Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed the part when he talked about the kids not touching the dirt. I'm not sure what that means.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is his throwing the wood over the fence while the kids were playing. Wouldn't he be afraid to hit them with a log, especially since they were so rambunctious? And if he was looking where he was throwing, wouldn't he have noticed whether the kids were there or not?

I also thought his response to the biological mom blaming them on the kid's disappearance was odd. He didn't deny it, but said he understood and would feel the same way. Then he said "That's exactly the point." I'm not sure which part he was referring to as being "the point."
100%. If you're coming at me with accusations as serious as this one is, that I KNOW are false, REGARDLESS of how it looks, be prepared for me to come back double barrel.

I’m hopeful that the police already have but I hope they speak to the real estate agent who sold their old house and helped them buy their new one. Anytime I’ve looked at new houses, I’m telling the agent how many kids I have and what their ages are etc etc. It could be a lead.
Do you know if it was one agent or two? Or are you just wondering out loud?
So many questions. I hope LE has many of the answers!

I’m hopeful that the police already have but I hope they speak to the real estate agent who sold their old house and helped them buy their new one. Anytime I’ve looked at new houses, I’m telling the agent how many kids I have and what their ages are etc etc. It could be a lead.
Do you know if it was one agent or two? Or are you just wondering out loud? Because yes, I used to be a Realtor and that's just basic info!
So many questions. I hope LE has many of the answers!

The 10k reward is going to get locals out looking. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more search of the desert. I’ve seen cases where kids get way farther than thought on foot. There must be some real evidence that they didn’t just walk away.

I must have missed the part when he talked about the kids not touching the dirt. I'm not sure what that means.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is his throwing the wood over the fence while the kids were playing. Wouldn't he be afraid to hit them with a log, especially since they were so rambunctious? And if he was looking where he was throwing, wouldn't he have noticed whether the kids were there or not?

I also thought his response to the biological mom blaming them on the kid's disappearance was odd. He didn't deny it, but said he understood and would feel the same way. Then he said "That's exactly the point." I'm not sure which part he was referring to as being "the point."
100%. If you're coming at me with accusations as serious as this one is, that I KNOW are false, REGARDLESS of how it looks, be prepared for me to come back double barrel.

I wonder if they verified that the fire place actually works? IMO
Looks like it. 10717 Aspen Avenue, California City, CA 93505 | Compass
1500x1000.jpg

Thank you so much for your response. Chalking that one up to rumor for now. Pun intended.

I am still catching up but I'm also wondering why I keep seeing "two search warrants" and the "second search warrant" mentioned? It's my understanding that they brought in a team from Bakersfield and searched the home again with the same warrant. MOO

DEC 29, 2020
Chief of Police in California City gives update on two missing boys; suspects foul play | KGET 17
At around 3 p.m. on Tuesday, police and federal agents went into the house of the adoptive parents again, using the same search warrant they served last Wednesday.
conflicting report:
On December 29, authorities executed a second search warrant of the home. Local reporters saw police carrying out several large bags.
Police chief says foul play likely involved after two missing boys disappear from backyard at same time

eta:
Search party scheduled for Saturday Jan 2, 21:
https://twitter.com/bayanwang

Last edited:
I'm super new here! I've read through most of this thread and I don't think this has been mentioned but I noticed that TW said that they sent the two youngest ones outside to play while JW was wrapping gifts. It strikes me as odd that he identifies them as the "two youngest" as if there were other children in the house and then later says that the four other children were on "vacation" at grandma's house.

I'm super new here! I've read through most of this thread and I don't think this has been mentioned but I noticed that TW said that they sent the two youngest ones outside to play while JW was wrapping gifts. It strikes me as odd that he identifies them as the "two youngest" as if there were other children in the house and then later says that the four other children were on "vacation" at grandma's house.
Great first post and observation ReallyStar! Welcome to WS!

Im very curious to know how the BM found out so quickly that the babies were missing, and to show up at the CC house.
She would have been one of the first suspects so LE/FBI looked into her fam, exes, alibi likely day one

I agree, I had always been under the impression that there were other kids around until pressed for further details... did they send them away specifically for this timeframe and didn’t want to make it seem so as that could look sketchy in and of itself?

Last edited:
Nice catch! Very odd wording indeed :cool:.

Welcome to WS!!

It seems as though TW did everything EXCEPT what most of us would have done upon realizing the kids are missing and the back gate is open. Immediately go out the back gate looking for them. That was a really befuddling search he allegedly performed, and despite his emphasization when claiming "I hit a bunch of corners", I'm also inclined to think he didn't really search for them. MOO
BAM!!!

I mean if they were being strict about the stay at home order,so much so they didn't even allow the boys outside, why didn't that translate when they sent the other 4 children to Granny's house?:rolleyes:
I really wish people would at least try and sell a good story when they are lying their butts off:mad:
Great thought process!

In addition....in this interview.....on top of rambunctious being a description of small toddler boys that should be full of energy, what also bothered me is the Dad's comment about them NOT TPUCHING THE DIRT....WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE in the desert, the fact that the back gate(s), with an S because they are dual closing metal gate that closes together requiring two hands if said gate(s) are WIDE OPEN, and is in fact located waaaaay in the back of the yard where their yard and would be almost connected to the person behind their homes gate and no other way for them to leave the area is for them to venture out into the front of their home because there us a home on the other side of the lot and it is enclosed from the people who live behind thems gates from one end of the block to the other one and only one block long in that section. So for the Dad to "gather wood" or scraps of wood because there is no logs to get in the lot, how he could be throwing wood where over the gate and then alreaey inside the unlocked gate taking it inside from the area he threw the wood over the gate into the house when ge noticed them missing....because it is a long walk from the outside front of the yard into the back gate, back up to the front of the yard but on the inside now and into the house to put wood inside.....coming back out would not allow the boys to get to the back gates and out of them to disappear fast enough for the Dad to not see them.....but because he added the search the house first which is stupid once again because of his garage being on the other side of the house and wr it seems to look as if his chimney is sitting, he would have ALREADY PAST THEM UP on the way back to the patio outside or knew they werent inside the house already with NO OTHER CHILDREN THERE AND THEM BEING AS RAMBUNCTIOUS AS HE CLAIMS THEM TO BE.....unless he is stating they are extremely quiet rambunctious boys that is..... So since pretty much EVERYONE IN CC AND BF KNOWS THAT COYOTES ROAM THE STREETS AND OPEM DESERT AREA like where they moved to, we also know that dogs ALL OF THEM will bark if a coyote shows its face and the importance of shutting your gates and having a dog, as well as, not being out late or when it gets dark down there where it is extremely dark and too scary for children that age to want to leave the yard at all and basically that is the end of the city all together.....no other neighborhoods exist past that area going out towards the 58 freeway, out towards the 395 freeway and not many more out towards the prison either......so him "bending a lot of corners" when there are only about 3 corners to bend over there is teally confusing to me.....unless he bent some corners in the open desert and there is plenty of open desert here. It is a place where a biological parent could in fact take their children and drive off if they were wandering about with no one around....as well as a place to stage a play.......But why so emotionless about two small children possibly being coyote food, the nodding and completing his prewritten sentences, giving a horrible character reference about yourself as a parent by agreeing that it is right that one should feel like they did something wrong to their children, by asking what did he say one neighbor he saw outside and not EVERY DAMN NEIGHBOR IN THE AREA about their children, by agreeing that a bunch of strangers were the best people looking for your children and that you yourself was not. Why their faces were SOOOO COVERED UP? Out here we barely remember COVID exists sometimes and it is NOT forgotten or overly enforced because we dont go many places and interact much with the"big city" issues of the situation, we only have dollar general and family dollar and rite aid for christmas gifts unless we travel outside the city.Did they happen to know the Bio Mother alalready prior to moving
Yes this!!!!!!!

Welcome!
Now add that TW NEVER uses the names of his missing sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak