Classification: Missing
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Date of Birth: October 8, 1949
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 150 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Details of Disappearance: Dannels was last seen in Albany, California on October 1, 1969. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency: Albany Police Department 510-525-7300

Just an observation, he’s got a relatively noticeable gap between his front two teeth.

There are 3 years missing from this bloke's life. There he is at 16, a super-dooper honor roll student, umpteen entries in just one yearbook. Then nothing, nothing at all, until he disappears c. 1969, when we have that briefest of newspaper ads. What happened in those 3 years? Did he "Drop out"? He seems to have had a lot of relatives - 5 siblings, but only one is mentioned in that ad [The others are Dad & husband]

As of today, what is shown in Namus. Noting in the Circumstances on Namus it says the following: "He did not attend classes starting the week of November 3, 1969 and has not been heard from since." Last contact date listed as October 1, 1969. And map of Albany, CA area.

1672843140739.png
1672843742569.png

Last edited:
There are 3 unclaimed properties listed under an Earl Dannels for a Bank of America account, who's address is listed as 939 Solano, Apt 5, Albany-so I am assuming it is the same guy. He left a total of $381.64 which was a hell of alot of money back then.

This strongly makes me think that this was foul play or suicide.

1686151454374.png

I had recently reached out to the Albany PD, I just wondered if there was anything else they might be able to share like if his friends at uni had said he was depressed or headed anywhere. Basic stuff.
Anyway, there wasn't anything more he could share but the detective told me they had recently searched numerous databases for him and hadn't come up with any leads at all and that they are still in contact with the family.
Just thought I'd share because it's nice to know that at least they haven't forgotten him.

There are 3 years missing from this bloke's life. There he is at 16, a super-dooper honor roll student, umpteen entries in just one yearbook. Then nothing, nothing at all, until he disappears c. 1969, when we have that briefest of newspaper ads. What happened in those 3 years? Did he "Drop out"? He seems to have had a lot of relatives - 5 siblings, but only one is mentioned in that ad [The others are Dad & husband]
He did not 'drop out' as an entry on an Ancestry tree confirms that he was attending the University of California at Berkeley when he went missing. He must have continued to perform academically to get in.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back