Found Deceased AR - Alan Buckels Sr, 63, Little Rock, vehicle found w/ groceries, 18 Dec 2020

Re the news video linked at the beginning of this thread: Since Sr’s phone was found in the van, it seems odd that Jr would say he went from being concerned over his father missing for three days to texting his aunt without mention of trying to contact his father via phone (“went straight to voicemail,” etc). JMO. I suppose it could have been edited out.

Also JMO: If a housemate of mine announces he’s going on a taco supply run, I’d make it my business to know when and where those tacos would be made! :oops:

MOD NOTE

Only members who have been approved as VERIFIED INSIDERS may post inside info without links to MSM or LE sources to substantiate the info. Members who would like to have that privilege must apply for VI status. It may take several days to complete the process, and your ID remains anonymous to members. It is strictly voluntary, but if you choose NOT to become a VI, you may not post inside info or your posts will be removed. Here is a link to explain the steps to becoming a VI:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To other members of Websleuths: please do not quote, reply to, or solicit inside info from members who do not have VI status. That requires more cleanup of TOS violations, and, in some cases, necessitates a thread closure to remove all of those posts. Instead please let a Mod know so that the violation is not perpetuated.

THANK YOU for your continuing efforts to post as respectful and responsible members of Websleuths according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined this forum.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Last edited:
I think it’s important to know was the park where his van was found on his normal route back to his house.
I asked in my previous post if it’s been shared the distance the park is from his home; I’m assuming it hasn’t been shared.
I also wondered if the park in which Sr’s van was found a place he would visit or if his van being there is out of character? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Would someone go buy groceries to cook supper that night if they were planning self harm? I guess it’s possible.

It doesn't make logical sense, but I worked in mental health for a long time. I have seen many people do normal daily life things and the commit suicide in the middle of that. It doesn't mean thats the case here, but him buying groceries doesn't shut the option down, for me.

Police, family working to find Little Rock man missing for more than two weeks | KLRT - FOX16.com

upload_2021-1-4_21-11-46.jpeg

upload_2021-1-4_21-12-14.jpeg

upload_2021-1-4_21-12-31.jpeg
Photos posted on link above

Investigators are working to determine what happened to a man whose vehicle was found in Murray Park in December.

His family last heard from him on December 18th, around 3:00 p.m.

There hasn’t been any evidence of bank activity reported since his disappearance.

Investigators are looking for information from when he left Edwards at 3:24pm on December 18th and when his van was definitely seen parked at Murray Park at noon on Saturday the 19th.

K9s were brought in and found no trace of Alan. Good video from this reporter which gives a good idea where the van was found. Also interview with his son.

Search team brings in dogs to search for missing LR man | KLRT - FOX16.com

Monday a group from out of state brought in dogs to search Murray Park for any sign on Alan Sr.

Little Rock Police said the dogs didn’t find any sign of Alan Sr during the search Monday.

This search is now added to the list of dead ends, along with a drone search from Arkansas state police and a water search completed by Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.

Little Rock Police (@LRpolice) / Twitter
Detectives have developed and updated the clothing description for Mr. Buckles. If you have seen or have any information regarding his whereabouts, please call us at 501-371-4829 or 501-404-3042.
9:02 AM · Jan 5, 2021

Eq-8xtVWMAA1-pT

From the updated flyer:

Mr. Buckels was last seen wearing a light grey hooded jacket, blue jeans, a dark gray shirt, and black shoes.

The son and father appear to live together.
I haven’t lived in Little Rock since 2006 but my family still does. I grew up one street over from the Buckles. My brother and Alan were best friends. I loved Alan Sr. He was a sweet man and super nice. He was definitely a creature of habit but I personally think and worry that he completed suicide at the river. Does anyone know if the police have searched the waters? Murray park is one of the easier spots to get into the river.

Last edited:
I think it’s important to know was the park where his van was found on his normal route back to his house.
I asked in my previous post if it’s been shared the distance the park is from his home; I’m assuming it hasn’t been shared.
I also wondered if the park in which Sr’s van was found a place he would visit or if his van being there is out of character? <modsnip>

Police searching for missing Little Rock man last seen nearly 2 weeks ago | KATV
The family of Alan Buckels Sr., 63, told police that he left his home in the 800 block of N. Pierce Street on Dec. 18 around 3 p.m.

(Refer to video in post #3 for house number)

Edwards Food Giant to 805 North Pierce Street, to Murray Park[/

I tried to load a photo with the route but it says it’s too big. The total trip from the Buckles house to Edwards to Murray was 16 minutes and in opposite directions of his house. The house is 4minutes 1.8 miles to Edwards. Then from Edwards to Murray there are two ways: one is 12 min 5.6 miles the other is 12 4.4 miles. I’m assuming the latter route is the route he would take because it’s the more popular route. Seeing it on a map has me a little shaken. I don’t know what to think now and my heart hurts.

I tried to load a photo with the route but it says it’s too big. The total trip from the Buckles house to Edwards to Murray was 16 minutes and in opposite directions of his house. The house is 4minutes 1.8 miles to Edwards. Then from Edwards to Murray there are two ways: one is 12 min 5.6 miles the other is 12 4.4 miles. I’m assuming the latter route is the route he would take because it’s the more popular route. Seeing it on a map has me a little shaken. I don’t know what to think now and my heart hurts.
Sorry you're having that trouble. When I get that message, I usually have to crop the image to get it to upload.

I am not local to the area but this is the map I came up with showing the Food Giant, the home, and the location where Alan's van was found.

Edwards Food Giant to 805 North Pierce Street, to Murray Park

Screenshot (623).png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74