Found Deceased MO - Brandon Wood, 23, Mountain Grove, 6 Sept 2015

It's now over a year since Brandon disappeared.

From July 2016:

Wright and Douglas County sheriffs believe he could have been murdered.

"We are to the point and the investigation I don't think he's run off," said Degase. "I think we are in the point he would've contacted his family."

Sheriff Degase says he hopes they are wrong, but all the stories point down that path.

"It does not matter if you're dealing with a group close to him or he's moderately connected to, it all comes back to the same thing," said Degase. "They say he was murdered and his body was dumped in the woods."

They aren't saying why someone would want to kill Wood.

http://www.kspr.com/content/news/Wr...ry-death-mystery-disappearance-386712151.html

September 2016, BBM:

Sheriff Chris Degase with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said his deputies are still actively searching for Brandon Wood, and following up on every lead.

He said police do suspect foul play in Wood's disappearance.

"Week before last, my sergeant actually searched some areas last week, and spent a day searching. I've been interviewing people here that have been in contact with him...

Last September, investigators first reported Wood was last seen entering a gold-colored car in Mountain Grove.

Sheriff Degase said that report has changed.

[Wood] called some folks and he was picked up at the Dollar General here in Ava. From there we were able to track them to a Casey's Store, and from there they went to a residence and we tracked that. From that residence he was alleged to have taken off walking from," Degase said.

Wood has not been seen since he walked away from that house in eastern Douglas County.

http://www.kspr.com/content/news/Searching-for-Brandon-Wood-392510521.html

This is heartbreaking. Poof. Again. Doesn't appear to be much clues except he walked away from a friends. Very sad indeed.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Brandon L. Wood – The Charley Project

brandon_l._wood_1.jpg
brandon_l._wood_2.jpg
brandon_l._wood_3.jpg
wood_brandon6.jpg
brandon_l._wood_6.jpg

Brandon L. Wood

Missing Since 09/06/2015
Missing From Mountain Grove, Missouri
Classification Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Date of Birth 01/23/1992 (28)
Age 23 years old
Height and Weight 5'6, 170 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A green t-shirt, blue jeans and white shoes.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, hazel eyes. Wood has several tattoos, including a full tattoo sleeve on his right arm extending from his shoulder to his wrist, dollar signs on both of his palms, a skull and heart on the left side of his torso, and other tattoos on his abdomen and ribcage. Photos of some of his tattoos are posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance
Wood got into a gold-colored car with some friends in Mountain Grove, Missouri on September 6, 2015. Later that day, he called someone and they picked him up at a Dollar General store in the town of Ava, Missouri in neighboring Douglas County, over thirty miles southwest of Mountain Grove.

Police determined he went to Casey's Store after that, then to a residence in a remote, rugged area elsewhere in Douglas County. He walked away from that residence and has never been heard from again.

An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of Wood's whereabouts, and since his disappearance there's been no activity on his cellular phone or social media accounts. Few details are available in his case, but investigators do not believe foul play was a factor in his disappearance. He may be in southern California.

The human remains found last weekend in a rural area of Douglas County have been identified as those of a man who was reported missing five years ago.

KYTV-TV reports that relatives of Brandon Wood of Mountain Grove reported him missing in September 2015. The skeletal remains were found in an area that had been previously searched.

Authorities say recent home construction turned up new evidence. The remains were identified through dental records.

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said it has identified three people of interest in Wood’s death, but so far, no arrests have been made.
Remains found in Douglas County identified

I would assume he never 'walked away' from the rural residence he was last seen at. I am sure his family knew the worst however what a heartbreaking start to the New Year for them. I hope the people responsible can be charged.

Wood’s sister Maria Eaton-Trimble said it was news she never thought she’d get.

“I was in shock when I seen Sheriff Degase. A brick wall, the wind was knocked out of me,” said Eaton-Trimble.

“Mainly, I’d always think, he’d going to walk through that door and be that loud, obnoxious, brat brother and... he wouldn’t,” she said.

When she got word Wednesday that remains found in rural Douglas County belonged to her brother, she had mixed emotions. Chief among them though, was relief.

“It was joy. I didn’t know if my tears were sad or happy or how to react, just that I was able to bring him home finally and that they actually found him,” Eaton-Trimble said.

The sheriff said one suspect, who was interviewed in 2015 and 2016 was asked to speak to the sheriff’s department after the remains were found. Degase said that suspect immediately asked for an attorney without answering any questions.

Degase said the agencies involved in the initial investigation plan to meet next week to join efforts in finding the truth.

Eaton-Trimble said she’s grateful the officers on her brothers’ case have never given up. She is now hoping for justice.

“I feel sorry for those who were involved,” said Eaton-Trimble. “Five years, how they close their eyes at night knowing, they took someone from someone. He was precious to me.”
Family reacts after skeletal remains of missing man identified; Douglas County Sheriff updates on investigation

Brandon L. Wood – The Charley Project

Last updated December 31, 2020; case resolved.

Details of Disappearance
Wood disappeared from Mountain Grove, Missouri on September 6, 2015. In December 2020, his skeletal remains were found in Douglas County, Missouri. Authorities have three persons of interest in his death, which is under investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back