WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

ALBANY, Wis. (WMTV) - A newborn girl, less than one week old, is reported missing in the Village of Albany Saturday.

According to the Green County Sheriff’s Office, the child was born at home on Tuesday, January 5th. The child was taken from the home by her father, investigators say.

The father told investigators he turned the infant over to an “unidentified third party,” and the child has not been seen since.

Authorities say whoever took the child was reportedly driving a gray Chevrolet Equinox. The individual is said to be an acquaintance of the father.

Authorities search for infant missing in Green County

Who would take a 4 days old infant and why??

Is her name Zanny the Nanny?

Yeah no, sorry, not buying it.

This situation goes against all the good reasons for home birthing. To separate a child from its mother at four days old, does not sound like that home birth was done for the right reasons.
That mother would only just have had her milk come down and would be in pain and the babe missing out on that early milk which bolsters the immune system.
Not at all, I was trying to convey I'm not against home birthing for those who choose that.

My thoughts sway towards a pregnancy with no pre-natal care in order to be hidden or secret. But to know if that's true, we need to know who reported the baby missing.

I think they will find this baby not too far from the home where the baby was born.
I think that is a story as to why the baby is gone,. IMO Mom and Dad both know where that baby is and it wasn't given away.
All moo.

If you live in Albany, authorities are asking you to search your properties and report any unusual findings to local police or the Sheriff’s office.

The baby girl born on Tuesday at a residence in the village of Albany was taken from the residence by a man later identified as being the father of the child, Green County Sheriff Jeff Skatrud and Albany Police Chief Robert Ritter said in a joint statement Saturday. The father told officers he then gave the newborn girl to an "unidentified third party," and she has not been seen since.

Green County Sheriff's Office, Albany police asking for help finding missing newborn

Unknown, also no names have been released. Weird? If they are asking for help and want tips to be phoned in, it would be helpful for locals to have more information.
Agreed. I’m not buying this story at the moment. What actually happened to this baby?? I hate to say it, but I think that’s a cover story to what really happened. JMO.

ALBANY, Wis. (WMTV) - A newborn girl, less than one week old, is reported missing in the Village of Albany Saturday.

According to the Green County Sheriff’s Office, the child was born at home on Tuesday, January 5th. The child was taken from the home by her father, investigators say.

The father told investigators he turned the infant over to an “unidentified third party,” and the child has not been seen since.

Authorities say whoever took the child was reportedly driving a gray Chevrolet Equinox. The individual is said to be an acquaintance of the father.

Who would take a 4 days old infant and why??

Someone who wants a baby would do this. And someone who doesn't want a baby would take the baby and sell/give it up. As an adoptee, I've heard many variations of how people get a child through...not legal...means.

I sure do hope that's what happened, but everyone involved is probably in trouble. I fear something more sinister could also be the case.

How is it that the father is not arrested? Or has he been?

So according to the article, a man “later identified” as being the father of the child took the baby from the residence- almost sounds like the reporting party didn’t know initially that it was the father who took the baby??
Then the father told LE he gave the baby to an “unidentified third party”- so the father wouldn’t tell LE who this third party is?- because surely someone doesn’t just give their newborn baby to a stranger???
Ugh, it would help to know WHO the reporting party was.

IMO this whole story sounds off, and suspicious as he!!.

Last edited:
I approve of home birthing for all the right reasons, wanted to say that before I say this - my imagination is going overtime on why this child may have been born at home, considering it was taken from Mom and given away in that manner.

What if Mom is a minor child, mentally disabled, or unmarried? If this is an Amish community I see this situation completely different :(

Remember the girl who was removed not too long ago, her brothers had been doing unspeakable things to her for years. Maybe someone else will remember that case.

BBM

TRIGGER ALERT! Beware, horrid events:

GUILTY - MO - Amish Girl, 13, raped by 4 brothers for 2 years, impregnated, Webster County, Sept 2020 no jail

The 2 adult brothers are incarcerated, Missouri Department of Corrections because they violated probation & and continued to have contact with the victim.

NO idea about the 2 juvenile brothers who apparently assaulted their sister as well.

Agreed that the major players may be minors and/or disabled.

Where's this baby? Warm & dry & fed, I hope!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back