KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, fatally shot multiple times by LE, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020 #2

A state board has declined to fulfill Tamika Palmer’s request to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the police killing of her daughter Breonna Taylor, which took place in Louisville on March 13.

The Prosecutors Advisory Council voted unanimously against Palmer’s request on Friday. Citizen participants on the web call reacted immediately to the vote, speaking up to voice their opposition.

Chris Cohron, a member of the nine-person council, said the body did not have the authority to grant the request. Cohron is the commonwealth’s attorney for Warren County.
No New Special Prosecutor In Breonna Taylor Killing

One of the EMTs who responded to Breonna Taylor's apartment on the night of her fatal police shooting didn't know she'd been shot until his ambulance had already transported the wounded police officer to the hospital.

William Smith, a Louisville Metro EMS emergency medical technician, told investigators in a newly released interview that he overheard what he thought were police officers discussing the other person — Taylor — while at University of Louisville Hospital.

"I just remember hearing somebody else needed help, and I was just like, 'Wow. That would've been nice to have known,'" Smith said during the June 24 interview...

Still, Smith told investigators, he would've liked to have had the chance.

"I want justice," he said. "I don't know if Jon (Mattingly) did it, I don't know if the other officer in the car did it. But if Jon did do it, I feel bad. I would've rather had a chance to save Breonna."

Breonna Taylor shooting: EMT didn't know she'd been shot (courier-journal.com)

https://autoinquirer.com/lifestyle/...5vhk27jPnrqvnJXZWkPg41wo7nomxm-XTgMCS8JyDGl08

here is the document
133834614_10102626604704939_1632917416416935000_n.jpg

134343617_10102626604714919_4120303680933813656_n.jpg

Now that LMPD has finally admitted that the warrant was obtained by lies, will this make is easier to get a different special Prosecutor and Grand Jury? Because all of the Officers in this screwed up raid need to at the very least be fired, but for me they need to put before another Grand Jury for indictments for more than wanton endangerment of 1 officer.

Looks like Cosgrove may be next to go

Louisville police seek to fire detective who got search warrant for Breonna Taylor's home
Tessa DuvallDarcy Costello
Louisville Courier Journal

View Comments

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Louisville Metro Police Department is moving to fire an officer who sought the no-knock search warrant that led seven detectives to Breonna Taylor's apartment the night she was fatally shot.

Detective Joshua Jaynes received a pretermination letter Tuesday after a Professional Standards Unit investigation found he had violated department procedures for preparation of a search warrant and truthfulness, his attorney said.

Attorney Thomas Clay said he was told by Jaynes that Detective Myles Cosgrove, who the FBI concluded fired the shot that killed Taylor, also was served with pretermination paperwork.

Cosgrove's attorney, Jarrod Beck, declined to comment when reached by The Courier Journal.

Jaynes has a hearing with interim Chief Yvette Gentry and her staff Thursday morning.

"Detective Jaynes and I will show up for the pre-termination hearing to try to convince acting Chief Gentry that this action is unwarranted," Clay said. "Jaynes did nothing wrong."

A nine-month timeline shows how her death changed Louisville

The department had previously fired Detective Brett Hankison in June for "blindly" firing 10 rounds into Taylor's apartment. He now faces three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment.

Jaynes was not present at Taylor's South Louisville apartment during the shooting, but about 12 hours earlier, he secured a warrant with a "no-knock" clause from a Jefferson Circuit judge.

New documents in Brett Hankison case add details about Breonna Taylor shooting

Previously: 'Rogue' unit or targeted initiative? Why police's new place-based squad is causing a stir

This story will be updated.

Reach Tessa Duvall at tduvall@courier-journal.com and 502-582-4059. Twitter: @TessaDuvall.

i am going weigh in.... and i'll start by saying i thought George Floyd killing was one of the worst things i've ever seen. and that would not have happened to a white person (i don't think)

the Breonna Taylor situation seems different.......... i think perhaps the issue here is police conduct in general and not racial issues......

seems to me that the whole "police and blacks" is nowhere near as simple as either side makes it out to be....... i think police need to improve in many ways (and change systemically and in many different ways). but i also think they need more recognition of the fact they do a very difficult job and no one is ever adequately trained to go down a dark alley with a potentially armed suspect. to say "he only had a cell phone" or "he was shot in the back" are way too simplistic (obviously if someone in shot in the back 5-10 times that's different).
anyway, to me there is lots of complexity to this subject... what i like about biden/harris (and obama) is that they will bring people together. and maybe everyone can discuss this and understand others better.

i am going weigh in.... and i'll start by saying i thought George Floyd killing was one of the worst things i've ever seen. and that would not have happened to a white person (i don't think)

the Breonna Taylor situation seems different.......... i think perhaps the issue here is police conduct in general and not racial issues......

seems to me that the whole "police and blacks" is nowhere near as simple as either side makes it out to be....... i think police need to improve in many ways (and change systemically and in many different ways). but i also think they need more recognition of the fact they do a very difficult job and no one is ever adequately trained to go down a dark alley with a potentially armed suspect. to say "he only had a cell phone" or "he was shot in the back" are way too simplistic (obviously if someone in shot in the back 5-10 times that's different).
anyway, to me there is lots of complexity to this subject... what i like about biden/harris (and obama) is that they will bring people together. and maybe everyone can discuss this and understand others better.
The problem with this entire case is when LMPD decided to lie to a Judge to get an illegally obtained warrant, had that not happened then anything after that would also have not happened. I am in this community and Louisville has been historically racist, do I think that was the only contributing factor no I don't I think they thought there were large sums of money that they could seize and the did what they had to do to get that end result, and then after the shot the place up and killed an innocent woman they didn't even serve the warrant that night...this case is a mess and has been from jump street.

For those that have not yet seen this, it is a 3-D animation of the raid that was put together by the New York Times, they used the released police reports, the interviews given by the Officers that conducted the raid as well as the swat team that was called in after all hell broke loose, this will give you some idea of exactly what went down in that apartment that night, and if you look after swat took control of the apartment you see one of the officers see Breonna's city worker jacket hanging on the back of her front door and you can tell from the look on his face that it was an "Oh *advertiser censored*" moment. If for some reason you can't get this link to work the NYT also has it in their youtube channel.
How the Police Killed Breonna Taylor - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

@JasonRileyWDRB

Attorney Thomas Clay, who has been representing Det. Joshua Jaynes, went to the pre-termination hearing today
@LMPD
but Jaynes was already inside the chief's office w/ different counsel. Clay sent a letter to the chief saying he doesn't "comprehend" why he wasn't notified.

Attachments

• FAE39322-7553-47B3-AD8B-D89CAE9B33FD.jpeg
    FAE39322-7553-47B3-AD8B-D89CAE9B33FD.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1
The Louisville Metro Police Department has officially fired two detectives for their actions surrounding the raid that left Breonna Taylor, 26, dead in her apartment.

Detectives Myles Cosgrove and Joshua Jaynes are the latest detectives the department has terminated in connection with the fatal police shooting of Taylor.

A third detective, Brett Hankison, was fired in June for "blindly" firing 10 rounds into her apartment.

Cosgrove, who the FBI concluded fired the shot that killed Taylor, was accused of violating procedures for use of force and failing to use a body camera during the March 13 search warrant.

Jaynes, meanwhile, the officer who secured the search warrant for Taylor's apartment, was found in violation of department policy for truthfulness and search warrant preparation.
Two Louisville detectives officially fired in Breonna Taylor shooting (courier-journal.com)

Three grand jurors, speaking anonymously, have since come forward to say that Cameron did not allow the grand jury to consider homicide related charges against the officers for Taylor's death. The three grand jurors said they believe they would have brought criminal charges against the officers if given the chance.

For months, Taylor's name has been a rallying cry for activists protesting the extrajudicial killing of Black men and women. Famed musicians, actors, athletes and politicians had called for the officers' arrests.
2 detectives involved in Breonna Taylor raid are fired

Ms. Taylor’s mother, Tamika Palmer, said her daughter had big dreams and planned a lifelong career in health care after serving as an E.M.T.

“She was a better version of me,” said Ms. Palmer, a dialysis technician. “Full of life. Easy to love.”

“Breonna was a woman who was figuring everything out in her life, who had turned a corner,” said Sam Aguiar, a lawyer representing Ms. Taylor’s family. “Breonna was starting to live her best life.”
What to Know About Breonna Taylor’s Death

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee