Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

Forgot to add the link for the sketch of Wanda. It also provides a bit more info about her case, if anyone is interested.

Age-progressed sketch shows what Wanda Herr looked in 1976 | KOIN.com

Mary Nun, a detective with the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, said Wanda’s last confirmed sighting by relatives was in June of 1976. Nun said little is known about the teen — who her friends were, if she had a boyfriend or a job. What investigators do know is she had a rough life.

Forgot to add the link for the sketch of Wanda. It also provides a bit more info about her case, if anyone is interested.

Age-progressed sketch shows what Wanda Herr looked in 1976 | KOIN.com

Mary Nun, a detective with the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, said Wanda’s last confirmed sighting by relatives was in June of 1976. Nun said little is known about the teen — who her friends were, if she had a boyfriend or a job. What investigators do know is she had a rough life.

Don't think it's Wanda. She has been found btw. UPDATED: Decades-old skull identified as belonging to young woman who died in 1970s; detectives seek tips | Clackamas County

Yes, that is where the sketch of Wanda is from.

I hardly know how to react to that. I thought at first it had to be someone else photoshopped into the more familiar version. All the other photos in that ABC article are familiar.

But a closer look says it's probably the same person. Her lower face looks bigger because of the tilt of her head. New details such as a zipper are visible on her coat.

She doesn't look as much like Ellen Hover to me at this angle, but I still think on the balance it's probably her. She doesn't look as much like the earlier pic in general as one might expect. It could be the lens is close enough to her that foreshortening matters.

The dark area around her mouth doesn't show so strongly here. Was that just a shadow after all? Not sure. She doesn't look as totally stressed and spooked here. Sometimes new info provides more questions than answers.

And why now? Is this some new initiative by the police? Has some breakthrough occurred? Try: Watch “20/20: The Dating Game Killer" THIS FRIDAY at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

Last edited:
I agree this young woman has very nice teeth. The photo of Wanda was very young though.

Did any of your watch the ABC show? It escaped my mind completely as I do not typically watch TV, and this week has been so crazy otherwise. Going to see if available online.

Edited: I did find on YouTube. Not sure of the policies for links. ABC News official YouTube channel, in parts.

Did any of your watch the ABC show? It escaped my mind completely as I do not typically watch TV, and this week has been so crazy otherwise. Going to see if available online.

Edited: I did find on YouTube. Not sure of the policies for links. ABC News official YouTube channel, in parts.

It was on 20/20 and I bet they replay it a few times. It was produced very well and I was impressed.

It was on 20/20 and I bet they replay it a few times. It was produced very well and I was impressed.

Just finished watching & I thought so too. The footage of the actual crime scenes, and the family members, especially Robin Samsoe's relatives, renewed my interest in combing through NAMUS to see if there is any chance of some overlooked detail that could help.

How brave of Tali Shapiro too. The law enforcement officers description of their interactions made this even more chilling and frankly reading about it was bad enough. So glad you managed to remain safe and I hope more victims and their families find answers.

Forgot to ask: Do you think there is a reason those photos in particular were featured? Or why a second image of this young woman in the fur coat was released?

I did notice one of the women featured is someone who already contacted you and said she was OK. She left Alcala when a group of hikers came by, etc.

This is an additional photo of the original girl. It is absolutely not Ellen Hover.

I still see her there, but the original pic really snaps in as a match for me. The second one is just "consistent with."

Will try to check out the YouTube of the ABC show in the next few days to see if there's anything else new. The surfacing of an unreleased locker pic at this late date is something of a surprise.

Attachments

• Fur Coat Hover Collage.jpg
    Fur Coat Hover Collage.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 45
It is definitely the same girl. Horrifying how he would choke them to the brink of death and then release his grip, over and over. It looks like she has bitten her tongue in the latest pic. I just find it haunting how her hair looks freshly brushed and like the other long haired girls, he drapes their hair to cover their neck and shoulders. Absolute monster of a being!

This girl is heavier than Ellen and has a different nose.

Another question would be a fur coat in July. Watching the 2020 episode, they referenced the 1977 blackout NYC, just prior to Ellen's disappearance. It was July 13-14, and happened during a brutal heatwave. I checked and the temps on the 15th were well into the 90s.

None of the known victims are posted in the photos of unidentified. Why would LE work against itself and post a photo to be identified when he has already been convicted of Ellen's murder? They do look vaguely similar to me (girl in white coat and Ellen Hover), but the girl in the white coat has Hazel eyes and Ellen had very dark brown).

Let's remember that Alcala did not necessarily take photos of every victim and did not kill everyone he took a photo of. It just didn't happen that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back