UK UK - Alexander Sloley, 16, Enfield, London, 2 Aug 2008

May I ask why? Apart from the fact they were both bright students who disappeared in London a year apart, I see no tangible connection.
If it could be established that Andrew and Alex attended the same summer school, now that would be interesting!

I feel as though they fit a very similar type a predator may be interested in targeting. Although the two boys were significantly different in height as well of being different races, they both wore glasses and were similar in age. Furthermore, King's Cross is not that far away from Enfield, as shown here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 16.26.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 16.26.55.png
    935.2 KB · Views: 11
I feel as though they fit a very similar type a predator may be interested in targeting. Although the two boys were significantly different in height as well of being different races, they both wore glasses and were similar in age. Furthermore, King's Cross is not that far away from Enfield, as shown here.

Only in the sense that nowhere in London is that far away from other places in London. As the crow flies distances in and around the south east I think gives a false impression on how similar they might be. Kings Cross is a major transport hub for arriving in London, particularly for travel within the UK. Enfield is a London Borough with its own distinct culture and feel. Within the space of a few minutes' travel within the Greater London area you will encounter vast differences in socio economic strata and culture. Places exist cheek by jowl in a way that is difficult to imagine elsewhere. Thus, parts of Enfield are very well off, other parts have high deprivation, there are leafy bits and inner city bits. I also feel that the circumstances surrounding the two boys' disappearances are really at odds.

_108800338_glasses.jpg
IMAGE SOURCE,MET POLICE
Image caption,
At the time of his disappearance, Alexander was described as 5ft 5in tall with striking blue eyes
"He was quite a slick dresser, my son, he wasn't scruffy."

Missing Alex Sloley: New e-fit issued after 2008 disappearance - BBC News
_108796764_as.jpg
IMAGE SOURCE,MET POLICE
Image caption,
A new e-fit shows what Alexander Sloley may look like at aged 27

''Alexander Sloley, from Islington, had little money, no wallet and no extra clothes with him when he disappeared aged 16.

At the time, he was described as a 5ft 5in (165cm) tall, light-skinned black youth with "striking blue eyes".

Two men have been arrested for child *advertiser censored* and human trafficking in connection with the dissapearence of Andrew Gosden a young lad that went missing a year before Alex in London. Could this ground-breaking information be also connected to Alex?

Good point. Thanks for sharing.

A decade on, mum’s plea to find missing AlexIslington Tribune
Alexander-Sloley.jpg

Left: Alexander Sloley when he disappeared; right: the e-fit image of what he may now look like

September 2019 — By Emily Finch
rbbm.
A decade on, mum’s plea to find missing AlexIslington Tribune
''Alexander Sloley, nicknamed “Gog” because of his glasses, grew up off Hornsey Road and was about to start his accountancy course at City and Islington College when he went missing on his way home from Edmonton back in July 2008.

He was just a few days shy of turning 17 years old.''

''Alex is boisterous, protective, he’s got a caring and soft heart and is loyal. He liked football, liked dressing immaculately and looking and smelling good. He liked traditional West Indian food like fried plantain, dumplings, porridge,” said Ms Tivy.''

''He said he will now be re-interviewing those who were closest to Alex in a bid to get new leads and “build a better picture”.

''Alex had “come to the attention” of the police before he went missing on July 11 2008 but DC Boon said there “was nothing to suggest this was linked to his disappearance”.

''He is described as a light-skinned black male, with blue eyes and was 5ft 5ins tall at the time of disappearance.

Anyone with information should call the Central North Command Missing Person Unit on 07881 330963 or Missing People on 116000.''

I always feel so sad this case gets barely any recognition it is such a mystery with many potential things to have happened. This case is realistically now as dead as stone I feel so bad for his mother as I bet her pain is so unimaginable how little care and attention there is. I wish she kept the case alive better

I agree, except your last sentence, because it must feel horrific to keep trying and see no progress, and I think it was/ is law enforcement's job to investigate and keep their missing person's cases alive.

They could make posts on their social media pages, contact media, etc. much more easily and less painfully than the suffering families.

May 26 2022

COLLABORATING WITH CREATIVE AGENCIES

‘Leah, Alexander, and Finn are only a small fraction of those reported missing – 70,000 children go missing every year. Unfortunately, their families are still no closer to having the answers they so desperately need. This is where you can get involved’, the charity writes. As of the release of the new posters, video appeals of Leah Croucher, Alexander Sloley, and Finn Layland-Stratfield are featured on donated Ocean Outdoor for the campaign. The aim for a more action-oriented campaign is driven by Creative Engine’s work plus its collaboration with visual effects company Untold Studios to increase the quality of the photos, and AI experts D-ID to bring the still photographs and the missing people to life (the images of the missing people are animated, thanks to this technology and approach).

animated billboards of missing people in the UK hope for a faster search

March 7 2023
1678196773055.png

''Missing black and Asian people less likely to be found by police, report finds​

Lower proportion of cases are solved in comparison with incidents involving white people, charity research suggests''

:( What a horrible thing to say to a worried mother. And unprofessional, and a bunch of other things...
That person should have been fired. I know they can't be all sweet and sensitive when taking emergency calls but you'd at least expect them to do their job. That person is getting personal and trying to start an argument.

One call handler told his family: “If you can’t find your son, how do you expect us to?” which the Metropolitan police accepted was insensitive.

None of the three officers and three staff responsible faced disciplinary proceedings.

eta for clarity: This was the response to the family of Richard Okorogheye, not Alexander's family.

Last edited:
I had not come across this case despite living near London and I have no view on what has happened. However I notice a few comments that him choosing to disappear is unlikely due to the difficulties in doing so. I am less sure of this as the Ruth Wilson case from Dorking (near London) in 1995 suggests it is possible. A 16 year old girl who clearly did plan her disappearance and has never been traced (although the outcome of her plan is a mystery).

I had not come across this case despite living near London and I have no view on what has happened. However I notice a few comments that him choosing to disappear is unlikely due to the difficulties in doing so. I am less sure of this as the Ruth Wilson case from Dorking (near London) in 1995 suggests it is possible. A 16 year old girl who clearly did plan her disappearance and has never been traced (although the outcome of her plan is a mystery).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back