Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's nothing stopping the man from sharing his ideas using the same tools that everyone else is using to communicate - virtual sessions with Zoom, Teams or one of many other audio/video options. The man has no respect for law or society, and sounds like a foreign politician claiming that his individual rights are more important than societal rights.

I bet there's an interesting story about his education and how he came to have the position he has.

About Henry Hildebrandt of Aylmer - looks like a messy history without much common sense or religion. He seems to doubt medical science.

Henry Hildebrandt, whose church has clashed with authorities in Ontario and California over alleged medical neglect, refused to go to the Aylmer police station last summer to be questioned about his niece, Amanda, who died in her Manitoba home less than two hours after her birth.

Manitoba officials say Amanda's mother, Judy Hildebrandt, went into labour prematurely in June, but she and her husband -- Henry's brother, David -- refused to go to hospital.

On July 4, Family and Children Services in Elgin County took away seven children from Aylmer parents over allegations of medical neglect and excessive corporal punishment.

On July 6, a California toddler died of meningitis, a death caused in part by medical neglect, a coroner ruled. Three previous pregnancies ended in miscarriages or stillbirths. Her parents, formerly of Aylmer, were charged with involuntary homicide and wilful cruelty to a child."​

Pastor refused to help probe into death of newborn niece

I read about prisoners who want the vaccine in the first round because they are older or have health issues, but I completely disagree. Criminals should lose all their societal rights - they should go to the back of the line.

100%!

About Henry Hildebrandt of Aylmer - looks like a messy history without much common sense or religion. He seems to doubt medical science.

Henry Hildebrandt, whose church has clashed with authorities in Ontario and California over alleged medical neglect, refused to go to the Aylmer police station last summer to be questioned about his niece, Amanda, who died in her Manitoba home less than two hours after her birth.

Manitoba officials say Amanda's mother, Judy Hildebrandt, went into labour prematurely in June, but she and her husband -- Henry's brother, David -- refused to go to hospital.

On July 4, Family and Children Services in Elgin County took away seven children from Aylmer parents over allegations of medical neglect and excessive corporal punishment.

On July 6, a California toddler died of meningitis, a death caused in part by medical neglect, a coroner ruled. Three previous pregnancies ended in miscarriages or stillbirths. Her parents, formerly of Aylmer, were charged with involuntary homicide and wilful cruelty to a child."​

Pastor refused to help probe into death of newborn niece

oh boy ...

Airlines are using social influencers to encourage people to vacation, contrary to government recommendations.

"Air Canada launched an ad campaign recently encouraging Canadians to consider flying to vacation destinations such as Hawaii and the Caribbean, as long as the right hygiene protocols are enforced along the way.

"Canadians can be exempt from quarantine and dive directly into island life," an offer on the airline's website reads. "Head to your local Shoppers Drug Mart for a pre-departure COVID-19 test before you leave, so that you can be exempt from quarantine upon arrival in Hawaii."

Because of the Byzantine series of rules that govern travel to different countries, and requirements in different provinces upon one's return, that sort of travel doesn't necessarily violate any enforceable rule, but it does seem to fly in the face of what public health officials have been advising Canadians to do for months now.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said it in no uncertain terms on Tuesday, telling reporters that "no one should be vacationing abroad right now."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-travel-covid-1.5863387

I just checked with my daughter about devices for home schooling. Typically, I think that children don't really need laptops/ipads etc. until Junior High or High School, but children in grade one need learning tech devices today.

If you know of parents with young children who are faced with home schooling, check whether they have the tools they need. An older ipad might make a big difference for Canadian families on a tight budget with young children.

I just checked with my daughter about devices for home schooling. Typically, I think that children don't really need laptops/ipads etc. until Junior High or High School, but children in grade one need learning tech devices today.

If you know of parents with young children who are faced with home schooling, check whether they have the tools they need. An older ipad might make a big difference for Canadian families on a tight budget with young children.
I'm not sure on the status of this Ontario program since the kids returned back to school in September, but previously, back in March when the Ontario schools were closed, the schools were scrambling to ensure that computers and internet access were available to the kids. I'm not sure if they had to then return them once back to school, or if they became the permanent property of the students who received them, or if this initiative is still continuing, or what. Worth looking into though, for any parents needing assistance.

School boards work around clock to get laptops, iPads, devices to students

I'm not sure on the status of this Ontario program since the kids returned back to school in September, but previously, back in March when the Ontario schools were closed, the schools were scrambling to ensure that computers and internet access were available to the kids. I'm not sure if they had to then return them once back to school, or if they became the permanent property of the students who received them, or if this initiative is still continuing, or what. Worth looking into though, for any parents needing assistance.

School boards work around clock to get laptops, iPads, devices to students

Grade One must be at the back of the list regarding learning devices in Ontario. I heard today that there's a "lender" in place while a 5 year old waits for her own device. Imagine being 5 years old, learning the alphabet remotely, technology a fact of life, skipping rope and hopscotch something in books.

Perhaps he should also resign from his job?

Probably. Calgary Mayor Nenshi approved staff vacation travels, so he is the violator of govt non-essential travel regulations. He decided to forgive those staff, approved for international travel by himself, from dismissal.

Canadian snowbirds flock to vaccinate in Florida as rollouts lag north of the border
''OTTAWA - Snowbirds are rushing to get inoculated against COVID-19 down south as provincial vaccine rollouts lag north of the border.

While many of the roughly one million Canadians who flock to sunnier climes most winters have stayed put this year, those who made the migration are signing up for shots.

More than 329,000 people in Florida alone have already received at least one dose, compared to fewer than 207,000 doses administered across Canada as of Thursday, according to one vaccine tracker.''

Florida allows anyone aged 65 and older to sign up for vaccination - at clinics, hospitals drive-thru sites and soon pharmacies - including non-residents and foreigners. County health departments oversee registrations, which can fill up quickly.''

Canadian snowbirds flock to vaccinate in Florida as rollouts lag north of the border
''OTTAWA - Snowbirds are rushing to get inoculated against COVID-19 down south as provincial vaccine rollouts lag north of the border.

While many of the roughly one million Canadians who flock to sunnier climes most winters have stayed put this year, those who made the migration are signing up for shots.

More than 329,000 people in Florida alone have already received at least one dose, compared to fewer than 207,000 doses administered across Canada as of Thursday, according to one vaccine tracker.''

Florida allows anyone aged 65 and older to sign up for vaccination - at clinics, hospitals drive-thru sites and soon pharmacies - including non-residents and foreigners. County health departments oversee registrations, which can fill up quickly.''
Wow. Is it at no-charge for non-residents/foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151