Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't sleep last night and I had a thought:

Mom was inside wrapping gifts. That's all we have heard her do, right?

Everything regarding physically searching is done by the father. We don't hear of anyone (Mom) screaming their names, she's not frantically knocking on doors while Dad drives around looking for the boys. Did she got out with a flashlight? Did she just stay in the house and wait? It seems Dad came back from the drive and called 911. He is the one controlling the story. Where is Mom in it?

Maybe I've missed something, although I have been here since the beginning.

Another thing I was wondering about is if the neighbors have ever noticed that the blinds are closed at all times and if there is no furniture outside-like it looks like no one lives there if it weren't for the van in the driveway.
Always inside means you can't tell how many are in there or who.
Great post. ^^^

The seeming lack of fear and lackadaisical response has me puzzled.
Maybe I'm expecting certain 'behaviors', without really knowing the AP's ?
Even w/o crying-- I'd have difficulty holding it together, would repeat the boy's names over and over, and beg for help !

Not much was said about this--- but, do LE go and procure a search warrant only IF they're denied access to the house ?
Or was it done regardless just for legality in case other concerns came up ?
(For instance- TW and JW saying later that LE looked through cupboards, dug through their things, and they had no right to do so, etc. ?)
Not ever having been in this situation-- I think I'd be an open book and cooperate as much as I could with LE.

Why hasn’t MSM reported on the neighbors security footage of the day they went missing, and especially the day they went to Bakersfield. Genuinely curious, not just trying to make a point. It changes the whole scope of the case IMO. Is it because it’s too grainy to definitively say anything? Just seems crazy to me.
I'd imagine LE were interested in that as well !
Also any movements that day and maybe even weeks/months before ?
Based on their actions-- they don't seem to be looking at a possible abduction at this time.
That could change, though.

I shutter to think....
Agreed.
Hopefully LE will keep digging.
They haven't ruled anyone out; afaik.
MOO

Our daughter was adopted 12 years ago. And trust me when I say that we did NOT do it for the money. In fact we took a 4,000 dollar a month hit because I chose to stay home. She is our only kiddo and I wanted to be the one to get her to her appointments, surgeries, illness etc etc etc.... She is non-mobile, non-verbal, seizures and a slew of other things. It is not easy by all means but she rules and is spoiled rotten
God bless you! The world needs more people like you and the other adoptive parents that I’ve seen posting on this thread. It warms my heart to hear your perspectives on this situation.

It’s cases like this that can truly break your heart. Thank all of you for what you do!

Possibly because they know this case will be brought up, there is an update at 2:33pm stating that the partial remains of one body were found. Probably not the boys.
I just saw the update:
UPDATE (2:33 p.m.): KCSO said the partial remains of one body were found in the area. There is no indication at this time of sex or race.

The department said at around 7:25 a.m., deputies were sent to the area of Frontage and Dawn roads after receiving a report of possible human remains being found in the area. When deputies arrived, they confirmed that it was human remains.

According to the Kern County Sheriff's office, human remains were found this morning off of SR-14 North of Rosmamond BLVD near Frontage Rd.

KCSO says they received a call of remains found in a bag. KCSO is currently investigating. This is a developing story.
Human Remains Found in Rosamond

Chucked like trash once again. Even if not the boys it’s someone’s boy/girl. Terrible.

I have been following but have not posted as I did not have anything to add because all you sleuthers have been amazing but I recently had a thought. I first have to say I do not have any children but I am 1000% sure if my child/children went missing I, like all of you would be outside screaming and running all over the neighborhood, knocking on every door asking for help. What I would not do is cruise around the neighborhood for 5 minutes. (Not referring to anything in particular) MOO, MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

Great post. ^^^

The seeming lack of fear and lackadaisical response has me puzzled.
Maybe I'm expecting certain 'behaviors', without really knowing the AP's ?
Even w/o crying-- I'd have difficulty holding it together, would repeat the boy's names over and over, and beg for help !

Not much was said about this--- but, do LE go and procure a search warrant only IF they're denied access to the house ?
Or was it done regardless just for legality in case other concerns came up ?
(For instance- TW and JW saying later that LE looked through cupboards, dug through their things, and they had no right to do so, etc. ?)
Not ever having been in this situation-- I think I'd be an open book and cooperate as much as I could with LE.

MOO
Snipped your excellent post for focus.

I know I keep going back to that interview but it really was terrible. IMO they did the interview for several reasons, none of which had anything to do with the children:
  1. To make a point that they were told by LE to remain in the house
  2. To get their alibi out
  3. To tell the community they understand their anger but see #1
Their focus was not to speak about they boys. I don’t think they even said the boys’ names once. Aside from telling us they’re rambunctious, they gave absolutely no helpful information - no description of the boys, nothing about the clothing they had on. They should have been holding up their pictures. They were in front of TV cameras and could have had their pictures shown to large audience.

IMO nothing said in that interview was to help find the boys.

All JMO

Yep. Talking to every neighbor, anyone willing to help as well as LEO. MOO
Heck yes, more eyes the better and quickly.

One thing that never made sense to me. In the interview, TW said he wanted to look in people's homes, not to "invade their privacy" but to make sure the boys weren't in one of them. But when they initially went missing - he, nor his wife, ever knocked on one door or went into one yard to ensure they hadn't wandered to an adjacent home.

It sounds like his rationale was the boys immediately ran out the gate and hightailed it - streets away or to the surrounding desert patches. The only way I could buy the van search, was if the wife was knocking on doors and searching the immediate area on foot. She's searching close by, while he's looking further away.

Today is day 19, #wherearetheboys?

I have been following but have not posted as I did not have anything to add because all you sleuthers have been amazing but I recently had a thought. I first have to say I do not have any children but I am 1000% sure if my child/children went missing I, like all of you would be outside screaming and running all over the neighborhood, knocking on every door asking for help. What I would not do is cruise around the neighborhood for 5 minutes. (Not referring to anything in particular) MOO, MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO
According to their story, at least 45 minutes passed between the time they realized the boys were missing and when they called police at 5:45.

The dad said he took the van out and the mom said they searched "everywhere."

She didn't go into detail about where she looked but in that amount of time she could have knocked on several doors and talked to neighbors while her husband was driving around in the van.

Wouldn't they want as many people searching as possible? I'm sure some neighbors would have been more than willing to drop everything and help.

It actually would have made more sense if he did cruise around for five minutes and then immediately call police. They would not say what time they made the call, but the dad said "right away," (when he came back in the van.)

It was as if he was trying to avoid talking about what they were doing all that time.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member