Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the death threats:

422 PC states that “any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family’s safety, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

A criminal threat is when you threaten to kill or physically harm someone and
  1. that person is thereby placed in a state of reasonably sustained fear for his/her safety or for the safety of his/her immediate family,
  2. the threat is specific and unequivocal and
  3. you communicate the threat verbally, in writing, or via an electronically transmitted device.1
Criminal threats can be charged whether or not you have the ability to carry out the threat…and even if you don’t actually intend to execute the threat.
Penal Code 422 PC - Criminal Threats - California Law

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=422.&lawCode=PEN

Re: California Adoption Statutes and Administrative Code:
State Statutes Search - Child Welfare Information Gateway

I do not feel critical of the West family's statement. I think it reflects that they are privy to information that we are not. Sadly, I do not think the boys will be recovered alive (although I hate, hate, hate even typing that & I hope that I am completely wrong). As we have seen in other cases, there is often evidence early on in the investigation when children are harmed by family members or someone close to them. IMO

I do not feel critical of the West family's statement. I think it reflects that they are privy to information that we are not. Sadly, I do not think the boys will be recovered alive (although I hate, hate, hate even typing that & I hope that I am completely wrong). As we have seen in other cases, there is often evidence early on in the investigation when children are harmed by family members or someone close to them. IMO
I hope we’re both wrong. I’d bet the farm were not. I agree. They know all LE is comfortable telling them at this point without revealing possible evidentiary information.

I have read the statement a dozen times....

It was a "family statement" and written as such.

There's quite a bit of information in there: Family dynamics, fear of death threats, where in mileage family lives, their shock, informing us of LE interviews and their full cooperation.

I have empathy for this extended family....

It would have meant a great deal more to me if the adoptive parents would have issued their own statement. Pleading with kidnappers and showing fear and concern for what the children are going through. For that matter Orrin and Orrsen's names aren't even used until the end.

This really bothers me...

MOO is: I wanted to see fear in them of who has Orrin and Orrsen. And I wanted to see pleading and begging to a kidnapper, instead the author(s) seems to have the need to justify their own actions.... As another poster said, "I would have recommended a less defensive statement."
IMO the extended family didn't issue a plea to kidnappers because they know there aren't any kidnappers. And IMO they didn't show concern for the well-being of the boys because they believe the boys are beyond needing that concern. JMOO.

All six children are boys.
I wonder if any of the remaining four have been used as imposters of Orrin/Orson?

I hate this case, and I'm dreading the outcome.
Check that dang recycling center in Bakersfield LE; the outside burn pits is a good place to start. Ugh.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I wonder if any of the remaining four have been used as imposters of Orrin/Orson?

I hate this case, and I'm dreading the outcome.
Check that dang recycling center in Bakersfield LE; the outside burn pits is a good place to start. Ugh.

I’ve been trying to find your initial post about the recycling center. You called that early on. I’m glad you posted cause I thought it was the one in CC. A you talking about the Bakersfield WM site?

It is possible that the statements released, written and or oral don't express a need for their welfare because they are beyond help, and the parties involved have processed this., ergo, no concern.
Another consideration - this is an open investigation. Under the circumstances, there isn't a lot the extended family can or should share at this point. JMO-

Yes, she did say that. I think we can put that to rest, the other two boys are not bio-related to Orrin & Orson.

"We have engaged with a team of private investigators and are proactively supporting the official investigation".

I'm curious about the family hiring a team of private investigators? I wonder why they feel that's necessary?
They didn't say " hired" they said "engaged"... PI seeking publicity?

I’ve been trying to find your initial post about the recycling center. You called that early on. I’m glad you posted cause I thought it was the one in CC. A you talking about the Bakersfield WM site?
E Planz & Mt. Vernon are the intersection. Satellite the location and you see outside burning pits.
I want to emphasize i am NOT suggesting anyone at this plant had anything to do with this disappearance.
The location is close to the parent's old apartment, and looks noteworthy to me. If I were LE, I'd want to rule it out. BTW, bone fragments don't burn easily, as any crematory could attest to. Ugh. I'm so disgusted.

The article is so vague. The word under age is used to describe the bodies but then defined as not large enough to be a teenager or adult. That is still a huge age range, from toddler to preteen. That is, assuming that we’re not also including babies.

3 hours is not far when it comes to trying to get rid of bodies, especially when it takes you across the border into Mexico. I would assume that it would make it much harder to prosecute the case here in the United States or even get an accurate forensic investigation.

As far as I know. If bodies are found in another country the case belongs to the other country. And I wrong?

it sounds like it was translated from Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68