Resolved CA - Norwalk, UP76036, race/gender UNK, under age 40, Nov'20 - N/A

dewey decimal

Reaction score
I was browsing NAMUS today and this case caught my eye: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Of note: Circumstances of Recovery: On the morning of 11/16/2020 Los Angeles Vector Control found a partially skeletonized body in the shrubs in the center median of Alondra Blvd. Paramedics pronounced death at scene. An apparent auto vs. pedestrian traffic collision occurred at the same location on the morning of 10/26/2020 but no body was located at that time. (BBM)

Also, they found a notecard in the decedent's pocket with handwritten geometry notes.

I'm not familiar with missing persons cases in this area, but I would guess this person is a young student (high school/college) based on the notes.

Attachments

• geometrycard.jpg
    geometrycard.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 54
I believe this is the same UID. Article refers to a female

Decomposing body found in Norwalk; homicide detectives investigating

Homicide detectives are investigating after the decomposing body of a female was found in Norwalk Monday, authorities said.

Deputies were originally called around 11:25 a.m. about a person not breathing in the 12800 block of Alondra Boulevard, Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials said in a news release.

f4737b49-294b-43ed-a4ff-778e7bfb66e9_1.17799c18905b558dab82bfe082597ba9.jpeg

(Via walmart.com/ip/Wonder-Nation-Glossy-Lace-Up-Moto-Boot-Little-Girls-Big-Girls/361055073)
For what it's worth, I imagine the shoes are something along these lines. They're pretty popular with teenagers, which coincides with the geometry notes.

Does anyone else find the auto/pedestrian accident on 10/26 odd? If this is a result of that accident exactly how hard did they look? Did the person wander away and then return to the scene and die? Was it at at night and dark and no one returned when it was daylight? How does someone get hit by a car and just disappear and then found at the location weeks later?

The NAMUS description does say the body was found in the shrubs in the center median of the street, so I suppose if they're overgrown you could miss seeing a body. When I look at the Google maps street view of the 12800 block of Alondra Blvd. the shrubs are very tidy and low to the ground, though it indicates this image was captured earlier in the year: Google Maps

I live in the area and I can personally say that shrubs and government-owned areas with plants are severely overgrown due to the pandemic. Especially in the Norwalk/Santa-Fe Area. Vertical angles are also taught in sophomore geometry classes around here so she could have been in 10th grade.

The NAMUS description does say the body was found in the shrubs in the center median of the street, so I suppose if they're overgrown you could miss seeing a body. When I look at the Google maps street view of the 12800 block of Alondra Blvd. the shrubs are very tidy and low to the ground, though it indicates this image was captured earlier in the year: Google Maps

i looked there too and i was like how? i imagine though that the road cleaning crew isnt essential so maybe they are overgrown now. but a neighborhood is right there, how did no one smell her?

Many people aren’t going outside right now due to the high covid infection rates. Also, the area might have a foul-smelling sewage system. But I agree, they should have been able to smell her.

Could the UID could possibly be Emelyn Castro. She was reported missing on November 4th, 2020 from Bloomington, CA. Bloomington is about 50 miles from where the UID was found but her missing persons report stated that she may have been heading to San Pedro, CA. San Pedro is about 22 miles from where the UID was found. Emelyn also was 5'0 at the time of her disappearance. Her hair also appears to have been reddish in an older photo and then dark brown in a recent one. She is also hispanic and 17 years old.

Here is her photos and link t0 her NCMC link: Have you seen this child? Emelyn Castro
NCMC1408307x1.jpg
NCMC1408307c1.jpg

Added a picture of her shoes. The description of them says pink wonder boots but the picture shows an off-color. Do you think maybe they faded from the sun or?

Hi, I want to revive this thread a bit since this case always bothers me.

Checked out the Namus profile today for any updates and there was two exclusions;

Gina Tafoya
She doesn't seem to have a profile on Namus so if you are curious about her check under the exclusions

Briana Reyes
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Due to the exclusions, LE probably found great evidence with DNA that the UID was White with a mix of another race but not African American nor Asian.

I have good/bad news.

I was looking at my watched UIDs on NAMUS and her, as in this Jane Doe, was no longer there. I found a link to her NAMUS profile and it was longer there. So I am assuming she has been identified. I follow the local news outlets,
since I’m in the area in which she was found, and have not heard anything about her identification. I have also tried searching through the Internet and still have had no luck.

I am glad that her family has peace of mind as to where her whereabouts are but sad they have to deal with her grueling death.

I have good/bad news.

I was looking at my watched UIDs on NAMUS and her, as in this Jane Doe, was no longer there. I found a link to her NAMUS profile and it was longer there. So I am assuming she has been identified. I follow the local news outlets,
since I’m in the area in which she was found, and have not heard anything about her identification. I have also tried searching through the Internet and still have had no luck.

I am glad that her family has peace of mind as to where her whereabouts are but sad they have to deal with her grueling death.

Public ME records in LA show that a 24-year-old woman named Maxine McCann died on November 16, 2020 and the place of death listed was a median. A quick Google search of her name brings up a post in a Facebook group for missing persons. It appears that she was reported missing by her mother sometime around December 2020. The post also notes in an update that she was found deceased. Her mother made a public Facebook post on October 27th confirming this and explaining a bit more. She was hit by a car around 5:30 in the morning on October 26, 2020. The driver claimed that she didn't know what she had hit because it was too dark to see, and law enforcement didn't write up a report or look around, and that was the end of it until her body was discovered several weeks later. She was unidentified until her mother asked the detective to take a DNA sample and Maxine's dental records. A couple of days later, there was a match based off the dental records.

Public ME records in LA show that a 24-year-old woman named Maxine McCann died on November 16, 2020 and the place of death listed was a median. A quick Google search of her name brings up a post in a Facebook group for missing persons. It appears that she was reported missing by her mother sometime around December 2020. The post also notes in an update that she was found deceased. Her mother made a public Facebook post on October 27th confirming this and explaining a bit more. She was hit by a car around 5:30 in the morning on October 26, 2020. The driver claimed that she didn't know what she had hit because it was too dark to see, and law enforcement didn't write up a report or look around, and that was the end of it until her body was discovered several weeks later. She was unidentified until her mother asked the detective to take a DNA sample and Maxine's dental records. A couple of days later, there was a match based off the dental records.

Thank you so much for this! Glad her mother has peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back