TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel awful for his mother, being subject to the plague of Daily Mail paparazzi.

This bit, also mentioned in the Sun article in more confusing wording, about a phone number belonging to the person he quitclaimed his propery to being pinned to the door is very strange and if public records weren't enough to ensure that she'd be shoved into the spotlight, that certainly would do it.
Perhaps even worse is the photo of the quitclaim deed that lists her apartment address.

I enlarged the photo and it appears he has something hanging around his neck - reminds me of those old arrest "mugshot" placards with numbers - which obviously it is NOT.
I bought DH something like that to hold his reading glasses. He only has to reach down to put them on and take them off because they're hanging around his neck. And he doesn't lose them anymore.

Last edited:
My thoughts are again on that sparkly new Nashville Yards that's on hold very close by, and now they have to rebuild what was already their big revenue nightlife, and entertainment.site?

Maybe he wanted to "help" or maybe "bust stones"?

Also I've wondered.....this guy comes from this area his whole life. How long have all the neighbors lived there? How were all the new futuristic projects going to effect those homes? Some people do not like gentrification. Corporations taking over where they "come from".

Nashville resident here. Nashville Yards is on the other side of downtown. People, to the extent they're aware of it, don't care much either way; was a very warehouse-y, nondescript area before.

2nd Avenue (in the area that was bombed) is nowhere near as heavily trafficked as Lower Broadway/Bridgestone Arena/Ryman Auditorium/Music City Center area.

Lastly, this guy has been an Antioch, TN resident since the 70s. Antioch's about 14-15 miles away from downtown Nashville. New construction wouldn't have affected his life in the slightest.

I enlarged the photo and it appears he has something hanging around his neck - reminds me of those old arrest "mugshot" placards with numbers - which obviously it is NOT.
I think it’s his glasses. I looks to me like an employee badge photo and the thing around his neck is a nylon cord holding his glasses.

I hope @PingTheRouter is still around... I wanna know more about pressure waves that often appear before explosions. I guess that sort of thing can only been seen from a distance??

sorry we had the JBR show for websleuths going for like 2 hours, its not that they often appear, they are caused from the explosion itself

but this should explain at least some of it, the easiest way i can explain it is this, you know a fighter jet and it breaks the speed of sound right, but you see the jet before you hear and feel the the sonic boom, its similar for a explosion

the other thing is, when an explosion goes off it shoots out in front of the fire ball a wave, its almost invisible, that would be the thud you'd feel from the explosion and then you'd hear the blast, its basically escaping gases from the explosion

anyways i am probably explaining this really badly today but i am in immense amounts of pain right now, i'll come back a bit later and explain properly

but basically there is 2 things, Blast Wave and Shock Wave

Shock wave - Wikipedia

Blast wave - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I think this is going to turn out to be a simple but sad story once all the facts are in. Seems to me that AQW likely got a cancer diagnosis a couple of months ago. As an independent contractor his health insurance may not have been great so his financial ability to fight it may have been limited. And having apparently helped his brother in a cancer fight recently he may well have seen to difficulties and futility of it.

So he tries to make a few last acts to make his life mean something - he gives a house to his (presumed) daughter, puts his affairs in order, then makes a strike against a megacorp he has issues with (for various possible reasons). Not that I condone what he did at all but it does not seem like this is going to be overly complicated.

I'm also wondering if the old girlfriend he reportedly confided in is MS's mother.

I can't help but wonder if his life would have been much different were it not for the drug conviction when he was 20. We don't know the details but I suspect it was for marijuana possession given the sentence but that felony would have impacted his employment prospects for a long time. It would also explain why he never voted. I doubt that someone who was not allowed to vote would have much interest in politics.

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for a guy that blows up an RV in a downtown area. But in my sleuthing today I have uncovered a whole lot of sadness around AQW.

People who live their life alone are sometimes classed as loners when in reality they are just lonely. The famous quote of Thoreau comes to mind "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation". If you feel like your life is an afterthought perhaps the only way to make a lasting impression is to make a statement you could never do in life.

And also sometimes they are simply introverts who prefer solitude to social interaction.

Time will tell what Warner was.

I'm an introvert myself and while I often prefer solitude, I also have had periods of time where I've felt very lonely. Just from my perspective, if I ever (heaven forbid) wanted to off myself, I would do so in a way that caused the least inconvenience/trauma to others. I wouldn't want to go out in any type of public way. If he truly is an introvert (and not socially awkward or just "weird"), then I think he must have had a personal beef with AT&T and/or people who worked there. Or, believed in one of the conspiracy theories like 5G. I just don't see someone who's quiet, introverted, and loves his pets ending his life that way. But, maybe I'm projecting.

However, if he's more egotistical and socially awkward - aka wants recognition - then I could see him going out with a bang.

As for the basement idea, from images I've seen of the police raiding the house, it looks like you walk up the stairs to the front door and then there's a walk-out basement on the left-hand side. Maybe that's what he's referring to?

Shazam, and a huge thanks. My point from getting. Started thinking I became some conspiracy goon.

So. So sorry for Nashville. So proud of the police. I didn't want to be right, honestly.

Always my Philly roots come out, and we've had this. NOT THIS, but we've had New Yorkers pull crap up in here, and folks do NOT wanna hear their $#&@!!!!!

From the minute I double checked I knew this culprit was transferring "stuff" for profit or else big time p#ss##.

the other thing is, when an explosion goes off it shoots out in front of the fire ball a wave, its almost invisible, that would be the thud you'd feel from the explosion and then you'd hear the blast

anyways i am probably explaining this really badly today but i am in immense amounts of pain right now, i'll come back a bit later and explain properly

Shock wave - Wikipedia
Blast wave - Wikipedia

I could be mistaken but I'm fairly certain that it takes high explosives to create both shock waves and blast waves. (I'm not an expert but I think the distinction between high explosives and low explosives is defined by whether they produce supersonic expansion and hence shock/blast waves.)

Most high explosives would be hard (but not impossible) to obtain for an ordinary person. An exception would be ANFO (think Oklahoma City) and possibly a few others. The reporting that AQW had explosives licensing or training appears to be incorrect although it is repeated in a great many otherwise credible MSM sources. A resourceful person could probably get anything he wanted so I'm not ruling anything out. But my money is on this turning out to be either ANFO or a low explosive like propane or plain old gunpowder. Since Tennessee has a licensing system for explosives handlers I think it follows that one owuld need to produce the license to procure explosives in the state.

True. A close friend just drove through Nashville and across TN while moving and said almost no one wore a mask at the places where they had to stop (hotel, gas station, drive up restaurants). Very scary, couldn't get out of there fast enough.

For the most part, people IN Nashville (except for the gobs of yeehaw tourists downtown at the beer halls, back when that was still a thing) have been pretty good about masks, IMO. Now, go 30 minutes outside of town in any direction and all bets are off. ;)

sorry we had the JBR show for websleuths going for like 2 hours, its not that they often appear, they are caused from the explosion itself

but this should explain at least some of it, the easiest way i can explain it is this, you know a fighter jet and it breaks the speed of sound right, but you see the jet before you hear and feel the the sonic boom, its similar for a explosion

the other thing is, when an explosion goes off it shoots out in front of the fire ball a wave, its almost invisible, that would be the thud you'd feel from the explosion and then you'd hear the blast, its basically escaping gases from the explosion

Shock wave - Wikipedia

Blast wave - Wikipedia

No, that's great... I think get it! So we don't see the wave in the closer camera angles because we would feel it (if we were present). However, in those cameras farther away we see the wave before the explosion. Is that (sorta/kinda) right?? It's just the different camera "views" that had me puzzled.

ETA: So sorry you're in pain. Feel better. No rush to answer my questions!

Last edited:
@KonaHonu , I’m not sure about TN but some states allow voting rights to be restored after probation is complete.

According to the TN Secretary of State website (sos.tn.gov), you can vote as a felon if you have your voting rights restored, OR if your conviction falls into certain categories. One of these seems to fit AW:

Conviction between January 15, 1973, and May 17, 1981
All persons who were convicted during this time period are eligible to vote. You do not need to have your rights restored, but the Division of Elections will need to verify you were convicted during this time period.

This New York Times article said he recently told an ex-girlfriend that he had been diagnosed with cancer.

(BTW, while we can't sleuth them here, I find it interesting that AQW, who has been described as a recluse, apparently had an ex-girlfriend.)

A Quiet Life, a Thunderous Death, and a Nightmare That Shook Nashville

That article makes me think he was a fairly normal, if quiet person who just got caught up in believing all that crazy conspiracy theory stuff, probably over the last several years. Its very dangerous. We've seen quite a few murder cases involving those paranoid social media groups.

According to the TN Secretary of State website (sos.tn.gov), you can vote as a felon if you have your voting rights restored, OR if your conviction falls into certain categories. One of these seems to fit AW:

Conviction between January 15, 1973, and May 17, 1981
All persons who were convicted during this time period are eligible to vote. You do not need to have your rights restored, but the Division of Elections will need to verify you were convicted during this time period.

I wonder why those certain years? I’m just aware because I’ve been thru it in SC for marijuana and just swore under oath (they can check) that everything (probation, fine) was completed. With that, they gave me the card and allowed the pothead to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆