CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

Just a thought...
I feel like it was kinda strange that the owner of the house(who is linked to Jason mom) was there about 30mins before the showing especially to turn on a light? And with the "mexicans" showing up without a car could he have dropped them off at that time. Seems like a possibility. Noone else saw any other cars so someone dropped them off. ALSO who would know the best way in and out of that house, yard and area than the builder/owner? Probably noone. I think he could be involved in someway. He probably allowed his house to be used for the killing. He was linked to the mom and also Lindsays father said he heard this guy said she deserved what she got.
Lindsaybuziakmurder.com

There have been a few documents released in this case, heavily redacted and honestly nothing that earth shattering for anyone that has been following. There is some detail about the phone(s) that were involved:

Zander Sherman, the investigative reporter who wrote the story for the Capital, tells CTV News that police appear to know far more about the case – particularly about the phone used to contact Buziak – than they have revealed.

"The most important finding is police allege they know the name of whoever or whatever is ultimately responsible for that phone," Sherman said Tuesday. "I certainly think there are now many more questions than there were previously."

Report reveals new details in Lindsay Buziak murder case

October 6, 2020
Report reveals new details in Lindsay Buziak murder case
"In a story published Sunday, the Capital Daily reveals key details of the police investigation, including that a pair of so-called "crime phones" were identified by investigators as connected to Buziak's death.

Saanich police are saying little about the revelations.

"The release of the redacted copies was only step one," Saanich police spokesperson Chris Horsley told CTV News on Tuesday. Horsley said the police department will be in court over the documents' release for at least the
remainder of the year.

According to the Capital report, Buziak received a phone call from a woman with a "strong Mexican or Spanish accent” several days before her murder.''
New Details Brought to Light in Lindsay Buziak Murder Investigation
AUDIO.
image-jpg-t-1602030117-size-Large.jpg

''Zander Sherman, a freelance journalist reporting for the Capital Daily joins the program to discuss the new details he has uncovered while investigating the 2008 stabbing death of realtor Lindsay Buziak.''

Last edited:
One important revelation is that there was no ”former client” who the mystery couple used as a reference. Apparently, they told her they got her name and number from a former client but did provide a name. After Lindsay started to have doubts about the whole situation, she called a number of former clients but could not find any who had been the ones who referred her to the couple.

Had the callers known the name of a former client, it would mean that there was either a direct link to the former client or an indirect link through her business. Her phone number would be easy to get.

Apparently there were 10 exchanges between Linday’s phone and the burner phone the couple used. They must have spent enough time talking to her to reassure her since she was wary enough to call former clients but still met up with them. It is interesting that besides using a burner phone to call Lindsay, they used a second burner phone to retrieve voice mail frm the fjrst. Theyvwere pretty sophisticated.

The information that Jason provided suggests that she really wasn't all that concerned about the situation and the primary reason he was there was not to offer protection but because he needed her to sign off on some papers related to another sale. This might seem a little suspicious or he could have been justifying why he was late.

In all my years of following True Crime, I have never heard of anyone hiring a hit man to kill their girlfriend because she was leaving him when there was no children/money/business issues involved. People do kill out of jealousy, possessiveness or anger but it is a hands-on type of crime. For a mother to get involved would be even more unlikely. I just don't think he was involved.

At a different site, an internet source (not an official source) made the claim that the mother, who owned the condo they were living in, put Lindsay's name on the deed, possibly in the expectation they would marry. I would think an experienced real estate pro would know better but, if that were true, it might provide a motive. Anyone know anything about this?

I keep going back to her telling her father that she saw something she shouldn't have. That has always baffled me in this case. Did she witness a crime or did she witness maybe something that someone didn't want to get out and it was bad enough that they felt the only way to ensure her silence was to kill her?

Re post rbbm.
May 24, 2019
Dr. Phil episode recounts horrific murder of Victoria realtor Lindsay Buziak
"Lindsay's unsolved murder has basically destroyed my career, destroyed me financially and really destroyed my psychologically," Buziak said in a clip prior to the interview.

Lindsay, a 24-year-old realtor, was showing a home to a man and woman on Feb. 2, 2008 when she was fatally stabbed multiple times.

On the show, her father told Dr. Phil he had spoken with Lindsay in the days prior to her murder and she told him she talked to a woman on the phone several times.

He said on the day of her murder, she spoke with a man with a suspicious accent.

"Lindsay told me personally it was a strange accent. She thought Hispanic, but it didn't sound real to her," Buziak said.

He recounted how witnesses said they saw Lindsay meet two people at the DeSousa Place property in Saanich, and how police believe she was murdered within minutes of entering the home.

"I think she saw something she shouldn't have seen. She was jeopardizing people's lifestyles. They executed her," he said.

Someone, or some people, saw her as a threat to expose whatever she saw. It doesn't necessarily have to be something illegal that she saw. It can be something that could have ruined someone's career or possibly marriage. Even if she swore to not say anything, she was a potential threat for years to come. I think if we ever found out what she saw, we solve the case.

This just came out today. Most is just a recap but he also mentions the report at the end. Other than what we just discussed about 2 phones and that police have a real name. He mentions that Facebook messages were also mysteriously deleted from her account and that JZ offered to do the showing for her several times as she had a party to go to that night. Interesting.

I hear where you're coming from but I think that's less likely. I can see a lot of reasons why an agent would suddenly leave a brokerage after a co-worker got murdered. That doesn't raise as may red flags for me as the boyfriend who seems so weirdly involved in everything about this yet still not right there at the time of the murder.
I think it's weird that he took her out for a "late lunch" only a few hours before he was to head out to eat at the event with his "friend" who wasn't really his friend. I think it's interesting that the male buyer called and said the female wouldn't be attending...almost as if Lindsay wasn't suspicious enough, perhaps hoping this would send her over the edge to where she would ask the boyfriend to accompany her, so that he would have this alibi of being near the scene.
I know they "cleared" him, I still think it doesn't add up or something still smells very fishy at least. I don't think anyone close to her should be ruled out tbh.

I agree the Lunch before murder was suspicious.
They were not really getting along that well.
Whoever is behind this really HATED Lindsay.
Shirley must be considered. She controls her sons with $. Jeff Buziak stated that Lindsay told him Jason would be present at the showing. This will be solved someday. We need Loose Lips to help.

Shirley must be considered. She controls her sons with $. Jeff Buziak stated that Lindsay told him Jason would be present at the showing. This will be solved someday. We need Loose Lips to help.
Welcome to Ws StoneAbba!

It seems to me that more is known than we are being led to believe. This could be a situation where they know who they are looking for but do not have the evidence to go to trial. I think we will be in for a world of surprise when and if this is ever solved.

It seems to me that more is known than we are being led to believe. This could be a situation where they know who they are looking for but do not have the evidence to go to trial. I think we will be in for a world of surprise when and if this is ever solved.
I look forward to a surprise...Hopefully, it will be solved one day in the near future.

I have read most of the web pages on here now regarding Lindsey's murder. What really strikes me is the number of times Lindsey was stabbed and the areas in which she was stabbed ie face and neck. I think this is very significant...in what way, I am not sure. But, it was obviously a preplanned murder. I am going to continue to read...I tried to find the link for the Dateline episode, does anyone have the link?

Also, the fact that Saanich PD did not accept help from other law enforcement agencies willing to help is rather peculiar as well. It may have been solvable years ago, with more experienced help jmo

Last edited:
YES!!
Feb 1 2021 rbbm.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-police-investigating-new-leads-fbi-1.5895942

''Police in Saanich, B.C., say advancements in technology, including DNA analysis, have helped create new leads in the unsolved murder case of a real estate agent killed during a showing more than 10 years ago.

A new team of local investigators has been working with the FBI to re-examine the murder of Lindsay Buziak, who was stabbed to death while showing an empty home in a Saanich cul-de-sac on Feb. 2, 2008.

"Investigators are reviewing and retesting evidence, including items from the crime scene as well as digital evidence. Technology not available at the time of the crime has allowed us to develop new investigative leads," Const. Markus Anastasiades said in a video posted on YouTube on Sunday.

"As many of you have likely seen in the media lately, advancements in fields such as genealogy and DNA analysis has led to resolution in many other cases," he continued.''

YES!!
Feb 1 2021 rbbm.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-police-investigating-new-leads-fbi-1.5895942

''Police in Saanich, B.C., say advancements in technology, including DNA analysis, have helped create new leads in the unsolved murder case of a real estate agent killed during a showing more than 10 years ago.

A new team of local investigators has been working with the FBI to re-examine the murder of Lindsay Buziak, who was stabbed to death while showing an empty home in a Saanich cul-de-sac on Feb. 2, 2008.

"Investigators are reviewing and retesting evidence, including items from the crime scene as well as digital evidence. Technology not available at the time of the crime has allowed us to develop new investigative leads," Const. Markus Anastasiades said in a video posted on YouTube on Sunday.

"As many of you have likely seen in the media lately, advancements in fields such as genealogy and DNA analysis has led to resolution in many other cases," he continued.''

Right on!!!
I hope with the advanced technology and a new team of investigators, there will be closure at last for Lindsay.

I agree with what you are saying. However in 2010, police denied the boyfriends involvement. And although he passed a lie detector test, he has never provided his DNA.
With the new investigative team and the advancement in technology, I wonder if there will be any changes in the fore-mentioned denial?

Trying to quote StoneAbba (#389) but it is not working for some unknown reason.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...end-linked-to-slaying-of-b-

Last edited:
YES!!
Feb 1 2021 rbbm.

There has been no previous mention that they'd collected DNA. Perhaps there was the proverbial DNA under the fingernails, or other forms of self defense. Perhaps that is how police have been able to rule out so many local suspects.

Or, if there is DNA, perhaps it is the female's: that might explain the reference to people now being willing to talk, ie identify the male.

Just speculating. I look forward to developments.

Feb 1 2021
Feb 1 2021 rbbm.
FBI joins investigation into murder of Victoria Realtor Lindsay Buziak
''SAANICH, B.C. -- Investigators from the United States have joined a new team taking a fresh look at the unsolved homicide of Victoria real estate agent Lindsay Buziak and police say there's movement in the 13-year-old case.''

“We know there is likely information that has not been shared,” he says in the video statement.

“We believe people familiar with the circumstances surrounding this case remain in the community,” Anastasiades adds. “It is not too late to come forward.”

Jeff Buziak, Lindsay's father, tells CTV News that he feels like he's reliving his daughter's murder each time a development such as this is announced by police.

"I have to relive it. It’s a horrible situation but it is part of my healing process," he said. "The young women in Victoria are of much greater threat from the killers of Lindsay that haven’t been arrested than they are of COVID."

Saanich Police investigating new leads in unsolved murder of Lindsay Buziak, working with FBI
''On Sunday night, Saanich PD announced that a task force comprised of new investigators and members of the FBI has been formed and is examining “all possible” suspects. They also said advancements in DNA technology, particularly in the field of genealogy, has generated new leads in the case.

“Investigators are reviewing and retesting evidence, including items from the crime scene as well as digital evidence. Technology not available at the time of the crime has allowed us to develop new investigative leads,”
said Const. Markus Anastasiades of the Saanich PD in a video posted to YouTube.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back