Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to send my best wishes to all of you as we continue to battle this unimaginable horrific tragedy that is causing devastation all over the world. Sincere condolences to any of you who have lost a loved one to the virus. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who have lost a family member or friend or if you or a loved one are battling the virus.

Have we lost any members here as a result of the virus? Or is anyone here seriously ill with it?

I’m really sorry I have not been able to be here to keep updated on how everyone is doing every day. I do care about how all of you and your loved ones are. I am absolutely heartbroken and devastated by the number of people who have lost their lives and all the people who are suffering because of the virus. It has been an extremely distressing time for all of us. I have had to take a step back from following what has been happening with the virus constantly and also the missing persons and murder cases I followed daily. It has been a very difficult struggle to cope with the magnitude of tragedy that has happened and my depression became significantly worse.

Thank you to all of you who have contacted me to see how I am doing I really appreciate your good wishes. I have been trying to stay safe from the virus. I moved to a new apartment which I am really happy to be in. Unfortunately I was in a car accident last year, a car went into the back of mine whilst I was stationary. Thankfully the other driver is ok but I have whiplash. Because I am disabled with spinal problems it has taken longer for me to fully recover but hopefully the remaining additional pain I am in will go away completely eventually.

Best wishes to all of you.

Thank goodness. He's gotten backlash, and changed his mind from Monday's posts here so they now will be getting the vaccines.

"After briefing reporters Monday on plans to deliver coronavirus vaccines to Nebraska meatpacking plants, Gov. Pete Ricketts (R) was asked whether undocumented workers would be included.

“You’re supposed to be a legal resident of the country to be able to be working in those plants,” Ricketts replied. “So I do not expect that illegal immigrants will be part of the vaccine with that program.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/06/nebraska-covid-vaccine-immigrants-meatpacking/

I just wanted to send my best wishes to all of you as we continue to battle this unimaginable horrific tragedy that is causing devastation all over the world. Sincere condolences to any of you who have lost a loved one to the virus. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who have lost a family member or friend or if you or a loved one are battling the virus.

Have we lost any members here as a result of the virus? Or is anyone here seriously ill with it?

I’m really sorry I have not been able to be here to keep updated on how everyone is doing every day. I do care about how all of you and your loved ones are. I am absolutely heartbroken and devastated by the number of people who have lost their lives and all the people who are suffering because of the virus. It has been an extremely distressing time for all of us. I have had to take a step back from following what has been happening with the virus constantly and also the missing persons and murder cases I followed daily. It has been a very difficult struggle to cope with the magnitude of tragedy that has happened and my depression became significantly worse.

Thank you to all of you who have contacted me to see how I am doing I really appreciate your good wishes. I have been trying to stay safe from the virus. I moved to a new apartment which I am really happy to be in. Unfortunately I was in a car accident last year, a car went into the back of mine whilst I was stationary. Thankfully the other driver is ok but I have whiplash. Because I am disabled with spinal problems it has taken longer for me to fully recover but hopefully the remaining additional pain I am in will go away completely eventually.

Happy to hear from you. I'm sorry for all you've been going though. I'm sorry for what we've all been going through. Best wishes to you and your kitty.

Glad to hear from you, and continue to focus on your health and well being. Best wishes @gregjrichards

PIC EXC: Priyanka Chopra and her mother Madhu are caught FLOUTING lockdown | Daily Mail Online

Priyanka Chopra was caught flouting lockdown measures on Wednesday evening when police discovered her attending a hair appointment at the Josh Wood Colour salon in Notting Hill.

The Indian actress, 38, who is currently living in London with her husband Nick Jonas, 28, was pictured arriving at the shop, owned by celebrity stylish Josh Wood, who was in attendance, alongside her mother Madhu before two police officers arrived in a squad car and appeared to order the customers out.

A spokesperson for the Met Police told MailOnline: 'Police were alerted at around 17:40hrs on Wednesday, 6 January to reports of a Covid breach taking place within a hairdressers on Lansdowne Mews, Notting Hill.

'Officers attended and the owner of the salon was given a verbal reminder of the important need to comply with all regulations regarding Covid-19 and signposted to sources of advice. No fixed penalty notices were issued.'

I got suddenly sick early yesterday morning- head ache, nausea, vomiting... but it terrified me. I re-read all the COVID symptoms.... ordered a free test kit from my county; called my health care provider. I never had (and still do not have a fever). I think I just got a noro virus... however it made me realize that any illness these days, even something that I would not have thought about too much a year or so ago is now pretty terrifying.

Was there a data backlog?? Because this is like the US having about 5500-6000 deaths in a day (we may be headed in that direction - the NYE party effects are still ahead).

It's really alarming to see how high the deaths can go once the positivity goes up from about 1% (as in March/April) to 15% or even 30% in some places.

If the new UK variant causes COVID to be asymptomatic in more carriers (which is one theory), that's truly alarming. Of course, mask-wearing and social distancing still works, but the rates are so high in UK (52,000 new cases in one day! US would have to have over 250,000 cases in one day to match that - it's a really high rate of new cases per tests done...).

AZ is as bad, of course, statistically (or nearly so). What does it take for people to really wear masks? Why is it okay for people who are jogging through crowds not to wear masks? (In AZ and in UK)? Should there be more enforcement of mask wearing? I know UK has locked down businesses and told people to stay home, but perhaps they should ask that everyone wear masks - even at home if anyone is going out at all Homes are where much of this asymptomatic transmission is taking place.

The US should do the same thing, of course, but I'm more hopeful that perhaps the UK can do it successfully. Plus, UK is on islands and could really discourage travel and do Australia-like quarantines if they wished.

I got suddenly sick early yesterday morning- head ache, nausea, vomiting... but it terrified me. I re-read all the COVID symptoms.... ordered a free test kit from my county; called my health care provider. I never had (and still do not have a fever). I think I just got a noro virus... however it made me realize that any illness these days, even something that I would not have thought about too much a year or so ago is now pretty terrifying.

I'm so sorry. I'm hearing about this set of symptoms in our community, but the patients are being really careful so it's hard to know how noroviruses are spreading. We've stopped getting prepared foods or takeout for a variety of reasons, but one is that getting any kind of virus right now makes a person really anxious.

I hope you feel better. I agree that any symptoms right now is pretty scary. I got a norovirus from shellfish one time, it was awful.

Was there a data backlog?? Because this is like the US having about 5500-6000 deaths in a day (we may be headed in that direction - the NYE party effects are still ahead).

It's really alarming to see how high the deaths can go once the positivity goes up from about 1% (as in March/April) to 15% or even 30% in some places.

If the new UK variant causes COVID to be asymptomatic in more carriers (which is one theory), that's truly alarming. Of course, mask-wearing and social distancing still works, but the rates are so high in UK (52,000 new cases in one day! US would have to have over 250,000 cases in one day to match that - it's a really high rate of new cases per tests done...).

AZ is as bad, of course, statistically (or nearly so). What does it take for people to really wear masks? Why is it okay for people who are jogging through crowds not to wear masks? (In AZ and in UK)? Should there be more enforcement of mask wearing? I know UK has locked down businesses and told people to stay home, but perhaps they should ask that everyone wear masks - even at home if anyone is going out at all Homes are where much of this asymptomatic transmission is taking place.

The US should do the same thing, of course, but I'm more hopeful that perhaps the UK can do it successfully. Plus, UK is on islands and could really discourage travel and do Australia-like quarantines if they wished.

It is obviously this new strain that’s crippling us. The numbers are completely disproportionate to what we’ve seen before, and that has to be the main reason for it, even allowing for a Christmas related spike. The mask mandate indoors in public places is being adhered to, at least where I live, and has been for months.

We’re now operating on the same lockdown basis as March / April / May - everything shut including schools again - which brought the numbers right down over summer when we had several weeks of the death count being around 10 people per day. We can only hope this lockdown along with the vaccine roll out can get us back under control.

Meanwhile, I just hope that the new strain doesn’t take hold anywhere else like it has here. Keeping everything crossed.

...but the rates are so high in UK (52,000 new cases in one day! US would have to have over 250,000 cases in one day to match that

PS... the USA had 260,973 cases yesterday, so on a par with the U.K. Time will tell if a similar level of death will follow. I really hope not, you guys have enough on your plate so far this year.

PIC EXC: Priyanka Chopra and her mother Madhu are caught FLOUTING lockdown | Daily Mail Online

Priyanka Chopra was caught flouting lockdown measures on Wednesday evening when police discovered her attending a hair appointment at the Josh Wood Colour salon in Notting Hill.

The Indian actress, 38, who is currently living in London with her husband Nick Jonas, 28, was pictured arriving at the shop, owned by celebrity stylish Josh Wood, who was in attendance, alongside her mother Madhu before two police officers arrived in a squad car and appeared to order the customers out.

A spokesperson for the Met Police told MailOnline: 'Police were alerted at around 17:40hrs on Wednesday, 6 January to reports of a Covid breach taking place within a hairdressers on Lansdowne Mews, Notting Hill.

'Officers attended and the owner of the salon was given a verbal reminder of the important need to comply with all regulations regarding Covid-19 and signposted to sources of advice. No fixed penalty notices were issued.'

are there exceptions for actresses in the UK restrictions?

I'm so sorry. I'm hearing about this set of symptoms in our community, but the patients are being really careful so it's hard to know how noroviruses are spreading. We've stopped getting prepared foods or takeout for a variety of reasons, but one is that getting any kind of virus right now makes a person really anxious.

I hope you feel better. I agree that any symptoms right now is pretty scary. I got a norovirus from shellfish one time, it was awful.

have been asking myself if I am mostly isolated and cleaning hands, how did I get this?

but:
Norovirus is enclosed by a structure known as a capsid. Alcohol cannot get through it, which is why alcohol-based hand sanitizers do not kill norovirus. “It's resistant to many common disinfectants,” Hall said. CDC recommends using bleach to kill it, including chlorine bleach or hydrogen peroxide.Jan 30, 2017

5 Things You Didn't Know About Norovirus, the Nasty Stomach Flu

It is obviously this new strain that’s crippling us. The numbers are completely disproportionate to what we’ve seen before, and that has to be the main reason for it, even allowing for a Christmas related spike. The mask mandate indoors in public places is being adhered to, at least where I live, and has been for months.

We’re now operating on the same lockdown basis as March / April / May - everything shut including schools again - which brought the numbers right down over summer when we had several weeks of the death count being around 10 people per day. We can only hope this lockdown along with the vaccine roll out can get us back under control.

Meanwhile, I just hope that the new strain doesn’t take hold anywhere else like it has here. Keeping everything crossed.

How is it in your actual area? I think it's parts of London who have defied mask orders (just going by the couple of walkers who go out every day to crowded places and take videos - obviously, outdoors).

Are people at least considering masks inside their own households if one of them is going out to work or shop? This new variant may have a much larger percentage of asymptomatic carriers who, further, have a higher viral load in the upper respiratory tract.

You all are doing well with the vaccine roll-out, IMO. US will get better/is getting better. It's hard because the very vulnerable take time to innoculate.

I don't think UK will see the vaccine refusal that the US is seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa