Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storage wars?
KW, I often don't agree with you, but IMO on this you have hit the nail on the head"..<....> Barry had given Shechtman a storage locker at Green Storage free of charge. Jonathon acknowledges that his management team had questioned the free space and evicted her — Jonathon was present last fall on the day that she moved out of the unit in Ajax. I suggest that was harsh and Jonathon replies that there has been “a lot of hardship lately.”
@ldlager sbm bbm Not addressing your post or the gist of the quote (not sure who said it), but just a detail which seems to have concerned BS and/or JS.

If the HS's sister Mary's "free space" was a medium sized unit, it would have generated $ 2977 to 3757 CD annual gross income to Green Storage.

Dollar amt is likely not petty cash for many of us here, but for someone of BS or JS (apparent) financial stature, imo the freebie (& freebie recipient) was of more symbolic than financial importance. my2cts.

{eta: maybe BS wanted to impose his no-freebies-decision as a show of his control?}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Green Storage: Ajax medium size units (8' x 10' to 10' x 13' the max size listed at Ajax location) rent ranges from $229 to $289 CD for 4 weeks. Smaller units are less.
^ Storage Units Ajax
** At current exchange rate .78 = $2322 to 2774 U.S. greenbacks.

Last edited:
The Shermans changed plans at the last minute and HS uncharacteristically missed a meeting prior to the murders. It gave me the impression they may have had some sense there was something amiss.

If I had and doubts that JS or AP should be at the top of the suspect list, this article just erased them.
Yes especially the fact that BS asked to be paid back $50 million, so soon before the killings must be hugely relevant, that was a lot for even a billionaires son to find.
It’s interesting to rewatch the eulogy JS gave through fresh eyes.

Who just happens to create an alibi (time-stamped photo of hand) for an imminent crime that hasn't yet happened?

How many times did he remind KD that he's "the son of a billionaire?" The arrogance & sexism are astounding.

It’s so odd. His hand and his home in the back. I’m guessing the GPS data pinpoints where the photo was taken. And if he took it with an iPhone he could have used his fingerprint to unlock it prior to taking the photo...more evidence placing him there

But he still may have had time. The police said they died sometime between 9-12 that night. If it is him, it was likely his most-trusted friend who did the actual killing, IMO

Storage wars?
@ldlager sbm bbm Not addressing your post or the gist of the quote (not sure who said it), but just a detail which seems to have concerned BS and/or JS.

If the HS's sister Mary's "free space" was a medium sized unit, it would have generated $ 2977 to 3757 CD annual gross income to Green Storage.

Dollar amt is likely not petty cash for many of us here. For someone of BS or JS (apparent) financial stature, imo the freebie (& freebie recipient) was of more symbolic than financial importance. my2cts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Green Storage: Ajax medium size units (8' x 10' to 10' x 13' the max size listed at Ajax location) rent ranges from $229 to $289 CD for 4 weeks. Smaller units are less.
^ Storage Units Ajax

It’s so petty. It seems to be less about money but more about power, control and cutting off everyone who was close to his parents. IMO

ETA: I’m full of judgemental opinions today, bear with me.

What is that called.. when little boys want to be just like their dads.. psychiatrically speaking? And go through a phase when they compete for their mom's affections?

I have noticed numerous times throughout reading articles/book about JS, that he seems to have a belief that he is at the exact same level in life as his father.. whether it be business-wise, decision-making-wise, entitlement-wise, wealth-wise, place-in-the-family-wise, etc. At times I was gobsmacked at the calm manner in which BS dealt with his son's attitude. ie I guess what I'm talking about must've been quoted from emails within the book, but I recall that BS would calmly explain things to JS, as if he was owed or deserved an explanation, ie for example.. say when JS was having a difficult time with the amount of money his father was willing to play with regarding his friend, FDA. Today's article is just more of the same. Entitlement on display. imo.

What is that called.. when little boys want to be just like their dads.. psychiatrically speaking? And go through a phase when they compete for their mom's affections?

I have noticed numerous times throughout reading articles/book about JS, that he seems to have a belief that he is at the exact same level in life as his father.. whether it be business-wise, decision-making-wise, entitlement-wise, wealth-wise, place-in-the-family-wise, etc. At times I was gobsmacked at the calm manner in which BS dealt with his son's attitude. ie I guess what I'm talking about must've been quoted from emails within the book, but I recall that BS would calmly explain things to JS, as if he was owed or deserved an explanation, ie for example.. say when JS was having a difficult time with the amount of money his father was willing to play with regarding his friend, FDA. Today's article is just more of the same. Entitlement on display. imo.

Oedipus complex. I didn’t like having to study Oedipus Rex in English lit., but I was thinking of it today as well.

“The positive Oedipus complex refers to a child's unconscious sexual desire for the opposite-sex parent and hatred for the same-sex parent. The negative Oedipus complex refers to a child's unconscious sexual desire for the same-sex parent and hatred for the opposite-sex parent.”
Oedipus complex - Wikipedia

Here are some examples I quickly found in the ebook... who sounds like the dad and who sounds like the kid? Barry seems to often be explaining himself and his actions, his friends, to his son. ... perhaps similar to how a child may have explaining to do to a PARENT. imo

In an email to his son Jonathon in April 2015 explaining why he chose some investments (money to Frank D’Angelo in particular) and not others, Sherman wrote, “I cannot debate this with you. There are no equations used for an analysis. It is simply a judgment call, implicitly based on intuition as to the expectations.”
ebook pg 199
-----
“Jonathon wanted to prove he was just as astute a business person as his father. Prove to the world.” Barry, in a 2015 email exchange with his son, does not appear overly receptive to the pitch, particularly because Jonathon was criticizing Barry’s decisions over the years to back certain businesses, most notably those run by Barry’s good concepts because he has “studied accounting and finance.” Barry, who is balking at providing his son more money, shoots back, “Please also remember that I have been making business judgments for many decades, often making decisions with which others disagree. The result has been some big losses, but also some even bigger gains. As a result of my decisions, you will likely be a multi-billionaire.”
ebook pg 184
-----
Jonathon Sherman, however, was not a fan. In a 2015 email exchange between father and son, Jonathon expressed dismay that Barry was continuing to fund D’Angelo, and makes the claim (which D’Angelo vigorously disputes) that over the years $250 million had been advanced to D’Angelo with little return. Jonathon writes, “In the past I have been accused of petulance for asking tough questions, and there has been much frustration for both of us. Years ago I did stop asking about Frank because of the strain it caused on our relationship, and left it alone. I am only asking again now because for the past couple of years ‘cash is tight.’ I have been turning down great investment opportunities, and Frank continues to burn cash at the same rate.” Barry responded by defending D’Angelo, pointing out that “major actors in Hollywood take him seriously” and that D’Angelo was producing films with “value in excess of cost.” Barry included a link to a movie trailer for Sicilian Vampire.
ebook pg 204
-----

Oedipus complex. I didn’t like having to study Oedipus Rex in English lit., but I was thinking of it today as well.

“The positive Oedipus complex refers to a child's unconscious sexual desire for the opposite-sex parent and hatred for the same-sex parent. The negative Oedipus complex refers to a child's unconscious sexual desire for the same-sex parent and hatred for the opposite-sex parent.”
Oedipus complex - Wikipedia
I wonder how that works out if the subject is gay? Or is that pre-sexual-preference identity?

So you predicted this? That’s quite amazing!

BBM
Billionaire couple found 'murdered' discussed pledging their fortune to philanthropy campaign | Daily Mail Online
“....He (KW) said, 'That money is cursed and sometimes the sins of the father are visited on the children.

'If my father had lived Barry would have been a brother to me. When he died Barry should have looked over me and my brothers, but he didn't. He took what was ours and he lied to us for years.

'Everything was built on a lie and I can never, never forgive him for that. I hated him for that and now it's his children who have to pay....”
Isn’t karma a ! The children are getting along so well....happy marriages too! LOL

Storage wars?

Dollar amt is likely not petty cash for many of us here, but for someone of BS or JS (apparent) financial stature, imo the freebie (& freebie recipient) was of more symbolic than financial importance. my2cts.

{eta: maybe BS wanted to impose his no-freebies-decision as a show of his control?}

^ Storage Units Ajax

BS was deceased long before MS' fee locker deal was terminated by "management" as JS puts it.
I certainly wasn't implying that a few thousand dollars wasn't a significant amount of money to many people. But someone with JS wealth could certainly have afforded to forgo this amount in rental fees. So I agree with you, it sure looks like this was done out of spite- especially since JS made sure he was there on the day that the locker was to be emptied,
Even with all JS' net worth, I see that BS wasn't the only entity that provided funding to JS's private company, Green Storage, as disclosures indicate that Green Storage applied for and received $ from the Federal Gov't under the COVID- related Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) Program.

CEWS Registry Results

Last edited:
BS was deceased long before MS' fee locker deal was terminated by "management" as JS puts it.
I certainly wasn't implying that a few thousand dollars wasn't a significant amount of money to many people. But someone with JS wealth could certainly have afforded to forgo this amount in rental fees. So I agree with you, it sure looks like this was done out of spite- especially since JS made sure he was there on the day that the locker was to be emptied,
Even with all JS' net worth, I see that BS wasn't the only entity that provided funding to JS's private company, Green Storage, as disclosures indicate that Green Storage applied for and received $ from the Federal Gov't under the COVID- related Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) Program.
CEWS Registry Results
@ldlager
Sorry, not aware of timing of eviction and bungled up my earlier post.

Yes, as you said, JS's actions seem spiteful (at least that one re eviction).

Why did JS even give this interview, the little bit we’ve seen from it so far, looks like a train wreck. Is something big about to go down, and he is trying to preempt it.

My guess is that there are a few reasons. Mainly I think perhaps he’s a narcissist and wants to control his own media narrative. MOO. He may also be trying to communicate with his siblings if they won’t speak to him & have blocked him out. Not very wise move though IMO.

I wonder what it was exactly, that changed AS's opinion on that her own brother 'was involved' in the murder of their parents? And further, that the PI team should discontinue their investigation and forward all of their material to TPS?

from today's Star article:

Most vexing to him, he says, is that his sister Alex thinks he was involved, which has created a rift he believes will never heal.
---
While he, his sister Alex and her husband Brad were allied at the start of the private probe — having regular meetings together with Greenspan and private detective Tom Klatt — Jonathon says that at some point, Alex started thinking he was somehow involved in the murders. Eventually, she hired criminal lawyer John Rosen to push Greenspan to end his probe and give everything it had collected to the police. That happened in late 2019 and Toronto police say they are still going over 20 gigabytes of information compiled by the private investigators.

CEWS Registry Results
Are we sure we have the correct 'Green Storage'? On the CEWS Registry, it indicates the operating name of the business is:
Business Name: GREEN STORAGE SOLUTIONS INC.

Operating Name: NET ZERO CONSTRUCTION

---
That said, I wonder if THIS 'Green Storage' might be affiliated? Could this be what took Kaelen to Israel?

Home - המחסן הירוק - שירותי אחסנה

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member