TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those preliminary gunshots and the fact that shells were found, and the delay in the countdown has made me wonder if the shooter/perp was inside the van.
Yes. Very Possible. Suicide? Possible. What statement is being made here? I doubt it is because of bad service from AT&T. Why shoot to attract the Police? Or was it to attract the Press as well? I'm sure they have video of the time the RV was parked to when it exploded. So if suspects exited the RV, they would have been seen on video. Or was it parked to where a suspect could park and flee without detection?

Yes. Very Possible. Suicide? Possible. What statement is being made here? I doubt it is because of bad service from AT&T. Why shoot to attract the Police? Or was it to attract the Press as well? I'm sure they have video of the time the RV was parked to when it exploded. So if suspects exited the RV, they would have been seen on video. Or was it parked to where a suspect could park and flee without detection?
I think the shots were to wake people up. Several witnesses did say they heard shots and got up, before hearing the recording. And, yes, to attract the cops too I guess.
IF a perp got out of the vehicle, and was recorded on video, no doubt he/she would be unrecognizable I'd think....hoodie, mask, no clear features in clothing etc.

I think the shots were to wake people up. Several witnesses did say they heard shots and got up, before hearing the recording. And, yes, to attract the cops too I guess.
IF a perp got out of the vehicle, and was recorded on video, no doubt he/she would be unrecognizable I'd think....hoodie, mask, no clear features in clothing etc.
Good chance the shots were to gain entrance to the facility. It has 2 garage doors so the shots could have been to breech the doors.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
That just ruined my morning. I was jubilant that no one had been killed. I hope he finds his cat alive.
Yes me too....I read that the curfew will end tomorrow Sunday. Hopefully the cat is hiding inside its familiar spaces.
I had a fire in my duplex many years ago...I wasn't home. I was not allowed to enter the building for safety reasons. When I did eventually, I found my cat safe and hiding in an unaffected area.

YES, this!
I really think the multiple groups of shots was to wake people up so they could hear the recording and evacuate.

I do not think that first responders were the target either as the vehicle would have exploded before the countdown was up.

I still think this was a test for something else down the road.

All moo!

Last edited by a moderator:
McVeigh did it.

Keep in mind that ag chemical regulations changed after McVeigh's terrorist attack.

Apparently accumulating the amount of ag chemical that McVeigh used would be difficult today.

Even if you operate several farms & drive by the ag chem dealer's home while working those farms.

Still wanna know how the RV was obtained & the back story here! The hospital systems loosing Internet access is a serious problem today.

jmho ymmv lrr

Keep in mind that ag chemical regulations changed after McVeigh's terrorist attack.

Apparently accumulating the amount of ag chemical that McVeigh used would be difficult today.

Even if you operate several farms & drive by the ag chem dealer's home while working those farms.

Still wanna know how the RV was obtained & the back story here! The hospital systems loosing Internet access is a serious problem today.

jmho ymmv lrr
According to the former FBI bomb expert, the explosives in this bombing were not the same as those in the Oklahoma City one anyway....
Bomb expert breaks down evidence at blast site - CNN Video

I wonder if it was a suicide but not sure why so dramatic. Maybe Christmas was a miserable holiday for him. Just weird speculation. Doesn't seem like whomever wanted to hurt anyone despite the fact that it could have.
I also think suicide is a viable theory. Maybe the perpetrator had a dream to be somebody, even if it was posthumously and through infamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288