OH OH - Seth Svabik, 31, Youngstown, 9 January 2019

Hi to all.... just a small update on Seth. It has now been over 3 months and still no word or clues. About a month ago we had a very heated discussion with the Liberty Police Detective handling the case. We expressed our concern about what we were told by the police and the completely different story we were told by the area businesses that we spoke to. Last week, my husband Tom, had a much more civilized and respectful conversation with him - Finally!! I think he finally understood our frustration and intent and is taking this a little more seriously since it has been so long. The detective showed Tom the grid that was searched by the SAR dogs (which nothing was found) and is going to finally file paperwork needed to subpoena Seth's phone records. There is still that strange activity going on that is supposed to be voicemail related of some kind. This seems to be the only thing that still has activity and the only avenue left to pursue. I still know that someone, somewhere knows something. Thank you all for your concern.

Hi to all.... just a small update on Seth. It has now been over 3 months and still no word or clues. About a month ago we had a very heated discussion with the Liberty Police Detective handling the case. We expressed our concern about what we were told by the police and the completely different story we were told by the area businesses that we spoke to. Last week, my husband Tom, had a much more civilized and respectful conversation with him - Finally!! I think he finally understood our frustration and intent and is taking this a little more seriously since it has been so long. The detective showed Tom the grid that was searched by the SAR dogs (which nothing was found) and is going to finally file paperwork needed to subpoena Seth's phone records. There is still that strange activity going on that is supposed to be voicemail related of some kind. This seems to be the only thing that still has activity and the only avenue left to pursue. I still know that someone, somewhere knows something. Thank you all for your concern.
Thank you for the update! I have been looking for news everyday!

Seth is in NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Hi to everyone.... Sad to say, there has been no information to update on Seth - no leads, clues or anything else. We are still in contact with the Liberty Police Department every so often.... but there has been nothing new to report.
Thank you for thinking of us!
Any news on the subpoena for phone records? Curious what type of SAR dogs were used? I am saddened by the lack of LE action in the case.

he now has a case file on the Charley Project
Seth Thomas Svabik – The Charley Project

circumstances of disappearance:
"Svabik was last seen on January 9, 2019. He was staying at a sober living facility in Niles, Ohio, but after he relapsed on drugs, they asked him to leave.

He tried to check into a Motel 6 on Belmont Avenue in Liberty Township, Ohio at 8:30 p.m. that day, but he was acting paranoid and due to his demeanor, the motel staff refused to rent him a room and asked him to leave. He has never been heard from again. The next day, his belongings were found across the street from the motel."

The lack of attention this case has gotten by local media and LE makes me so angry. It reminds me of another case not long ago where there was so much judgment and opinion against the girl causing a huge hurdle to finally be taken seriously. This young man has a mother and family that love him and must be going through h@ll. So what if he had a drug problem? And so what if he'd been in trouble with the law. Common sense tells you those two facts can go hand in had. Anyone who has every sincerely worked with drug addicts know the pain they are in and most would quit using if they could snap their fingers to be clean. But they can't. There is not one person that doesn't deserve to be searched for if missing. Sorry for the rant. JMO

@BlinkOfAnI that is not a rant. That is human kindness. You speak the truth.

Am I correct that it is quite some miles between the sober house and the motel 6? How did Seth get there? Also I wonder if anyone else was booted from the house the same day and they traveled together? Using alot of times you have a partner/using buddy.

Motel 6 refuses you a room? Upthread somebody said you have to be really really sketchy for that to happen. Maybe someone there has something to do with his missing?

Addicts do not leave their stuff. Your belongings are your life. Not sure of his drug of choice. I can see paranoia with speed, but if he was a heroin addict no way. Just afraid to get sick. Was he paranoid who was waiting on him to get a room?

If you went to try and cop drugs and had all your stuff with you somebody you used with may say they'd watch it. He may have met someone on his way between sober house and the Motel who told him where to score.

Too many scenarios, but not enough to NOT look for this young man. I think he got a ride from whoever like a trick. That freaked him out. Thus paranoid. Went back out. That person said they'd watch his stuff but followed him.

My heart hurts for this family however never give up hope. Never. It's a long time, but it's never too late. I'm surprised Seth had a bank account. Not being unsympathetic at all. You pick up you'll go through every penny.

Seth is cared for. His family has my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back