Found Safe WA - Naiyah Crawford, 7, Ritzville, 27 September 2020 *parental abduction*

Bopit

Reaction score
Naiyah Crawford, 7 Washington - Naiyah Crawford - Missing Alert
Have you seen this child? Naiyah Crawford
Alison Crawford, 49 Have you seen this child? Naiyah Crawford

Images: Naiyah and Alison Crawford Missing from Oregon/Washington Area

Hi all,

New to Websleuths but not websleuthing. The next bit may be a little morbid, fair warning. A child's body was recently found in the H.B. Van Duzer Forest State Scenic Corridor and while looking into missing children from neighbouring states, I stumbled upon Naiyah Crawford, age 7, who is considered allegedly abducted (with a federal warrant) by her mother Alison Crawford, 49 who is also, of course, missing. Her missing poster is registered with the Washington State, but it also includes instructions to call the Pendelton Police Department in Oregon.

Her parents seem to have joint custody/visitations with her, and it seems that they live in two neighbouring states. She was last seen on September 27th 2020, but not much is explained about how long the visitation was supposed to be, or any timeline of events (was she picked up from Pendelton, supposed to be dropped off there, etc).
Naiyah is not listed as missing in Oregon (where her family theoretically reported her missing), but is listed as missing in Washington. While I found a few shares on public Facebook groups but I didn't see much traction, so sharing here. Her families posts started in December of this year.

I don't want to base anything on a hunch or gut feeling, but this whole case seems a little strange to me.

Not sure if anyone has seen similar instances where the poster is located in one state but there seems to be reason to believe she is in another. Would this not cause some issues with the information getting out to the right people?

Additional info below:

Missing Since: Sep 27, 2020
Missing From: Ritzville, WA
DOB: Aug 4, 2013
Age Now: 7
Sex: Female
Race: Biracial
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color:Brown
Height:4'4"
Weight: 60 lbs

Naiyah was allegedly abducted by her mother, Alison Crawford, on September 27, 2020. A felony warrant for Kidnapping was issued for Alison on November 24, 2020. Naiyah and Alison are biracial. They are Black and White.
1-800-843-5678
Pendleton Police Department (Oregon) 1-541 276-4411

So the two locations are 136 miles/2 hours apart...

What's the usual process with parental abductions? I assume that the mother's family have all been checked out, interviewed, locations where the mom likes to go have been searched...

Any connections to other states? Would the mom have any family in other states to go to?

Attachments

• 7F91EB65-1E73-4262-B44F-72C4A1A06FAF.png
    7F91EB65-1E73-4262-B44F-72C4A1A06FAF.png
    374 KB · Views: 14
@Bopit

Welcome to WS!
And thanks for bringing attention to this child!

Please have a look to our TOS for some guidelines and to get familiar.
The Rules

I dont see on the sources where the information on custody rights is available, please consider that we can not bring SM information into threads here.

@Bopit

Welcome to WS!
And thanks for bringing attention to this child!

Please have a look to our TOS for some guidelines and to get familiar.
The Rules

I dont see on the sources where the information on custody rights is available, please consider that we can not bring SM information into threads here.

Thanks for pointing those out, will be more careful.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing those out, will be more careful.
Up to now it looks fine: i think there are different ways to understand the wording, so i took the "seem" together with mentioning fb posts as possible missing source link. But as you explained it now, i can follow your thoughts, thanks!

Yes, the custody point may have been a reason too that we hear this alert with such a delay. There were some cases here where a parent had to go through court first before being able to raise an alert

Naiyah does have a tooth missing in the picture posted in the link above. The OR child's remains found were aged at 6 1/2 to 10. That's when a child starts losing their baby teeth. Around 6 years old for 1st tooth to 12 for last.

Naiyah does have a tooth missing in the picture posted in the link above. The OR child's remains found were aged at 6 1/2 to 10. That's when a child starts losing their baby teeth. Around 6 years old for 1st tooth to 12 for last.

That was my immediate thought when I found her (looking for potential matches to the remains) 6.5 may indicate they think older than just 6, and the teeth are a very noteworthy developmental step when we talk about IDing. I don't want to speculate too much(and truly hope this isn't her) but there's also not been a lot said about this disappearance. I can't even find a news report about it (again, with a felony warrant??)

I also noted that the drive from Ritzville (or Pendelton) to the location of the body in H B Van Duzer is pretty clear cut along state lines, which would make sense if you abduct your child (crossing borders would be an immediate Felony, maybe they stayed in Oregon?) MOO, wish we had enough info to exclude, but she fits the description.

That was my immediate thought when I found her (looking for potential matches to the remains) 6.5 may indicate they think older than just 6, and the teeth are a very noteworthy developmental step when we talk about IDing. I don't want to speculate too much(and truly hope this isn't her) but there's also not been a lot said about this disappearance. I can't even find a news report about it (again, with a felony warrant??)

I also noted that the drive from Ritzville (or Pendelton) to the location of the body in H B Van Duzer is pretty clear cut along state lines, which would make sense if you abduct your child (crossing borders would be an immediate Felony, maybe they stayed in Oregon?) MOO, wish we had enough info to exclude, but she fits the description.

I'd call and submit the info. Can't hurt.

Welcome and thanks for starting this thread, Bopit. Definitely worth submitting this on the UID.

Something doesn’t feel right with the limited info given on Naiyah and her mother. Has anyone reported her mother as missing? Could it be that both of them are involuntarily missing? The father has reported this as a parental abduction, but could it be something much more?

Welcome and thanks for starting this thread, Bopit. Definitely worth submitting this on the UID.

Something doesn’t feel right with the limited info given on Naiyah and her mother. Has anyone reported her mother as missing? Could it be that both of them are involuntarily missing? The father has reported this as a parental abduction, but could it be something much more?
I definitely agree with it not feeling right. There's nearly nothing on her. Her mother is also listed as missing but only as the alleged abductor. Not sure if there would be one for her on her own (just as MISSING) if abduction is the case (or the story)?. I couldn't find anything on the mother's family, but quite a bit on her and Naiyah's father.

I definitely agree with it not feeling right. There's nearly nothing on her. Her mother is also listed as missing but only as the alleged abductor. Not sure if there would be one for her on her own (just as MISSING) if abduction is the case (or the story)?. I couldn't find anything on the mother's family, but quite a bit on her and Naiyah's father.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Hope you stay around!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Hope you stay around!
I think I will! This case is gnawing at me and it just feels so wrong. I don't want to come across as overly suspicious (and I want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules), especially because the victims family may see this all, but from the sleuthing I've been doing on Alison (mother, suspect), she seems to be a little .. strange? I'm not sure how much I am allowed to say on here, will look closer at the rules.

Attempt to Locate Facebook page. Posted 12/31/2020 and photo of car without a tag.

203c.png
MISSING CHILD
203c.png

Naiyah Crawford (7)
Ritzville, Washington
September 27, 2020
Naiyah was allegedly abducted by her mother, Alison Crawford, on September 27, 2020. A
felony warrant for Kidnapping was issued for Alison on November 24, 2020.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 4'4"
Weight: 60 lbs
If you have any information, please contact the Pendleton Police Department (Oregon) 1-541 276-4411.

upload_2021-1-2_20-16-12.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back