Found Deceased Spain - Esther Dingley, from UK, missing in the Pyrenees, November 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be easily melted in segments as they go so I don’t understand the comments saying they are going to wait 5 years for it to melt
So you think search and rescue should melt all the snow in the Pyrenees a little bit at a time during a deadly pandemic to search for a woman with no specific last known location? Interesting.

Where did I say melt the whole of the Pyrenees??? I am talking about a 15km2 radius of where she was last seen bit by bit it could be done it’s an open terrain so it wouldn’t be impossible to find her if the effort was put in ! Regarding the deadly pandemic we could get SAR teams who tested negative and stick within their bubble .

Where did I say melt the whole of the Pyrenees??? I am talking about a 15km2 radius of where she was last seen bit by bit it could be done it’s an open terrain so it wouldn’t be impossible to find her if the effort was put in ! Regarding the deadly pandemic we could get SAR teams who tested negative and stick within their bubble .

That would be 707 square kms of snow to melt. It's not realistic nor possible to melt that much snow.

Am I missing something here , I don’t understand what you mean ? I said 15km square of where she was last seen ?

It is not a criminal investigation as you state but rather a judicial inquiry.

This is my last comment here but I will be following closely as I have done for the last 2 months , I really hope Esther is found soon she seemed like such an amazing person <3

They performed a search of 28 km squared with drones helicopters and ‘on foot’ search team before the snowfall. I just don’t think that they would resume a search in these conditions unless new information or evidence arise pointing to a specific location. That seems reasonable to me.

When Esther met Ballarin and tried to explain her route it differed to her original plan. Some say that Ballarin may have got the wrong impression as they were both liaising in french. I see no reason why he got the wrong impression., provided they could both speak reasonable french.

Hi guys I emphasized the fact that she is English because it would justify English people traveling to Spain or France during a lockdown , “I wouldn’t dream of trying to go to search for her” ,,, well just because you wouldn’t it does not mean other people wouldn’t if there was a solid mission in place , I didn’t say get inexpert websleuths to help find her ,, the UK is full with highly trained and extremely competent professionals who always go above and beyond to help other people , I am not a troll I’ve been following Esthers disappearance every day for the last 2 months and I genuinely feel that something could be done to help find Esther’s body

Snipped for focus.

The wording of your first post seemed very strange to me and more than a little insensitive. Maybe I was wrong about you and if so I apologise.

Am I missing something here , I don’t understand what you mean ? I said 15km square of where she was last seen ?

No, you said, and I copy and paste, "I am talking about a 15km2 radius of where she was last seen..."

The key missing word, "radius" changes the description significantly. In any case, melting even two square kms of snow in a remote area is sadly, not an option.

May she be found quickly. God rest her soul.

The police doing additional investigations, along with a judicial review is normal when anyone disappears. Nothing can be ruled out until the person, or a body is found, regardless of what is considered the most likely explanation. So the various scenarios will always be in peoples minds. Very tough on the partners and family who have to live with not knowing, and people's speculations.
The question marks will always remain until the unknown becomes the known as in the exceptional case of Ian Stewart, in the UK whose first wife's death had for some years been considered a health issue until his conviction for the gruesome murder of his subsequent partner, initially a missing person. There will be other examples to be found on this site.
Helen Bailey murder: Fiance Ian Stewart guilty of killing author as police re-examine death of first wife
Trial date set as Ian Stewart pleads not guilty to murder of wife Diane
Meanwhile the innocent families in these cases have to live in doubt, and some under suspicion. Often following gruelling police attention and with their lives picked to pieces, and then left on hold for various amounts of time. The emotional impact must be huge, with some people withdrawing and others becoming active as DC did initially, and as we saw in the Susan McClean case on here.

Last edited:
I find this suggestion pretty odd. I have followed this case since the beginning as I had coincidentally read the BBC blog about their travels a week before Esther disappeared. I live in London. I wouldn’t dream of trying to go to search for her. We have a national lockdown, which prohibits unnecessary travel. Flights are limited and we would have to quarantine after returning from the Pyrenees. How would in-expert sleuths search the mountains in snow in the middle of winter? How daft would that be - UK searchers getting lost or stuck in snow in the mountains?
You know it is strange that we all saw the BBC interview, that was released to coincide with some more books they were releasing, completely understand they were marketing there, it’s how they make their money,.. BUT then she disappears. I go back to what we have discussed before, was it too much publicity and someone used the opportunity as we could all see what she was up to in terms of solo hikes etc,.. why wasn’t it just another solo hiker? Why her in particular to go missing when she is already in the news,.. I can’t answer that but it bothered me from the beginning of this thread. Probably why we are all so interested,... just so many things don’t sit right. I also think the two older guys mentioned earlier,: the lift guy and the guy running the refuge could be opportunists,... I don’t think she had an accident,.. To fit for that.

FYI

ErB8LQ5XIAAzs9Z

Spain records lowest temperature ever at -34C

Heavy snow and icy winds blasted Spain as temperatures plumetted to -34.1C, the lowest ever recorded on the Iberian peninsula, the State Meterololgical Agency said on Wednesday.

The chilling temperature was recorded at Clot del Tuc de la Llanca in Aragon in the Spanish Pyrenees at 5.19 a.m., the agency said.

This was two degrees lower than in 1956, when temperatures of -32C were recorded in Estany-Gento, in Lleida, in northeastern Spain.

More heavy snowfall is forecast for much of central and northern Spain with temperatures expected to fall -11C.

BBM

Clot del Tuc de la Llanca is about 50 kms as the crow flies east from Benasque. It is located in Catalonia, not in Aragon.

And it is getting colder in Spain:

https://twitter.com/P4Estacions/status/1347077116790251521

NOU RÈCORD DE TEMPERATURA MÍNIMA A LA PENÍNSULA IBÈRICA

Una estació situada a Vega de Liordes (Picos de Europa) ha assolit a les 07:08 una temperatura de -35,6ºC, superant el rècord assolit ahir al Clot del Tuc de la Llança

NEW MINIMUM TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR THE IBERIAN PENINSULA

A station located in Vega de Liordes (Picos de Europa) had a temperature of -35.6ºC at 7:08 a.m., exceeding the record set yesterday by the Clot del Tuc de la Llança

BBM

The mountain ridge Picos de Europa is located in the north west of Spain, in the province of León.

The police doing additional investigations, along with a judicial review is normal when anyone disappears. Nothing can be ruled out until the person, or a body is found, regardless of what is considered the most likely explanation. So the various scenarios will always be in peoples minds. Very tough on the partners and family who have to live with not knowing, and people's speculations.
The question marks will always remain until the unknown becomes the known as in the exceptional case of Ian Stewart, in the UK whose first wife's death had for some years been considered a health issue until his conviction for the gruesome murder of his subsequent partner, initially a missing person. There will be other examples to be found on this site.
Helen Bailey murder: Fiance Ian Stewart guilty of killing author as police re-examine death of first wife
Trial date set as Ian Stewart pleads not guilty to murder of wife Diane
Meanwhile the innocent families in these cases have to live in doubt, and some under suspicion. Often following gruelling police attention and with their lives picked to pieces, and then left on hold for various amounts of time. The emotional impact must be huge, with some people withdrawing and others becoming active as DC did initially, and as we saw in the Susan McClean case on here.
Thanks for that, interesting to compare to previous cases, they may hold some clues.

This is my last comment here but I will be following closely as I have done for the last 2 months , I really hope Esther is found soon she seemed like such an amazing person <3
Please continue commenting, I got loads of hassle when I started, breaking the rules etc. but people will eventually get used to all us newbies ! And our posts will get better, and it important to get a broad range of opinions. Especially from us Irish (I’m originally from Wexford but in UK now).

It's not a criminal investigation because it's 98% certain she became lost and perished while hiking.

Searchers aren't traveling from the UK because the UK is under lockdown and both countries Esther was traveling in have more than enough trained SAR to do the job. The area is buried under snow and at this point no highly-skilled searcher with cadaver dogs could find her, much less a troop of random people from the UK. Esther went missing in a vast area and if she's recovered, it will likely be by a hiker who comes upon her once the snow melts.

IMO JMO.

I agree. Additionally, the effort to rescue the soccer team was done because the boys and their coach were still alive, it was a rescue operation. That’s not the situation here, ED has been missing long enough that any efforts to locate her would be a retrieval operation and that is not being conducted at this time due to several factors, IMO. These factors include consideration for the safety of the searchers, the weather conditions, and the worldwide pandemic. IMO. JMO.

My guess, whatever happened, it happened either in an area without phone service or the Whatever Happened separated her from her phone. Unless she was caught completely unaware and had her phone, just no awareness to use it.

It's sad to think her last minutes she may have known she was in trouble, with no way for anyone to find her...

I can't imagine the grief of those who knew and loved her, the not knowing, but I hope somehow they find a some kind of comfort in the majesty of the mountains. Esther seemed at home there.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member