McCoy murder; other indictments (heralddemocrat.com)
[...]

Both Shiling and Howard face charges of capital murder, murder and aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. Howard also faces charges of rape, robbery, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Two indicted for capital murder in Sherman man’s death (kxii.com)
Both suspects are being held in the Grayson County Jail as they await their next court appearance.

Why did this happen?! And Rodrick raped Blake? Jesus... I am praying for Blake's family. This would be so hard to accept.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back