Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tangentially related note - thank you for sharing it from Kim. She has been on this case from the start but has never received the same spotlight (and she’s said that’s totally okay!) but I’ve felt bad, other reporters have literally piggy backed off and copy/pasted many of her reports, like this, acting as if it was their own scoop. I was so happy she got so much airtime in the ID documentary and just wanted to thank you - from one WSer to another - for sharing it from her today. She deserves more recognition in my opinion. TYM

She may receive more recognition if/when Zulema takes front and center (it’s been my experience that all the reporters are taking a particular person to give especial interest in as ‘their angle’ into the case).

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

This report details the interview with Pastenes’ daughter. She had no idea Cox & Pastenes got married 2 weeks prior in Vegas. She knew Lori as a “prepper” & good friend of Pastenes through the same LDS church. Pastenes almost moved to Idaho to be w/ Cox according to her daughter.

well, off the top of my head, it seems the daughter is honest about the extent of Lori and Zulema’s relationship; while Zulema has not been so truthful. Interesting...

Kim Powell-CBS just posted the police interview with Zulema the day Alex died

Kim Powell
Wow! When LE first arrived, Zulema’s daughter was on the phone with Zulema, who said did not want police in the house. The officer said they were staying and were obtaining a warrant.

The office observed [redacted word] on bathroom floor and in tub. Blood?

Wow! When LE first arrived, Zulema’s daughter was on the phone with Zulema, who said did not want police in the house. The officer said they were staying and were obtaining a warrant.

The office observed [redacted word] on bathroom floor and in tub. Blood?

I suspect that the redacted word is “feces.”

Edit to add that I would have thought “vomit,” but “vomit” appears in one of the reports not redacted.

MOO.

Last edited:
I suspect that the redacted word is “feces.”

Edit to add that I would have thought “vomit,” but “vomit” appears in one of the reports not redacted.

MOO.

Yeah, that was my assumption too, considering that we know it for a fact from prior police reports, that Alex voided his bowels and it made the teen reluctant to perform CPR.

OK, just dropped in to share this link just in case. I'm sure all of you are already hashing it out about this very same topic.
New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

Wow, there's even MORE "liar, liar, pants on fire" in the full article (BBM below):

Also, EVERYONE turned around and lawyered up?? The daughter, the (I think underage) son?? People not even mentioned below?????

Meanwhile, Pastenes’ daughter arrived at the house and spoke with detectives about her mother and Lori. She described the two as good friends who attended the same congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to police reports.

The daughter said both Pastenes and Lori were “preppers” preparing for the end of the world, and her mother met Cox, whom she described as “very religious,” through Lori. The two became engaged, and Pastenes planned to move to Idaho with Cox, Daybell and Pawlowski, according to the daughter. Plans changed when Cox moved in with them around Thanksgiving 2019.

Back at the hospital, a family member showed up and told Pastenes she should not speak to investigators without an attorney. They went to their home, and Pastenes received a phone call from someone.

“Moments later, Zulema told me she would not talk with me without a lawyer,” an officer wrote in a report.

Others, whose names were redacted from police reports, also would not speak with investigators as they had retained attorneys.

After Pastenes stopped talking, the Gilbert Police Department served a search warrant on the home.

Officers searched the house and several items of evidence were recovered, according to police reports. Details of what was taken were redacted from reports, but it appears one of the items was a cell phone, which had data extracted from it.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

This report details the interview with Pastenes’ daughter. She had no idea Cox & Pastenes got married 2 weeks prior in Vegas. She knew Lori as a “prepper” & good friend of Pastenes through the same LDS church. Pastenes almost moved to Idaho to be w/ Cox according to her daughter.
ZP's daughter states that ZP originally intended to move to Idaho to be with Alex. I wonder how old this plan was. It's possible that Alex and ZP were one of the 144k couples prompted to move to Idaho to wait out the apocalypse. Also, a confirmation from another person here that Alex was "very religious". If he believed in zombies, he could have been manipulated by Lori and Chad to justify murdering the children.

I don't know about anybody else but Melanie P has always struck me as the creepiest one after lori, even more creepy than chad, Something about her that gives me the heebie jeebies i think she is the biggest co conspirator after lori and chad.

More commentary on the prosecutor dismissal hearing by Scott Reisch:

I agree wholeheartedly with his points.

I couldn't see anything harmful to the defendants, or SS, in the transcript. For the attorneys to say Wood could have called SS as a witness is perverse because they had to prove their claims, not Wood. Usual defense tactics of blowing smoke around, IMO.

I wonder if Alex Cox would normally go see a doctor if he had health concerns.

Interesting that he chose not to call a real priest. I think it's quite relevant that he put Chad on a pedestal, under the circumstances -

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

I don't know about anybody else but Melanie P has always struck me as the creepiest one after lori, even more creepy than chad, Something about her that gives me the heebie jeebies i think she is the biggest co conspirator after lori and chad.

Well, MP certainly does seem to be at the intersection of each one of these stories, doesn't she??

I wonder if Alex Cox would normally go see a doctor if he had health concerns.

Interesting that he chose not to call a real priest. I think it's quite relevant that he put Chad on a pedestal, under the circumstances -

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

BBM. According to ZP, he refused to seek medical help multiple times in the days before he died, saying how he would be fine and that "the doctors don't know what they are doing". Perhaps he had a phobia and managed to avoid doctors for most of his life. More than two decades earlier, mismanaging her illness cost his older sister her life.

Well, MP certainly does seem to be at the intersection of each one of these stories, doesn't she??
I’ve felt all along that Melani was in on all of the plans just as deep as Lori. If she had been given custody of her children, they would have been labeled zombies along with JJ and Tylee. Fortunately, BB intervened and prevented that from happening.

JMO

BBM. According to ZP, he refused to seek medical help multiple times in the days before he died, saying how he would be fine and that "the doctors don't know what they are doing". Perhaps he had a phobia and managed to avoid doctors for most of his life. More than two decades earlier, mismanaging her illness cost his older sister her life.
I think it goes along with the mentality of their culture. They don’t trust the government, outsiders or anyone who isn’t like-minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith