TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that a ford model, or does the badge look similar to a ford one? like in the picture still that was released?
From my understanding, the ‘98 fourwinds chateau model has a base of some type of ford truck, so therefore the badge would be a ford, but the rv is a fourwinds, made my thor motors. MOO

I don't think this is a one time deal. I think we should expect more in other states. The next one might not be an rv. Maybe a Uhaul or something maybe even a van. That is also a way to show these people are everywhere.
If not from the same group, copycats are likely with the national attention this is getting IMO. MOO

Listening to the Audio from the RV, if you listen carefully, there are different inflections in the voice, while she's repeating mostly the same thing, the voice starts changing toward the final blast. Leading me to believe a woman was actually in the RV simply talking into a bullhorn before blowing herself up.

This is a stretch of course. I thought this earlier, now that they are saying that they found human remains, i'm starting to think it more.
recordings that are looping over and over don't sound like that audio recording.

Also a lot of mentions of a 15 min countdown, and then nothing happened, and then 15 mins later it blew up.

The messaging from the RV kept changing. which is not consistent with a broken record player effect.

Listening to the Audio from the RV, if you listen carefully, there are different inflections in the voice, while she's repeating mostly the same thing, the voice starts changing toward the final blast. Leading me to believe a woman was actually in the RV simply talking into a bullhorn before blowing herself up.

wow you really think so? that would be shocking but it sounded like a computerized voice

Why would the perps announce it in advance? Prank-style incident to create hysteria for attention?

Potentially to draw someone in out of curiosity? If it was announced over an intercom like the article says, maybe someone hoped it would cause people to walk closer and ask "did I hear that right? Did that just say there is a bomb?"

The report of "human remains" brings up the question of a disposable member of the group, or a victim being disposed of in the blast.

If, for example, a member of a team is the man who rents the truck, or is the face of all the purchases necessary for the bomb making materials, that man becomes a liability to the group. It is possible they needed to dispose of the man. In that he is killed, and his body is in the truck when it goes off and is then discovered having been thrown from the truck by the blast.

Some people are recruited and used. It depends upon the group. How their internal code of conduct works, and if there is internal loyalty. Not all insurgents have the same group-internal loyalty behaviors.

Or, it is possible the vehicle owner was killed for the vehicle and simply left with the stolen vehicle to be discovered when the explosives goes off.

Both options create a potential dead-end for law enforcement investigations, or at least make investigations potentially more difficult.

IMO it’s some one who didn’t want to hurt people including his/her family which is why he/she covered their face when arriving. I would hazard it’s their body parts, suicide bomb that they didn’t want to hurt any one else but wanted to take down “the network” that they blame for their current situation. They are local and know about the building.

As far as explosive my first guess is sodium nitrate although I’m not sure how readily available that is any more, maybe with an inside source. My neighbors seem to have unlimited supply of tanterite (sp). Seems a gunshot and some flammable tanks around it would be easy homemade bomb (IMO),

I’m feeling isolated local “terrorist” that didn’t want to hurt other people. JMO, IMOO, etc..

Eta: I can’t remember if it’s nitrate or nitrite at this point that makes the good explosive and internet isn’t cooperating.
wow you really think so? that would be shocking but it sounded like a computerized voice

I may be mistaken since I was reading here when it was on but I thought an expert told CNN that this didn’t have the smell/headache/smoke signs of a nitrate based explosive. I’ll have to see if I can find that.

In reference to the female voice on the recording, I think it sounds computer driven too. It sounds like the voice I hear when I check my bank balance by phone.

I know there are components of this that make it feel like a sophisticated, or at the very least a thoughtfully planned out operation, but IMO I think this is a lone Wolf operator. An ideologue. Just not sure what specific ideology. Destroying infrastructure or sending a message about it in some form? MOO.

I may be mistaken since I was reading here when it was on but I thought an expert told CNN that this didn’t have the smell/headache/smoke signs of a nitrate based explosive. I’ll have to see if I can find that.

In reference to the female voice on the recording, I think it sounds computer driven too. It sounds like the voice I hear when I check my bank balance by phone.
If it is a real, live voice it could still be disguised and transmitted as a robotic inflection using a device.

Bomb expert breaks down evidence at blast site - CNN Video

This is a stretch of course. I thought this earlier, now that they are saying that they found human remains, i'm starting to think it more.
recordings that are looping over and over don't sound like that audio recording.

Also a lot of mentions of a 15 min countdown, and then nothing happened, and then 15 mins later it blew up.

The messaging from the RV kept changing. which is not consistent with a broken record player effect.

The voice sounds digital but not consistent. Interesting.

Hi, everyone and hope y0u all had a very Merry Christmas. Just a note, our land line phone has been out of service all day, in South Florida. We can receive incoming calls, but cannot make outgoing calls. I just called now at approximately 11:00 P.M. EST, and the phone company told me it was due to the explosion in Tennessee. I can hardly believe this, but said, okay will skip til tomorrow. I told my husband (not that I think COVID is a laughing matter), but tomorrow I won't be surprised if they blame it on COVID. MOO. Katt

This is really interesting...a former FBI bomb expert speaking regarding clues of the bomb....smell, color of smoke, sound etc.
Nashville explosion: Posible human remains found near site of blast, police chief says - CNN
see video...Bomb expert

Thanks for sharing the link, @whitelilac. His point about the explosion being between two tall buildings makes me think that whoever did this had a sophisticated understanding of bomb-making. I'll refrain from speculating about suspects for now since I don't really know anything more than that, but that does cast the event in a particular light.

I agree that it's most likely computerized. The voice sounds controlled to me with evenly-spaced pauses between words, like one of those airport speakers that says "caution -- the moving walkway is ending." Most people do not sound that polished on loudpseakers. There is some vocal inflection, but that could be text-to-speech software -- it's gotten dramatically more lifelike in the last decade.

Last edited:
Or a practice run for taking down communication systems, which could be the goal rather than loss of life.

It definitely has a dark undertone to it.

Potentially to draw someone in out of curiosity? If it was announced over an intercom like the article says, maybe someone hoped it would cause people to walk closer and ask "did I hear that right? Did that just say there is a bomb?"

Maybe a dramatic suicide? Tragic, no matter what.

Yes, all possible speculations. Disturbing...

But why have it go off at 6:30am on Christmas morning? If they wanted to blow people up they would have picked a busy time.

A statement suicide, hitting a specific area building for some reason but wanting to minimize the chance of wounding or killing anyone, test/practice of some sort, and an elaborate distraction or coverup come to mind as possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07