CANADA Canada - Justin Pollari, 14, St Joseph Island, Ont, 7 Dec 2001

Well that didn't work as well as I thought. The OPP refuse to tell me anything. Maybe Quik X themselves will.

Going back to that night..back to his last night at home.

Snipped...
...There's no doubt that Justin had a troubled life growing up in the village of Desbarats, and later on St. Joseph Island, about a half hour's drive from Sault Ste. Marie. His parents split up when he was a baby. His mother gave up custody to his dad when he was 11. Janis became his stepmom when he was 12. He had stepsisters and stepbrothers in both homes and stayed with relatives when his father, a truck driver, couldn't take Justin on the road. He had learning problems that made school intolerable for him. And he lost his dog. The night that he left, there must have been a fight. He came home around 10 p.m. with a scrape on his upper lip and was extremely upset. At one point, he lunged at his dad.

“That's what we constantly wonder about? What in the world happened to him that night?” McLeod said. Justin said he was in a fight, then changed his story and said he fell.

Thoughts??? or what's the first thing that comes to mind???? :thinking:

Justin's 31st birthday is January 31st................6 days away.................wouldn't it be nice IF!!!!????

Where are you Justin Pollari?!?!?!?

:candle:

Going back to that night..back to his last night at home.

Snipped...
...There's no doubt that Justin had a troubled life growing up in the village of Desbarats, and later on St. Joseph Island, about a half hour's drive from Sault Ste. Marie. His parents split up when he was a baby. His mother gave up custody to his dad when he was 11. Janis became his stepmom when he was 12. He had stepsisters and stepbrothers in both homes and stayed with relatives when his father, a truck driver, couldn't take Justin on the road. He had learning problems that made school intolerable for him. And he lost his dog. The night that he left, there must have been a fight. He came home around 10 p.m. with a scrape on his upper lip and was extremely upset. At one point, he lunged at his dad.

“That's what we constantly wonder about? What in the world happened to him that night?” McLeod said. Justin said he was in a fight, then changed his story and said he fell.

Thoughts??? or what's the first thing that comes to mind???? :thinking:

Justin's 31st birthday is January 31st................6 days away.................wouldn't it be nice IF!!!!????

Where are you Justin Pollari?!?!?!?

:candle:

Terribly sad, hoping that somehow Justin is making his own way in the world, leaving the old one behind.
Could he be a truck driver himself?
Wondering who may have beat him and why that day he came home bumped up a bit, or did he get hurt falling from his skateboard and did not want to tell? imo.

Justin it's hard to write HAPPY birthday, just acknowledging you would be 31 years old today.

No doubt, everyone wishes for you find your way home & today wouldn't be too soon.

Know that people care.

Received an email from NCMEC and it's typically scarce on detail; I'm not sure what "closed" means in this context:

Please be advised that case # 926803 (Justin Pollari missing from Hilton Beach, Canada) has been closed. Thank you for assisting the National Center in the search for missing children.

Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

Received an email from NCMEC and it's typically scarce on detail; I'm not sure what "closed" means in this context:

Could you ask them if Justin has been found? I can't get any information and I really want to know.

This thread is marked as "Recovered/Located". Has he been found? I can't seem to find anything online.

I would like to know what’s going on with this case. I see that it says located at the top and that the NCMEC says it’s closed but I don’t Understand why. My husband was friends with Justin and knows his family well and they have not heard anything about him being located and don’t understand why the case would be closed.

Last edited:
I would like to know what’s going on with this case. I see that it says located at the top and that the NCMEC says it’s closed but I don’t Understand why. My husband was friends with Justin and knows his family well and they have not heard anything about him being located and don’t understand why the case would be closed.
Welcome to Ws viper-83!
Agree, unusual case that seems to open and close, no idea what is going on in that regard. imo.

STILL MISSING.
Missing Children Database: Justin Pollari

“Justin missed so many milestones to celebrate with his parents. They are still missing their boy and we hope that the public can provide information to help them find answers”
— MissingKids.ca Caseworker''

Date of birth:
Jan. 31, 1987
Missing since:
Dec. 7, 2001
Missing from:
Hilton Beach, Ontario, Canada
Eyes:
Blue
Hair:
Blond
Height:
5'11" / 180 cm
Weight:
146 lbs / 66 kg
Additional information:
Justin Pollari was last seen at his home in Hilton Beach, ON. At the time of his disappearance, Justin was known to wear two earrings in his left ear and often wore his hair in a Mohawk style. Justin has a dimple in his chin''

Hmmmm I tried to look up why and when NCMEC would close a case but I can’t get any answers. I’m confused why this thread is marked “Recovered/Located.”

Could you ask them if Justin has been found? I can't get any information and I really want to know.
I will write to a moderator here and hopefully we can find out what is going on, as Justin is still listed on our Canadian gov't missing persons list.

Justin is still listed as missing with the OPP, missingkids.ca - Justin Pollari (which was updated 04/26/18)

Am moving this thread back to Missing. Not sure why his file was closed with NCMEC but wondering if it was because he aged out once he was no longer a minor.

Justin is still listed as missing with the OPP, missingkids.ca - Justin Pollari (which was updated 04/26/18)

Am moving this thread back to Missing. Not sure why his file was closed with NCMEC but wondering if it was because he aged out once he was no longer a minor.
This should not be a reason, there are many cases on NCMEC where the mp is meanwhile no minor (just was looking again and there is another Justin missing since 2001, now being 32). Maybe it was some change of responsibilities which led to a mistake :-(
But i have to admit, i have not seen before a Canadian case there, i did not know that it is possible to register RCMP cases there.

Well that didn't work as well as I thought. The OPP refuse to tell me anything. Maybe Quik X themselves will.
I am creating a new podcast on missing person cases with the goal of spreading awareness and finding answers. Season One will be investigating Justin's case. If you are willing to speak with me regarding the case please send me a message <modsnip: please do not post personal information>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back