Crocodile Hunter's Daughter Gets Own TV Show

I only skimmed those, Narla, but I can see how people would think so. Some of it I agree with -- it's just easier to see good people here when you are around them all the time, etc.

Anyway, as far as Bindi, I wish only the best for her. She is totally adorable and has already done more good for the world than many people four times her age! I wish more kids had causes they cared about. Well, adults, too, I suppose.

I've had to delete a number of posts because they were off topic and rude. Any further attemps to continue this line of attack will be met with time outs.

Okay, I'm not sure how to take the bantering about being "Americanized" - should we be offended? :p
No.....I didnt mean to offend anyone...and I never said it was a bad thing.

Having traveled out of the states, I do think there is a mode of truth to the word "Americanized"... our country has a way of turning things into a label or product like no other country in the world. Sometimes it is good... sometimes it is bad... and definitely, Bindi's world is being turned into a label and product. I hope her mother knows how to put the stops out to let Bindi be a child. Bindi without a doubt, loves and adores the man that was her father, but at the end of the day, she is still a little girl that needs time to be free and play and just enjoy life, outside of fame and the shadow of her father's legacy.

Having traveled out of the states, I do think there is a mode of truth to the word "Americanized"... our country has a way of turning things into a label or product like no other country in the world. Sometimes it is good... sometimes it is bad... and definitely, Bindi's world is being turned into a label and product. I hope her mother knows how to put the stops out to let Bindi be a child. Bindi without a doubt, loves and adores the man that was her father, but at the end of the day, she is still a little girl that needs time to be free and play and just enjoy life, outside of fame and the shadow of her father's legacy.

Well said!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I do not mine the show. But give me a break Clothing line now!!!!!What Bindi needs like others have said is to be able to grow up. And Be a KID truly think if Steve was still alive he would say No way Mate.Steve understood the importance of letting his kids growing up as Kids. Sure they were on his show but Steve and Teri could not ver well leave them home since they were on the road so much.

What is next Bindi Dolls and Bindi's Wildlife games?

Hi JD, my friend,
I had to really think before I responded to your post. I guess in my old age, I've learned to listen more & talk less (which has made my husband extremely happy).

I'm going to call this as I see it and lay my cards down.

In this little record store we've had for wayyyyy too long, we've met some very nice people that we've come to treasure. We've also seen some very sad things.

A lot of the kids who walk in here have no direction, and it has nothing to do with how they look or dress, what music they listen to or how many piercings they have. It's in their eyes. I'm not talking about the 'druggie', smart-*advertiser censored* punks that there's an abundance of these days. I'm talkin' about 'lost' kids who hang out here after school (if they even went that day) until we close at 10PM...and no parent calls or even stops by to check up on them. They want so bad to find acceptance from anyone who even acts remotely interested in what they have to say.

These kids need 'heroes' and there don't seem to be any. JD, when you & I were youngsters, there was Marshall Dillon, Superman, Jim Crown (Cimmaron Strip...remember THAT one?) Barbara Stanwyck (Victoria Barkley of 'The Big Valley' was who I wanted to grow up to be like). They thwarted evil for the good of all. Nowdays...many of these 'lost' kids look up to gang members and watch TV shows & movies that spew profanity and glorify violence.

Bottom line (here it comes...hang on).

Bindi Irwin is teaching her peers about COMPASSION and letting them know that ONE person can make a difference, and it doesn't matter how old you are. She may change and stardom might eventually be a negative thing for her, but we don't know that, and I pray this family will continue to set a good example. If she wants to lend her name to a clothing line, all the better...and as per your suggestion..."Bindi's Wildlife Game"..I'd be first in line to purchase about 100 & distribute them to the local grade schools. I'm really tired of hearing about kid's setting cat's on fire.

OK...I'm done.
Deb

Bindi Irwin is teaching her peers about COMPASSION and letting them know that ONE person can make a difference, and it doesn't matter how old you are. She may change and stardom might eventually be a negative thing for her, but we don't know that, and I pray this family will continue to set a good example. If she wants to lend her name to a clothing line, all the better...and as per your suggestion..."Bindi's Wildlife Game"..I'd be first in line to purchase about 100 & distribute them to the local grade schools. I'm really tired of hearing about kid's setting cat's on fire.

OK...I'm done.
Deb

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Me too....good post Heavenly....

Lynie

Hi JD, my friend,
I had to really think before I responded to your post. I guess in my old age, I've learned to listen more & talk less (which has made my husband extremely happy).

I'm going to call this as I see it and lay my cards down.

In this little record store we've had for wayyyyy too long, we've met some very nice people that we've come to treasure. We've also seen some very sad things.

A lot of the kids who walk in here have no direction, and it has nothing to do with how they look or dress, what music they listen to or how many piercings they have. It's in their eyes. I'm not talking about the 'druggie', smart-*advertiser censored* punks that there's an abundance of these days. I'm talkin' about 'lost' kids who hang out here after school (if they even went that day) until we close at 10PM...and no parent calls or even stops by to check up on them. They want so bad to find acceptance from anyone who even acts remotely interested in what they have to say.

These kids need 'heroes' and there don't seem to be any. JD, when you & I were youngsters, there was Marshall Dillon, Superman, Jim Crown (Cimmaron Strip...remember THAT one?) Barbara Stanwyck (Victoria Barkley of 'The Big Valley' was who I wanted to grow up to be like). They thwarted evil for the good of all. Nowdays...many of these 'lost' kids look up to gang members and watch TV shows & movies that spew profanity and glorify violence.

Bottom line (here it comes...hang on).

OK...I'm done.
Deb

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Yes Please Say it Like It Is.

I do not mine the show. But give me a break Clothing line now!!!!!What Bindi needs like others have said is to be able to grow up. And Be a KID truly think if Steve was still alive he would say No way Mate.Steve understood the importance of letting his kids growing up as Kids. Sure they were on his show but Steve and Teri could not ver well leave them home since they were on the road so much.

What is next Bindi Dolls and Bindi's Wildlife games?

Hiccup

You can count on it- educating the world one kid at a time- and all the money goes back into conserving our planet-

How anyone could have a problem with that is beyond me.

Good post Heavenly- well said.

Honestly, I think alot will depend on how she is mothered - will her mother love her, help her make wise choices, LISTEN TO WHAT BINDI wants to do; etc. If she wants to start a green clothing line - great; but quite honestly that's kind of an adult activity.

I think everyone thinks she's an adorable, smart and sweet little girl; and we just don't want her to be "too soon an adult". I hope she has a great relationship with her mother, always remembers her father for the great man he was, and has the opportunity to do some fun things she enjoys, be educated and make friends with other girls and boys her age. If she ends up an entertainer/educator as an adult and still loves it, well great.

But too many of us have seen child stars have serious problems somewhere along the way. As I say, I think alot of it will depend on Mom.

Tonight, our Aussie friends, is a documentary on the Anniversary of Steves death. It was announced this morning on Fox Network.
IT will be a tearful night indeed.......
And if they show that singer standing on his jeep singing, then I would have lost it.
I look forward to seeing his bright shining smile.
But then it will remind me that he is no longer here.
Tonight I will be reminded also, of the wonderful friends that have gained from his wonderful Australia, since his death.
Gosh, he is so missed................

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back