OH Loraine “Lori” Lynn, 60, Body 'staged' on tractor submerged in pond, 1 Aug 2017

dotr

Reaction score
Lengthy article with many details..
Search continues in Liberty death
January 03, 2021
''LIBERTY — The family of a Ravenna woman, whose body was found on a tractor submerged in a pond on Shannon Road property owned by her mother, continues to seek answers in the cold case ruled a homicide.

The family also has tapped former FBI agent Bob Friedrick of Brecksville as its lead investigator.

Loraine “Lori” Lynn, 60, died sometime between Aug. 1 and 2, 2017. Her body was found on Aug. 2 on the tractor with her face submerged in one of the family ponds.''

''The family’s website — www.whokilledlorilynn.com — solicits tips from the public to help solve the case. The website also re-creates the events of the last day of Lori Lynn’s life:

She had left her Ravenna home on the morning of Aug. 1 to pick up her mother, Wanda Pullin of the Shannon Road address, to take her to the Trumbull County Courthouse in downtown Warren. Records showed Lynn called her mother several times but was not able to make contact. She pulled into her mother’s home in her new 2017 Nissan Pathfinder to find her mother not home.

According to the website, Lynn left her mom’s house a short time later, most likely to search for her. She was gone for about 30 minutes when the Pathfinder returned to the Shannon Road address.

The car did not pull into the driveway, but instead went over grass behind the residence. The next day it was found parked behind the barn in an area strewn with glass and construction debris.''

''Lynn was retired from Teamsters Local 66 Operating Engineers as a heavy equipment operator. She had operated vehicles bigger than tractors for three decades and had retired only the year before.

‘NO WAY’

One of her former co-workers stated: “There is no way Lori could have driven the tractor into the family pond. Absolutely no way!”

rbbm.
3News Investigates: Who staged Lori Lynn's murder? | wkyc.com
442ae5d9-3203-4470-a365-5e86989603f7_1920x1080.jpg

''GIRARD, Liberty Township — Lori Lynn was practically raised on tractors, growing up on the rolling acres outside her family home in rural Liberty Township.

A tomboy as child, she blazed a career working construction in heavy machinery, plowing her way through all the ascribed gender norms.

"She loved it," her daughter Samantha Lynn recalled. "It was a man's job and she fought her way up the ladder, and she was good at what she did."

''Her life’s work only contradicted how she died, or at least how someone wanted her death to appear.''
''The division was foreshadowed from the family pond where Lori Lynn’s body was found, atop a tractor. Police were called, and the case was quickly closed, the Lynn family said.

It was, by police accounts and the killer's design, a tragic accident. Somehow, they rationalized, the former tomboy crashed the tractor into the pond and drowned.

Several months passed before the county coroner tossed away the accidental death theory. Instead, a homicide investigation was born.''

''The pond scene--the crashed tractor with Lynn’s body face down--was all staged, an elaborate effort to cover the work of a killer who likely strangled the 60-year-old woman. Diane Pullin said she never believed her sister died by accident.''

''Security cameras captured the killer driving Lynn’s car, taking a circuitous route toward the pond, which Friedrick claims was all in a failed effort to avoid detection.''

"There's only a handful of people that knew where the cameras are," said Samantha Lynn, "where they point…how to avoid them.

"We have had some family history with feuds, and we truly believe it was someone that knew her."

Warming up Liberty cold case
WEBlib-cold-case2-237x300.jpg

''A key piece of evidence in the investigation into the death of Loraine “Lori” Lynn, 60, was the tractor on which her body was found more than three summers ago in a pond on property off Shannon Road in Liberty. A forensic study of the piece of equipment conducted by a Florida engineer might provide some clues, but a website set up by Lynn’s family stated the tractor has since been scrapped. Submitted photo''

This really threw me off - This took place in Ohio but the heading says NJ - I was wondering why I had never heard of it

This really threw me off - This took place in Ohio but the heading says NJ - I was wondering why I had never heard of it
Thanks for the heads up- looked up the name and thought it was in NJ, but you are right- this happened in Ohio, will alert.

rbbm.
Murder case of woman found in Liberty pond remains unsolved 2 years later | WYTV
lori-lynn-dead-liberty-pond-murder.jpg

''Lynn was found face-down in a pond on her mother’s property in August 2017.

Her death was ruled accidental at first but in 2018, the late Trumbull County Coroner Humphrey Germaniuk changed it, saying she died at the hands of someone else. He noted the crime scene looked staged.

“We believe that maybe someone knows something out there and may be afraid to come out and speak,” Meloro said. “We want to let them know we’ll do anything we can to keep their identity confidential.”

Anyone with information on Lynn’s case is asked to call the Liberty Police Department tip line at 330-539-9830.''

The family website is interesting, especially the engineering report found in the evidence section.

So the ex husband and her brother found her, discrepancies between the two on how her body was situated.

The brother lived near the same property, Where exactly? And where was he at 1136am that day when Loris car pulled away from her mums? The court attendance was for something related to property, I'd sure like to hear more about that.

2019 rbbm.
Daughters of woman found dead in pond sue Liberty officials
''Loraine Lynn’s body was found Aug. 2, 2017, on a small tractor partially submerged in her mother’s pond. She had been missing since Aug. 1, and was found by her brother, Howard “Chip” Pullin, and her ex-husband, Timothy Lynn, after frantic calls by Corrine and Samantha.

Police initially deemed her death a tractor accident, but her family remained suspicious because she had operated equipment such as excavators for decades.

Former Trumbull County Coroner Humphrey Germaniuk ruled Loraine Lynn’s death a homicide six months after her body was found. According to the complaint, the coroner told the daughters Loraine had no water in her lungs and had apparently died before entering the water.''

''Security footage showed Loraine’s car pulling back into her mother’s property not long after she had initially left to handle her father’s estate papers
, the lawsuit says. The car had been parked behind a barn on top of glass and other rough materials, out of sight of the cameras.''

The brother lived near the same property, Where exactly? And where was he at 1136am that day when Loris car pulled away from her mums? The court attendance was for something related to property, I'd sure like to hear more about that.

Pretty sure the brother's address is 1305 Shannon Rd, which is probably very close to his mothers residence. Trying to find her address is proving more difficult than I thought, but I did find this bit from an article," "I have not been able to grieve because of all the allegations," Lynn’s brother Chip told 3News Investigates, however lives next door to his childhood home and was one of the first to find Lynn’s body. He denies any involvement, ... "
And another quote from Lori's daughter Samantha(from the same article linked), "We have had some family history with feuds, and we truly believe it was someone that knew her."
My speculation is it has something to do with the property papers that Lori & her mother were going to sign that day.

So many unanswered questions, but isn't that the allure of cold cases?
Where was her mother when she went to pick her up? Why wasn't she answering? What kind of animosity was there between Chip and Lori?
Certainly, he's one of the few people who have no alibis for that day. Kim (his wife) and his mom were out shopping from presumably 12:45 pm (ish, my own assumption) and returned home around 2 pm. They had dropped Chip off at home before going shopping, and the trip was only about 15-20 mins away from home. The receipt from the grocery is dated 1:29 pm, takes them a little bit to load up groceries, then they arrive home around 2.
A few weird things.
Just 40 mins before Kim & Mom go to leave for the store- Mom is AWOL according to Lori/ her phone logs of trying to get in touch with her. So, where is she?
Lori had just arrived at her mom's house around noon, she let herself in, grabbed the papers she needed & left to search for her mom further at approx 12:36 pm.
Now- we have Lori in search of her mom, Chip is home alone and her mom & Sister in law are out shopping. I'm unsure of anyone else's whereabouts because the local LEO's decided not to interview or get statements from any of the FOUR PEOPLE who were there when Lori was found in the pond, Thanks, guys! (eye roll)
Another item to note, Chip is the one who installed his mother's security cameras, and I'm not really trying to pin it on him, but when you have no alibi, you're one of the people who found the body, AND you're refusing a polygraph? My dude- you just made yourself top suspect.

I'm so disappointed with how the local officers handled this case. Blatant disregard, no interest to actually solve it, and it just seems like very sloppy police work. I'm shocked they lost their legal case, and that this guy still has his job. The family deserves answers, and Lori certainly deserves peace.

Pretty sure the brother's address is 1305 Shannon Rd, which is probably very close to his mothers residence. Trying to find her address is proving more difficult than I thought, but I did find this bit from an article," "I have not been able to grieve because of all the allegations," Lynn’s brother Chip told 3News Investigates, however lives next door to his childhood home and was one of the first to find Lynn’s body. He denies any involvement, ... "
And another quote from Lori's daughter Samantha(from the same article linked), "We have had some family history with feuds, and we truly believe it was someone that knew her."
My speculation is it has something to do with the property papers that Lori & her mother were going to sign that day.
Hi, I’m the daughter. My grandpa died in late 2016. My mom was helping my grandma with the last parts of his estate switching things over to her name. This particular trip was to file papers on the gas well we have on the property so my grandmas name would be on it. Not my grandpas.

Y
So many unanswered questions, but isn't that the allure of cold cases?
Where was her mother when she went to pick her up? Why wasn't she answering? What kind of animosity was there between Chip and Lori?
Certainly, he's one of the few people who have no alibis for that day. Kim (his wife) and his mom were out shopping from presumably 12:45 pm (ish, my own assumption) and returned home around 2 pm. They had dropped Chip off at home before going shopping, and the trip was only about 15-20 mins away from home. The receipt from the grocery is dated 1:29 pm, takes them a little bit to load up groceries, then they arrive home around 2.
A few weird things.
Just 40 mins before Kim & Mom go to leave for the store- Mom is AWOL according to Lori/ her phone logs of trying to get in touch with her. So, where is she?
Lori had just arrived at her mom's house around noon, she let herself in, grabbed the papers she needed & left to search for her mom further at approx 12:36 pm.
Now- we have Lori in search of her mom, Chip is home alone and her mom & Sister in law are out shopping. I'm unsure of anyone else's whereabouts because the local LEO's decided not to interview or get statements from any of the FOUR PEOPLE who were there when Lori was found in the pond, Thanks, guys! (eye roll)
Another item to note, Chip is the one who installed his mother's security cameras, and I'm not really trying to pin it on him, but when you have no alibi, you're one of the people who found the body, AND you're refusing a polygraph? My dude- you just made yourself top suspect.

I'm so disappointed with how the local officers handled this case. Blatant disregard, no interest to actually solve it, and it just seems like very sloppy police work. I'm shocked they lost their legal case, and that this guy still has his job. The family deserves answers, and Lori certainly deserves peace.
You are pretty accurate in your post. Thank you for sharing truthful information about my moms case.

Cou
The family website is interesting, especially the engineering report found in the evidence section.

So the ex husband and her brother found her, discrepancies between the two on how her body was situated.

Court was to file paperwork. My mom helped switch over things from my grandpas name to my grandpas after he passed. This particular trip was for the gas well on the property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back