Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a Facebook page about this disappearance? I didn’t see one. It bothers me if not. Also no missing posters? It’s odd. Something big is missing here. I just can’t figure out what it is.
I agree! I have not see one either and I looked. No missing posters, no pleas, no searches, no FB page, no releases from LE. I don't twitter or Instagram so I have no idea about those.I have a suspicion about some things.

I agree! I have not see one either and I looked. No missing posters, no pleas, no searches, no FB page, no releases from LE. I don't twitter or Instagram so I have no idea about those.I have a suspicion about some things.
I tweet and do Insta and he does have an Instagram account but just a few photos and that’s it. Both those platforms are super quiet about Alan’s disappearance.

I tweet and do Insta and he does have an Instagram account but just a few photos and that’s it. Both those platforms are super quiet about Alan’s disappearance.
Yes, but that is his personal Instagram before he went missing. There are no missing pages on FB, Instagram etc. It is really strange. A girl in my town went missing last week. They had a FB page up in 2 days and hounded the police. I don’t understand why there is nothing here. Nothing. Why?

..There are no missing pages on FB, Instagram etc. It is really strange. A girl in my town went missing last week. They had a FB page up in 2 days and hounded the police. I don’t understand why there is nothing here. Nothing. Why?

We've been asking the same thing for over two months. Very sad.

ETA: Sadder still, it's been like this from the beginning. No flyers posted, no social media pages, no vigils, no public searches, no friends and family handing our flyers and asking questions locally, etc. It's not as though it started out a big deal and fizzled. It never even started.

Last edited:
We've been asking the same thing for over two months. Very sad.

ETA: Sadder still, it's been like this from the beginning. No flyers posted, no social media pages, no vigils, no public searches, no friends and family handing our flyers and asking questions locally, etc. It's not as though it started out a big deal and fizzled. It never even started.
thats the bit that confuses me the most, because Alan's family seems very caring and very fond of him, but they're acting different than caring family of a MP often do. just spitballing, could be due to...
-his family knows what has happened, and knows posters wont help
-his family knows hes such a good guy that he would never leave voluntarily, and thus know that hes met with foul play and increasing public knowledge is a waste of time because at this point theyre only looking for a body (which the public would hopefully call in anyway)
-his family thinks he might return, and doesnt want more people to know about this disappearance in order not to embarrass him or affect his job
-family members do not know how to make posters/social media pages/etc (I don't think this is likely because his partner is only middle-aged and seems pretty 'up to date' + his young niece is involved in this case as well)
-theyre following the advice of Law Enforcement to avoid extra attention (we're going on month 3 now, i dont know what info they could have that would require no extra attention but yet no public disclosure)

thats the bit that confuses me the most, because Alan's family seems very caring and very fond of him, but they're acting different than caring family of a MP often do. just spitballing, could be due to...
-his family knows hes such a good guy that he would never leave voluntarily, and thus know that hes met with foul play and increasing public knowledge is a waste of time because at this point theyre only looking for a body (which the public would hopefully call in anyway)
-his family thinks he might return, and doesnt want more people to know about this disappearance in order not to embarrass him or affect his job
-family members do not know how to make posters/social media pages/etc (I don't think this is likely because his partner is only middle-aged and seems pretty 'up to date' + his young niece is involved in this case as well)
-theyre following the advice of Law Enforcement to avoid extra attention

Then they must have known all of that from literally day one. Interesting indeed.

Don't get upset with me please because I am quite new still here. TYSM

Is there a way to search the first thread and find out who ( WS user name ) are the VI for AW? Also what date they were and...if they are still currently?

I know that we had the VI, his niece as Unicorn something, but can't remember what the username was exactly so I am not sure how to see if the info is an option for us. Or when she came on and commented or her last post. Is she still available?
I'm inquiring because I saw another person's post listed as a VI but was a different username that I don't remember ever seeing.

Thank you for your help and support

Don't get upset with me please because I am quite new still here. TYSM

Is there a way to search the first thread and find out who ( WS user name ) are the VI for AW? Also what date they were and...if they are still currently?

I know that we had the VI, his niece as Unicorn something, but can't remember what the username was exactly so I am not sure how to see if the info is an option for us. Or when she came on and commented or her last post. Is she still available?
I'm inquiring because I saw another person's post listed as a VI but was a different username that I don't remember ever seeing.

Thank you for your help and support
Here is one post with some info.
Bringing forward AW's niece's post (she is a verified insider) for those who are newly joining us and haven't read Thread 1:

Posted by: thelastunicorn, Nov 14, 2020

-theyre following the advice of Law Enforcement to avoid extra attention (we're going on month 3 now, i dont know what info they could have that would require no extra attention but yet no public disclosure)

Agree 100% with this. I’ve been following this case since it started and that’s why I think the lack of missing stuff (FB/posters/media) by the family speaks to some other factor here.

moo

Many have commented on the obvious lack of urgency & lack of action in this case that we all see as being so common in other missing person's cases.
Sometimes (but not always) when a missing person's case isn't actually treated like a missing person's case (flyers, missing pages on social media, planned, organized searches, etc.), it is because there is information/evidence LE isn't releasing to the public that directs their investigation in another direction. Sometimes it's something the family doesn't want made known publicly, or other times it's something LE discovers early on. I've followed cases where both has happened. While I cannot know if this is what's happening in Alan's case, it's certainly possible.

jmo

snipped for focus

Sometimes (but not always) when a missing person's case isn't actually treated like a missing person's case (flyers, missing pages on social media, planned, organized searches, etc.), it is because there is information/evidence LE isn't releasing to the public that directs their investigation in another direction. Sometimes it's something the family doesn't want made known publicly, or other times it's something LE discovers early on. I've followed cases where both has happened. While I cannot know if this is what's happening in Alan's case, it's certainly possible.

Agree 100% with this. I’ve been following this case since it started and that’s why I think the lack of missing stuff (FB/posters/media) by the family speaks to some other factor here.

So do you think they knew this (or something was discovered) from the first day he went missing? Before they even found the vehicle? Because there were no flyers, vigils, public searches or social media push from day one. That's what I find so odd.

So do you think they knew this (or something was discovered) from the first day he went missing? Before they even found the vehicle? Because there were no flyers, vigils, public searches or social media push from day one. That's what I find so odd

It’s not odd if you have thought from the beginning, as I have, that he’s done a runner. Would explain the husband immediately hopping in the car to look for him, attempted sale of the house right away (people whose family members are truly mysteriously missing move heaven and earth to stay where they are, telling themselves things like, “even if he has amnesia he might remember where he lived..”), no body found, no damage to car, no attempt to access ATM.

The tight timeline argues somewhat against this, but a husband who goes so quickly to panic mode is unlikely to provide his partner with a lot of free time in which to disappear. And there may be something we don’t know that made this an especially good time to get the heck out of town.

At least, this is what I hope has happened.

It’s not odd if you have thought from the beginning, as I have, that he’s done a runner. .

It's hard for me to think he'd do that, with how everyone is talking about how wonderful/amazing he is, and how much he loves his family, mother, etc. He has so many friends, family members and workmates - and NONE of them started a FB page? Canvassed the area with flyers? Did a search? Had a vigil? Hashtagged him on IG and Twitter? Hounded the press and LE via phone calls and social media? YOU COULD NOT STOP ME from doing any and all of that if one of my loved ones went missing. Unless, they know where he is. If so - why is the PI still asking "have you seen this man?" - and HELLO, you're the PI, why are you asking people on Facebook, and with no photo of Alan, no less. No Texas Rangers, no Equusearch, from.day.one. No pressers either. Is it because he's not a straight white female? I hate to say it, but could there be some prejudice here? No, that can't be it, because then the friends and family would REALLY be kicking up a fuss. One would think.

If they do, in fact think he left on his own, do they just drop the case? Don't they need proof? Seeing him alive? Is it possible he's been found alive and it's just not being released, in hopes this will just be forgotten about, to save him embarrassment? I just can't imagine that at this point.

Sigh.. I just don't know what to think anymore. Again it's the lack of all of that (above) being done from the start that is continuing to throw me.

Last edited:
It’s not odd if you have thought from the beginning, as I have, that he’s done a runner.

There is a Crimestoppers reward for information that leads to the arrest and indictment for a felony offense related to Alan's disappearance. The status of Alan's missing persons report changed Dec 16 from 'Want to Locate' to 'Endangered Missing' at which point the case shifted to the Special Investigations Unit with a high-profile homicide detective assigned his case.

I very much doubt Alan "did a runner" MOO.

One thing that seems to be certain is that the direct family appears to be avoiding the spotlight at all costs. There are plenty of outlets, MSM or not, to turn to when you want to keep the story in the limelight.
There are about three things that really stand out to me:

1) Disposal of the vehicle
2) The family taking legal measures to get access to his phone records
3) The family urging LE to upgrade his status to "endangered"

We can arguably conclude that this wasn't a random hookup gone wrong (where's the body?), nor a carjacking (again: where's the body?) - and I base that on the very narrow time frame between leaving the gas station en route to his home (6:00), and his husband going out to look for him (6:30'ish). Lots of people out and about already at that time, in what seems to be a rather dense neighbourhood; commuting to work, walking the dog, etc.

We can arguably conclude that this wasn't a random hookup gone wrong (where's the body?), nor a carjacking (again: where's the body?)

Bolded by me and snipped for focus ^^

What do you think happened? I'm baffled! Every scenario seems possible, and then it doesn't - and then it does again. Ugh.

One thing that seems to be certain is that the direct family appears to be avoiding the spotlight at all costs. There are plenty of outlets, MSM or not, to turn to when you want to keep the story in the limelight.

We can arguably conclude that this wasn't a random hookup gone wrong (where's the body?), nor a carjacking (again: where's the body?) - and I base that on the very narrow time frame between leaving the gas station en route to his home (6:00), and his husband going out to look for him (6:30'ish). Lots of people out and about already at that time, in what seems to be a rather dense neighbourhood; commuting to work, walking the dog, etc.

Totally agree. The one thing you didn’t say is drugs. That area of town is iffy. Going into a gas station and looking at the phone makes drugs seem reasonable here (no mods I am not talking bad about the potential victim it is a possibility).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288