Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I keep trying to make sense of it but the story just seems so unlikely. Children that age rarely play quietly. If they had wandered off, I would think one of them would have noticed the sudden silence, even if they weren't watching them for a few minutes.
MOO but I believe just the opposite. Kids tend to get super quiet when they were getting into stuff out doing something 'wrong'. For some context, my 2 yr old (at the time) got into ALL my makeup within minutes. My mom and sisters, neices, nephew in our trailer (at the time) and the defeating silence of my youngest and my nephew (they were a few months apart) was what alerted us. They were covered in rouge and eye shadow hues.... Kids get into stuff quickly, they do anything quickly when they want to! Lol again MOO but just goes to show how quick little ones can get into things, get out without even realizing!

MOO but I believe just the opposite. Kids tend to get super quiet when they were getting into stuff out doing something 'wrong'. For some context, my 2 yr old (at the time) got into ALL my makeup within minutes. My mom and sisters, neices, nephew in our trailer (at the time) and the defeating silence of my youngest and my nephew (they were a few months apart) was what alerted us. They were covered in rouge and eye shadow hues.... Kids get into stuff quickly, they do anything quickly when they want to! Lol again MOO but just goes to show how quick little ones can get into things, get out without even realizing!
Yes, that's what I mean. When my daughter was three or four whenever I noticed she suddenly went quiet I would suspect something was wrong. If she was in another room I would go see what she was up to.

Even now that she is a teenager, if I don't hear music playing or her talking with friends in her room I notice. The only difference is, I wait thirty minutes or so before I check on her, while when she was little I would go right away.

With two rambunctious boys, it would be even more noticeable if they suddenly went quiet. Their dad was outside with them for most of the time, from his description of "how it all played out."

Well, I have been working on a Case Archive, but far from caught up.

Here's the link. It is just photobucket for those of you who are not familiar with my Case Archive site. Safe and cell phone friendly now.
I'll do more tomorrow.

Orrin and Orson West -CA-
Great job thank you. Handsome kitty (presuming he is a boy!)

The whole thing of no photos from them makes me crazy too. They surely had some on their social media. I'd be curious to know when they scrubbed their facebook pages, before or after they went missing. If afterwards, wouldn't they say "here's a picture on facebook" to police when asked? And if there was one on their phone, wouldn't the police have made copies for the missing information posters?
Yes, by their own account, they had plenty of time to coordinate and plan with police which photos of the boys they could use. It's been over a week and we haven't seen the "recent" pictures yet.

In terms of pictures on their FB page I don't think we know if they had an account or not. But the mom did say she had more recent pictures on her cellphone.

Gracias. I’m afraid I’m running low on common sense as usual in helpless children’s cases. I know better. Is Bakersfield PD taking lead? I also hadn’t noticed before they took the evidence to Bakersfield.
BBM No, CCPD is the lead agency.

Chief Walker provides update on missing boys | News | desertnews.com
Four agencies are involved in the case, including Kern County Sheriff's Office and the FBI, though California City maintains the lead in the investigation. Walker said agencies are providing peripheral support including analyzing evidence.

JAN 3, 2021
Adoptive family of missing California City boys issues statement | KGET 17
[...]

“Our priority is to find out where our boys are and their safe return. The truth has to and will come to light,” the statement attributed to the West family said Sunday night.

The statement posted to Medium and shared with 17 News also says members of the extended West family have received death threats since Orson’s and Orrin’s disappearances. The statement says family members had been advised to avoid the public because of the intensity and amount of threats they had received.

[...]

We thank those who are standing in the gap by searching as volunteers and fully support all law enforcement agencies in fully investigating all possible scenarios and leaving no stone unturned. For those who have attacked us, wish us harm and ill will — we will continue to pray for you and ask that you direct your energy on helping the actual search.

WEST FAMILY STATEMENT

[...]

JAN 3, 2021
Volunteers look for Cal City missing boys around their former apartment in Bakersfield | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

TW and JW and their 6 kids, lived at Casa Loma Apartments, in Bakersfield. They moved from Bakersfield to California City in September.

Sunday afternoon, around forty people used drones, dogs, trash pickers and their eyes and feet to look for any sign of Orrin and Orson West. ...

[...]

There were several times this afternoon when people found something they thought could be of interest to police, when that happened, someone would take a picture of what was found. The group says those pictures will be sent to Bakersfield Police for further examination.

Bakersfield residents search for two missing California City boys | KGET 17
[...]

On Saturday – one search party found a Christmas present that had one of the boys’ names on it. But 17News found it was the same present a neighbor had dropped off in front of the adoptive parents’ house last Monday – a week after the boys were reported missing. The search continued today – but this time in Bakersfield – around 70 miles west of California City.

[...]

Bakersfield street media organized todays search at the Casa Loma Apartments near the Municipal Airport. ...

[...]

For a few hours – locals scanned the area. They combed through nearby fields, canals, and dump sites – notifying bakersfield police of any notable discoveries.

[...]

Last edited:
I'm lying here thinking what scenario would lead to fools adopting two kids then hurting them q tz
I’m thinking neglectful unintentional fatal injury. I just can’t see intentional homicide here. Two little boys. At the same time? Maybe accidental poisoning, left in a hot car; how else? It’s always the cover up that takes you down. (Nixon) Panicked adopters?
View attachment 278003
https://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/lc-charts/leading_causes_of_death_by_age_group_2018_1100w850h.jpg

I'm lying here thinking what scenario could possibly lead to someone allegedly killing not one but two kids that they choose to bring into their home.
In terms of accidental that's the only thing that could make sense, left in hot car.
I'm hoping to see Found Safe when I sign on one day. I"m really scared for children during this pandemic. Alot of homes are going unchecked.

Sunday afternoon, around forty people used drones, dogs, trash pickers and their eyes and feet to look for any sign of Orrin and Orson West.

California City Police say they have talked to every neighbor on the street and they say they never saw the boys there.

That's why concerned community members wanted to continue the search efforts from the desert in California City, to Bakersfield.

"We're trying to cover the grounds, to help give law enforcement that maybe short handed, a hand," Sara Williamson, Coordinator for the search party, said. "Hope is never lost, no. No, never lost."

There were several times this afternoon when people found something they thought could be of interest to police, when that happened, someone would take a picture of what was found. The group says those pictures will be sent to Bakersfield Police for further examination.
Volunteers look for Cal City missing boys around their former apartment in Bakersfield

The statement posted to Medium and shared with 17 News also says members of the extended West family have received death threats since Orson’s and Orrin’s disappearances. The statement says family members had been advised to avoid the public because of the intensity and amount of threats they had received

Meanwhile, the family said it is still in shock over the boys’ disappearance nearly two weeks ago and are fully cooperating with authorities and ask that anyone with information contact the California City Police Department at 760-373-8606, the Bakersfield Police Department at 661-327-7111 or the FBI Field Office in Los Angeles at 310-477-6565.
Adoptive family of missing California City boys issues statement | KGET 17

FOX26

Last edited:
The statement implies in multiple places that it was put out by the family and NOT the parents. It goes on to indicate that the family is unaware of what happened and desires for the truth to come out. It is interesting to see the lack of defense of the parents in the statement, in my opinion.

“On Monday December 21 our youngest two grandchildren/nephews/cousins were reported missing by their parents in California City.”

Notice the statement even says they were reported missing on the 21st “by their parents”, not that they actually went missing on that day.

Last edited:
The statement implies in multiple places that it was put out by the family and NOT the parents.

The statement implies the family is unaware of what happened and desires for the truth to come out. It is interesting to see the lack of defense of the parents in the statement, in my opinion.

“On Monday December 21 our youngest two grandchildren/nephews/cousins were reported missing by their parents in California City.”

Notice the statement even says they were reported missing on the 21st by their parents, not that they actually went missing on that day.
You are correct. Thank you. Your message prompted me to reread the family statement in its entirety for complete comprehension. I’m always amazed when community members are accusatory of family not searching for their missing love ones. It makes no sense. Of course, LE advises close family members to avoid any sense of contamination of possible crime scenes. Still ~ Orson and Orrin’s names have yet to be used in formal statements.
upload_2021-1-4_3-20-47.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I have been working on a Case Archive, but far from caught up.

Here's the link. It is just photobucket for those of you who are not familiar with my Case Archive site. Safe and cell phone friendly now.
I'll do more tomorrow.

Orrin and Orson West -CA-

Thank you so much you & all your hard work is so appreciated!!

In past cases like angels Gannon, baby Evelyn & even earlier our beautiful soul Sierra’s cases someone did maps with points of interest pinned on it. Do you know who did these or can do them? Can we have one started here for us not familiar with the area?

Again thank you AmandaReckonwith.

If you have any information that can lead to the location of Orrin and Orson and unpack what has happened please contact the following agencies:
FIND OUR MISSING BOYS — ORRIN AND ORSON WEST (OFFICIAL WEST FAMILY STATEMENT)

BBM:
Very interesting especially contextually - in the same sentence the boys names are used. For the first time! I didn’t realize this was part of the family statement. I’ve had my coffee now. My ‘too quick of a glance’ read it as an ending with a repeat of the tip line. Is the family statement a well prepared informative intentionally specifically worded message?

unpack as in open and remove the contents of (a suitcase, bag, box, container or package) to analyze, organize, distribute the contents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam