UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only repeat what you guys are saying, so heartbreaking to hear of the many times these various people tried to help her.
But I must say, as a positive, it totally reinforces my belief that Hull is mostly full of lovely, friendly and thoughtful people. I hope these people can find some peace and not be feeling guilt for what happened to poor Libby afterwards.

Really difficult to understand why she didn't just go inside when dropped at her door. She still had her keys at that point.
Its odd, because at the time she went missing it was widely announced that "she didnt have her keys on her" when she got home. But she did afterall and dropped them a little bit later outside someones garden?

15:14
Relowicz's first movements on January 31
The CCTV footage shows the silver Astra entering McDonald's on Cottingham Road at around 9.45pm on January 30. It can be seen in the footage leaving soon after.

The footage then moves to 8.37pm on January 31, where the Astra can be seen on Newland Avenue. Soon after, the car was caught on CCTV again at the Tesco petrol station on Hall Road.

Mr Wright said: "This footage is important because it confirms it was this defendant driving that vehicle that night. It also shows us the clothing he was wearing.

"When you watch this, please note his jeans that he is wearing and you will be able to see there are two black bands that circle the calf on the left leg of those jeans.

"As we watch through you will understand why this is important."

Pawel Relowicz on trial for murder of Hull student Libby Squire

15:24
Relowicz visited Oak Road Playing Fields earlier in the evening
The CCTV footage shows Relowicz arriving at Oak Road Playing Fields for the first time that evening at around 9.13pm.

Mr Wright said: "That is of course a particularly significant location. Later on, we will see that is where he took Libby Squire. It is there that I would invite you to conclude that he raped her, killed her and put her into the river.

"He was extremely familiar with that area. It is a well known area to him to be quiet, poorly lit and remote."

Mr Wright says Relowicz was "cruising around this popular student area of Hull, on patrol, looking for an opportunity to present itself to him."

I'm not sure it was reported at all, more presumed. I believe it was reported she didn't have her phone. Although I could be mistaken as so much time has passed its difficult to recall all the details.
There was, as always, a lot of speculation. Unfortunately we spend a great deal of time and effort guessing and trying to find out things that the police already know.

Knowing that she did have her keys makes it all worse. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have in my younger years done crazy things while black out drunk, I'm not proud but it means I do understand to a certain extent that she may have gotten a crazy idea in her head, the cold weather of course may have amplified this lack of clear thinking.

PR, we have to remember, is now a convicted sex offender, the fact he was prowling for young women is sadly less surprising now than it may ought to be.

15:45
Relowicz's movements before meeting Libby
Relowicz was seen on CCTV leaving Oak Road Playing Fields at 9.25pm.

• He was then seen turning into Sculcoates Lane at 9.30pm.
  • At 10.21pm, Relowicz was seen on CCTV on Princes Avenue and Queens Road.
  • At 10.44pm he is seen turning into Cottingham Road and then into Alexandra Road where he stayed for around 20 minutes. Mr Wright said: "What he was doing there we do not know, though as you will see Alexandra Road is a popular haunt of Pawel Relowicz."

15:53
Libby arriving at Welly Club
A clip shows Libby arriving at Welly at around 11.20pm on January 31.

However, it has been described as a rare clip in which it is not possible to calculate the true time.

Jurors can see on the clip Libby being refused entry, her friends coming out of the club to put her into the taxi and the taxi leaving.

16:02
Relowicz seen on Cranbrook Avenue at same time Libby left Welly
CCTV footage picked Relowicz up around ten minutes after Libby left Welly on Cranbrook Avenue.

The footage - being shown to jurors - then follows him as he makes another "sweep" around the area before he parks up on Haworth Street at its dead end junction with Beverley Road.

Its odd that a man with small children at home is cruising around the area for a few hours at night. Wonder if he frequently used ladies of the night.
The ladies of the night in Hull work from the Hessle rd area. More likely that he was getting upto his perverse actions that he’s pleaded guilty too in 2019

Thread 1 page 21 is where the lost keys first came up. People were speculating why she didn't go in the house. One theory posters came up with was that she sensed an intruder, the next was lost keys. Maybe later it was reported she'd lost her keys, which of course she did, but not at that point

16:23
Libby was 'extremely vulnerable' and 'unsteady on her feet'
CCTV footage being shown to the jurors in court shows Libby walking up Wellesley avenue, stopping where she was helped by the students on the same road, before heading onto Beverley Road.

Mr Wright told the jury: "You will see the way in which she was walking, unsteady on her feet, obviously drunk, upset as described by the girls. She was also extremely vulnerable we suggest."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member