Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

Oh my! Finally some justice in this case. Rest In Peace now Michaela, they got him. I always wondered if DNA was left on the bike.
It's too late for justice, unfortunately. The perp died five years ago.

Police are already looking into whether there could be a link to Irene Misheloff.

Decades later, charges filed in Michaela Garecht case bring relief to Hayward

Misch is already in Santa Rita Jail serving a prior murder conviction and is awaiting trial for a double murder committed in Fremont in 1986 of friends Jennifer Duey and Michelle Xavier.

Now, other law enforcement agencies including Dublin Police Services, are revisiting their kidnapping cold cases.

Ilene Misheloff was last seen walking home from school in Dublin on Jan. 30, 1989.

"Definitely piqued our interest and sparked us to look into this individual to see if there's any links to our case as well," said Nate Schmidt, Captain with Dublin Police Services.

https://www.scribd.com/document/488956864/David-Misch-Probable-Cause-Affidavit

This is the probable cause statement by the detective against David Misch. Some interesting and new information is present, two eye witnesses identified Misch in the parking lot shortly before the abduction and each positively identified him as being the abductor by picking his photo out of a double-blind photo lineup based on booking photos from the time. He would have been 27 when he kidnapped Michaela.

Heartbreakingly, he has not been cooperative with investigators either. He has refused to talk to detectives and refused to provide DNA and fingerprint samples.

https://www.scribd.com/document/488956864/David-Misch-Probable-Cause-Affidavit

This is the probable cause statement by the detective against David Misch. Some interesting and new information is present, two eye witnesses identified Misch in the parking lot shortly before the abduction and each positively identified him as being the abductor by picking his photo out of a double-blind photo lineup based on booking photos from the time. He would have been 27 when he kidnapped Michaela.

Heartbreakingly, he has not been cooperative with investigators either. He has refused to talk to detectives and refused to provide DNA and fingerprint samples.

This is disheartening. I strongly hope and pray that he tells where her remains are.

Defense blasts 'junk science' in missing girl's case

This news report shows a mugshot of Misch in 1988.

JUiKzra.png

I remember when Nancy Grace had that special in 2011 called "50 people, 50 days", or something similar to that. She would feature a missing persons case everyday for the next 50 days. This is when I first heard about this case, and it has stayed with me ever since. The fact that she could be taken in broad daylight with witnesses around and never found made me angry. I hope they find her body.

Wow!! Wow!! At least he has been locked up since a year after Michaela. He sounds like a violent, horrible, evil man! He shows now remorse and no conscience. I can’t imagine how he wasn’t fingered long before now. Rest peacefully now Michaela.

So thankful for the dedication of the cold case detective!! Even though hard, so thankful that Michaela’s mom has been given answers while she is still alive. This case has always been so haunting for the reasons many have posted - especially the brazen broad daylight kidnapping!

It’s interesting that his other victims seem to be brunette women and Michaela is a blonde child. Was the friend she was with at the convenience store brunette? I wonder if that is who he meant to take — after all, he did move her scooter.

It’s interesting that his other victims seem to be brunette women and Michaela is a blonde child. Was the friend she was with at the convenience store brunette? I wonder if that is who he meant to take — after all, he did move her scooter.

I've wondered that as well - was the friend the target? I can't imagine being the friend or her parents and knowing it COULD easily have been her! I hope that the friend has somehow found some peace, though I'm not sure how she might have ever done this. If the friend is reading here, pls know my heart is with you.

It is indeed bittersweet news. Thought it was never going to be solved, have been following this case for years.
Tough ending of 2020, for her family, not knowing if /what the perp will tell and if he decides to share what he has done and where she is right now,more uncertainty..

The news about Michaela has reached, Europe as well
DPG Media Privacy Gate

So, the discribtion of Michaela seen, by two other girls, being in Mexico is definitely ruled out?

Guess he had nothing to do with child traffickers?
I always thought, she was abducted by a drug user.
The investigation must be in full swing

It is indeed bittersweet news. Thought it was never going to be solved, have been following this case for years.
Tough ending of 2020, for her family, not knowing if /what the perp will tell and if he decides to share what he has done and where she is right now,more uncertainty..

The news about Michaela has reached, Europe as well
DPG Media Privacy Gate

So, the discribtion of Michaela seen, by two other girls, being in Mexico is definitely ruled out?

Guess he had nothing to do with child traffickers?
I always thought, she was abducted by a drug user.
The investigation must be in full swing

Indeed, this was unexpected in my mind. But I don't know that we can rule out any connections yet. They don't know what happened to her, and while they now know who took her, unless or until he talks, that is about the extent of what we can assume that they know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back