GA GA - Rhonda Coleman, 18, Hazlehurst, 18 May 1990

Welcome aboard. You'll find a lot of people with varied backgrounds on the website.

From WGXA News - Dated May 22, 2020

What Happened to Rhonda Sue Coleman?

"Colman's car was found just up the road. The GBI gave us exclusive access to an evidence photo of it for this report so you can look at it carefully. Lights on. Door open. Her parents said she would only stop for someone she knew. "Definitely, most definitely," Milt said. "She would not pull over for someone if she didn't think she knew them, or possibly a blue light," Gayle added."

There is a transcript of the video which can be found here:

youtube.com/watch?v=qUGCd-QoAaE

Does anyone know if the license plate on the truck's owner which pulled up next to her car was ever ID'd?

Also - was anyone from her school or workplace MIA for a few days between the time her car was found running, and when the decedent was found?

Attachments

• TheAtlantaConstitution_GA_May_26_1990.jpg
    TheAtlantaConstitution_GA_May_26_1990.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12
*Forgive the lengthy post but...here goes.

Hello all, my name is Sean Kipe and I am currently producing a documentary project and full private investigation into the murder of Rhonda Sue Coleman. I know from searching forums like this, many people have been hoping someone like myself would come along and take on this case, and I truly hope that I can help to make a difference and provide some closure for the Coleman family, Rhonda's friends, and the community of Hazlehurst as a whole. 30 years is too long to not have answers, especially in a town as small as Hazlehurst. I was contacted by Private Investigator Jody Ponsell (also on this forum) initially and asked to pursue this case and am in contact with the family, so I have been briefed. Here's what I'm looking for on WebSleuths:

I am aware of several suspects named in the case. Probably the same ones you (locals) would point to. I would like to speak with ANYONE who knew Rhonda personally, had contact with her in the days/weeks leading up to her murder, or that remembers ANY details in the following days, including the search. No detail or recollection is too small. Did you go to school with her? Were you at the banner painting party? Do you know anyone else that was close to her? Was there gossip around town before or after her murder? Anything helps.

As well, anyone that knows the likely suspects personally (or did around the time of the crime) I'd like to speak with you. Do they have any enemies that may have dirt on them? Anyone I speak with or am put in touch with may choose to remain anonymous if they wish, let me know you would like to speak and I'll give you my private contact info.

And I will put this out there now - as the project continues to develop, there will be a substantial REWARD for anyone providing information that results in the arrest and conviction of Rhonda's killer/s. Soon, the world will know Rhonda's name, and they will hear her story. This is the only promise I can make. Thanks for reading!

I am just starting to dig into this case. I stumbled across this thread after Googling for more info while listening to a new podcast.
‎Fox Hunter on Apple Podcasts
I am only a few hours away from Hazlehurst so my interest is high. How can I help?

Foxhunter is a compelling podcast and this is a heartbreaking case. So many leads not properly followed up. Such lack of transparency and slow-rolling of the investigation. The drug trade, the sherrif, it all screams “cover-up”. I’m angry that the lives of young women are treated with such casual indifference.

Here is a recent article on the case

'May 1, 2023
Georgia's new cold-case law is called the Coleman-Baker Act, to honor families like Rhonda Coleman's. She was murdered in May 1990.'

Following the tip in a post above, I located the Fox Hunter podcast (on Player FM) and spent the last couple of days listening to every episode. The last episode was dated "a year ago", as it says. It seems like the case should have been solved by now. Has there been any significant movement?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back