TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Quinn Warner's property transfer to woman caused family rift

"I remember him saying he knew her mother personally," Throckmorton said of how Warner was connected to the young woman. The Nashville attorney also said Warner described the recipient of the house as "the child of a friend of his."

A friend he had no contact with for the past 40 years? In the article it is also stated that AQW parted ways with his attorney due to the outcome of the family dispute. The attorney describes him as a guy who "hated life, everything and everybody". Obviously he didn't hate everybody.

"He was extremely reserved and suspicious and paranoid and distrustful. There was no chitchat with him."

Last edited:
Recording of the attorney's 911 call from August 21, 2019 (AQW is mentioned, though not by name):

I find this call odd. I can't tell if he's just very professional and that's why he sounds so calm or if he's trying to frame the scenario in a certain way. Why would she contact the attorney instead of a friend or family member. It's odd.

Recording of the attorney's 911 call from August 21, 2019 (AQW is mentioned, though not by name):

Wow, amazing find. He let them know about AQW's mental state and the alleged bomb building.
Sorry, OT. I cringe every time I hear Throckmorton's name due to the Throckmorton sign in medicine.

I find this call odd. I can't tell if he's just very professional and that's why he sounds so calm or if he's trying to frame the scenario in a certain way. Why would she contact the attorney instead of a friend or family member. It's odd.

Maybe AQW was controlling and didn't let her talk to certain people so she called the lawyer? She could have quietly made the call and if AQW asked about it later, she could just say it was regarding something he was working on for her.

Maybe fear or wanting someone else to report. Not sure but her mental status is being questioned as well. If only...

The whole situation seems odd. I don't find Throckmorton's demeanor too strange. He seems to be just being professional and trying to be clear. But if someone is suicidal it seems odd to call your lawyer.

I don't find it odd, I think he is trying to remain calm and defuse the situation. He warned them that she has firearms but that he thought there was a good chance to resolve the situation without any danger.

But WOW he was extremely clear about believing his client that AQW building bombs! Part of what you do as a lawyer is listen to what your client says and figure out how much truth there is, how much weight you can give what they say, how trustworthy they are. A lawyer with 30 years experience in the community should have been trusted enough to go get a search warrant and look into this guy.

Not knowing whether his gf at the time suffered paranoia or some other mental issue, what a creepy guy AQW was if what she reported was true. The bomb making in the RV was certainly true. BBM.

"Throckmorton said he met Warner through another client, the woman who police on Tuesday identified as Warner's girlfriend.

The 64-year-old woman began to call Throckmorton's office frequently in 2019 to report she feared for her safety, saying Warner was stalking her and even potentially drugging and poisoning her.

"She believed that Tony was spying on her, believed that he was breaking into her house at night while she was asleep," Throckmorton said. "She believed all kinds of things. We had no way to know whether or not that was true."

Throckmorton said the woman told himWarner was building bombs.

The attorney said Warner never mentioned anything to him about building bombs."

The whole situation seems odd. I don't find Throckmorton's demeanor too strange. He seems to be just being professional and trying to be clear. But if someone is suicidal it seems odd to call your lawyer.

I think it depends on why he was representing her in the first place. Sometimes I'm the person that gives my client the worst news they've ever received in their lives. I'm the person who walks my client through the challenges they're facing. In some cases you can be part therapist where your client wants to talk and talk and if they're willing to pay for your time you just listen. I know things about my clients that their families don't know because they felt comfortable confiding in me because they know they have attorney-client privilege. Thankfully none of my clients have threatened to kill themselves but they've threatened other things and I've had to evaluate if they were serious or if they were just humanly reacting to a negative turn in their case.

Not knowing whether his gf at the time suffered paranoia or some other mental issue, what a creepy guy AQW was if what she reported was true. The bomb making in the RV was certainly true. BBM.

"Throckmorton said he met Warner through another client, the woman who police on Tuesday identified as Warner's girlfriend.

The 64-year-old woman began to call Throckmorton's office frequently in 2019 to report she feared for her safety, saying Warner was stalking her and even potentially drugging and poisoning her.

"She believed that Tony was spying on her, believed that he was breaking into her house at night while she was asleep," Throckmorton said. "She believed all kinds of things. We had no way to know whether or not that was true."

Throckmorton said the woman told himWarner was building bombs.

The attorney said Warner never mentioned anything to him about building bombs."
Maybe at first AQW and his girlfriend bonded over conspiracy theories and paranoia.

The cops that went to check on AQW after the claims from the girlfriend probably would not have thought too much about it because the girlfriend was threatening to kill herself and was being taken in for a pysch evaluation. The did a checkup at his place but it would have been hard to get a search warrant based off just the "crazy" girlfriend statements alone and then no other real evidence from their visit to his house. I would imaging cops hear a lot of false accusations in the heat of the moment when people are mad at their significant other or threatening to kill themselves. It's just unfortunate this time the accusations turned out to be true.

Nashville PD defends failure to pursue 2019 tip on RV bomber Anthony Warner

Police chief John Drake:

“The officers went by for at least, maybe longer than a week or so and they knocked on the door... They went by, drove several times.”
“You had no reasonable suspicion to go to a judge, They could have but it would’ve been denied.”

The chief also said that AQW had no history of violence.

Last edited:
Nashville PD defends failure to pursue 2019 tip on RV bomber Anthony Warner

Police chief John Drake is quoted:

“The officers went by for at least, maybe longer than a week or so and they knocked on the door... They went by, drove several times.”

“You had no reasonable suspicion to go to a judge, They could have but it would’ve been denied.”

The chief also said that AQW had no history of violence.
Exactly what I was thinking. See my post right above yours. LOL. Anyone bashing the cops who went to check on him the 1st time are not looking at the big picture at that moment in time. Put yourself in the cops shoes especially when the girlfriend is on the porch threatening to kill herself. You going to take what she says with some doubts I would imagine. Surprised they even went to check on his address based off her situation at the time.

Nashville | Chief John Drake's News Conference Remarks-- August 2019 Police Response Concerning Anthony Warner

Detailed explanation of police actions, including the claim that AQW's attorney didn't let them search the RV in AQW's absence:

On August 29th, 2019, Officer Pollard phoned the attorney who was on the scene during the suicidal call. During that conversation, Officer Pollard said that he was attempting to locate Warner, and was told that he was known to go on camping trips for weeks at a time. Officer Pollard recalls asking whether he could just take a look inside the RV parked behind Warner’s home. Officer Pollard recalls the attorney telling him that Warner did not care for the police and "I am not going to be able to let him let you all do that".

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking. See my post right above yours. LOL. Anyone bashing the cops who went to check on him the 1st time are not looking at the big picture at that moment in time. Put yourself in the cops shoes especially when the girlfriend is on the porch threatening to kill herself. You going to take what she says with some doubts I would imagine. Surprised they even went to check on his address based off her situation at the time.

Did you listen to the released 911 call posted above where an attorney with 30 years experience calmly tells the 911 operator his client told him AQW is building bombs in his house and he believes the client?

If LE can get no-knock warrants because they think a gram of cocaine is going to be flushed down a toilet they can get a search warrant over a bomb threat based on the concerns of a respectable attorney in the community. Any judge would have granted that warrant. Nashville PD are just CYA now.

Did you listen to the released 911 call posted above where an attorney with 30 years experience calmly tells the 911 operator his client told him AQW is building bombs in his house and he believes the client?

If LE can get no-knock warrants because they think a gram of cocaine is going to be flushed down a toilet they can get a search warrant over a bomb threat based on the concerns of a respectable attorney in the community. Any judge would have granted that warrant. Nashville PD are just CYA now.
That is not an apples to apples comparison. His client who stated this was threatening to kill herself. The attorney stated in the article I read that he did not have knowledge himself of AQW building bombs. And for the record I am not pro cop. I have been harassed unreasonably a few times in my past growing up in the inner city. But I do try to put myself in each persons situation. They went back more than once to the house and the Captain stated today no judge would have ever signed off on a search warrant. And I am guessing that is because of the fact that the person making the claims was threatening to kill herself. No knock warrants for a gram of cocaine are another subject in itself.

Nashville | Chief John Drake's News Conference Remarks-- August 2019 Police Response Concerning Anthony Warner

Detailed explanation of police actions, including the claim that AQW's attorney didn't let them search the RV in AQW's absence:

On August 29th, 2019, Officer Pollard phoned the attorney who was on the scene during the suicidal call. During that conversation, Officer Pollard said that he was attempting to locate Warner, and was told that he was known to go on camping trips for weeks at a time. Officer Pollard recalls asking whether he could just take a look inside the RV parked behind Warner’s home. Officer Pollard recalls the attorney telling him that Warner did not care for the police and "I am not going to be able to let him let you all do that".

BBM..
Doesn't a police officer specialized in Hazardous Devices know that some dude who is a lawyer but not the suspected POI's , is NOT going to give permission to go "take a look"? That was some serious miss there. That is pure lazy police work, and against all proper protocol. And, don't even get me started on the FBI !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975