Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
WKRG | Another Milton High School coach dies from COVID-19

You'd think the first death would have cautioned the area enough, but no. Party on.

ETA: Meanwhile, one of my best friends has been at an ER in Pensacola for 12 hours or so, waiting for a bed. He's had a stroke, but the beds are full of COVID patients.

Wow, I didn't even know where MIlton Florida is...

I am in a relatively quiet Florida county, and our hospital is rather small and full... the emergency helicopter route from our hospital to the main hospital in Jacksonville is right over my house.... and the number of flights each day is getting crazy... We are hearing that the entire hospital--Main larger one, and all the regionals are now close to capacity.... so not sure where those helicopters are going to have to fly....

Me too. In the last 10 minutes, my daughter-in-law told me that her best friend's husband's parents had them for Christmas without telling them they were COVID positive. Husband is now positive, wife doesn't have symptoms so she is waiting for slower test. She's pregnant, though, and works in NICU. I can't even.
I don’t think I could ever forgive them. Can you imagine betraying your son and DIL carrying your grandchild like that? Wow. How sad and selfish. They would never see that baby.

Me too. In the last 10 minutes, my daughter-in-law told me that her best friend's husband's parents had them for Christmas without telling them they were COVID positive. Husband is now positive, wife doesn't have symptoms so she is waiting for slower test. She's pregnant, though, and works in NICU. I can't even.

That's so irresponsible. What would those parents think if their child's sex partner didn't tell them they were HIV-infected?

Omg!! What?! Like how could that even happen?! I’m so sorry. I would be livid.

960F9FE9-3D3C-4B61-B214-5A5529120D40.jpeg :confused::mad:o_O
More at link
WOBURN, Mass. —

A Woburn pastor emailed his congregation on New Year's Eve to inform members of a COVID-19 outbreak linked to the church's Christmas Eve celebrations.

A representative of Woburn's Board of Health told NewsCenter 5 they are aware of the outbreak linked to the Christmas Eve events, but would not confirm the number of related cases because contact tracing is still occurring.

Michael Davis, lead pastor of GENESIS Community Church in Woburn, wrote in his message that 44 people had tested positive for the virus so far, including staff and congregants. He said all 44 people had attended one of four Christmas Eve gatherings at the church.

View attachment 277632 :confused::mad:o_O
More at link
WOBURN, Mass. —

A Woburn pastor emailed his congregation on New Year's Eve to inform members of a COVID-19 outbreak linked to the church's Christmas Eve celebrations.

A representative of Woburn's Board of Health told NewsCenter 5 they are aware of the outbreak linked to the Christmas Eve events, but would not confirm the number of related cases because contact tracing is still occurring.

Michael Davis, lead pastor of GENESIS Community Church in Woburn, wrote in his message that 44 people had tested positive for the virus so far, including staff and congregants. He said all 44 people had attended one of four Christmas Eve gatherings at the church.
Ugh. Sooo preventable!!

This reflects massive failure by the present administration who is failing to utilize the federal government. Hopefully the new administration will utilize the federal government with this massive undertaking to get vaccinations into people's arms.

always assumed that the armed forces would roll out and administer this...

Yep! My S
Months after recovering from COVID-19, some college athletes are showing signs of heart inflammation brought on by a rare condition called myocarditis that may be linked to SARS-CoV-2 exposure, doctors reported September 11 in JAMA Cardiology.Sep 14, 2020

I keep reading about college players having heart damage from COVID

College Athletes Experienced Heart Damage After COVID-19 ...

ooners put a whooping’ on the Gators yesterday at the Cotton Bowl but I would have vetoed the game if I could of. It was all in the name of so-called glory. Silly silly boys! Guess both teams thought all’s fair in love, war, sports and COVID-19. Let’s wait and see how many more players and attendees test positive. It ain’t gonna be a pretty new year for them...

if it is real and permanent, not so worth it.... though football has other dangers as well

West Virginia accidentally gives 42 people COVID-19 treatment instead of vaccine
The West Virginia National Guard admitted Thursday that 42 people expecting to receive the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19 were instead accidentally given the Regeneron antibody used to treat infections.

The mistake occurred at a vaccination clinic hosted by staff at the Boone County Health Department, and all of the people who accidentally received the wrong product are being contacted by the department, the National Guard said in a statement.

Medical experts with the Joint Interagency Task Force said they do not believe the individuals given the wrong injection are at risk of any harm.

"The moment that we were notified of what happened, we acted right away to correct it, and we immediately reviewed and strengthened our protocols to enhance our distribution process to prevent this from happening again," Maj. Gen. James Hoyer, adjutant general of the West Virginia National Guard, said in a statement.

That would have required a nationwide plan. :rolleyes: Each state has been doing their own thing since the start so I had no hopes of it changing.

all states are different, and I can see where NYC and WY have different logistics problems, but I still expected military intervention.... am also sure that some people would have found that to be heavy handed and scary but .... IMHO.

Happy new year. :D I’m starting early with New year wishes in hopes I can work up some enthusiasm as the day goes by. The days run together without the traditional gatherings. It’s becoming harder to be happy since missing Thanksgiving and Christmas, now New Year celebrations. Making it past midnight may qualify as an Olympic feat. :p

one year in grad school when we were really busy, a friend and I went outside and said "It's spring?" I have that same tunnel vision feeling that I am out of touch with reality- space, time, etc.

I felt like that about the political rallies. At least Cuomo is requiring covid tests for everyone who has a ticket, and masks on everyone, socially distanced seating.

He definitely buckled to the pressure, but has tried to make some restrictions.

Each person with a ticket will be required in the days leading up to the game to submit to a coronavirus test, which must come back negative in order to attend.
Tailgate parties, a staple of games at Bills Stadium for decades, will be prohibited .... Fans will also be required to cooperate with contact tracing after the game.

Cuomo had faced pressure from Bills fans, team officials, team lobbyists and even some players in recent months to allow some fans to attend the team's home games, which have garnered enormous interest this year as the team became one of the best in the National Football League.

Buffalo Bills will allow some fans in stadium for playoff home game

it is outside, right? or not?

More than 120 staff members at Colorado's two In-N-Out Burgers restaurants have been sickened with the coronavirus, part of an ongoing outbreak that has hit the Colorado Springs location particularly hard.

Eighty staff members from the Colorado Springs restaurant are confirmed positive, according to state outbreak. Another 42 from the Aurora location were also sick. Last week, when the outbreaks were first identified, there were 20 cases in Aurora and 60 in Colorado Springs.

Both outbreaks number among the largest at Colorado fast food restaurants since the pandemic began nine months ago.

Just crazy. Why don’t they shut them down??
Outbreaks at Colorado's In-N-Out Burgers grow, Colorado Springs location hit hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie