WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Interesting that LTK-A (baby's father) told LE that he broke down emotionally when hearing the baby cry after covering her in snow but failed to say anything about shooting her.

Also interesting that the father and mother decided against taking the infant to a safe harbor shelter and instead chose to give her to a stranger. A stranger named "Tyler" which also happens to be the baby's father's middle name.

I'm sure both were extremely frightened and as teens didn't make good decisions but IMO both are old enough to at least understand that their choices were morally wrong. To be clear I put the baby's murder squarely on the father's shoulders but I can't help but wonder if the baby's mother had a tiny inkling about the outcome. MOO.

Graphic warning!

16-year-old charged with killing his own newborn daughter

The Wisconsin Department of Justice announces that a suspect is under arrest and charged in connection with the death of a newborn baby found on December 10th.

16-year-old Logan T. Kruckenberg of Albany is charged as an adult in Green County Court with first degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse.

According to the criminal complaint, Kruckenberg was the baby’s father and he took the child from her mother shortly after she gave birth at home.

Police say Kruckenberg admitted leaving the naked newborn in the snow and shooting her twice.

Kruckenberg is currently being held at the Rock County Juvenile Detention Center.
He shot a baby TWO times? I did not expect this at all.

How awful that they did consider their options, including handing the baby in at the fire department, and yet he still opted to kill the baby.

Harrowing document.
Getting an error message on the link. Probably for the best.
How anyone can shoot a newborn baby, is entirely unthinkable.
That has to be pure evil there.

jmo

Why oh why did he make this decision? Did he think they'd get in trouble for surrendering a live baby?
That's my guess. In some states Safe Haven laws require that the parent physically hands the baby over to a person and sometimes is also asked to give a medical history. Other states have baby boxes that trip an alarm for personnel.

Wisconsin requires that the parent give the baby to medical personnel:
Safe Haven for Newborns Information | Wisconsin Department of Children and Families

The fear of having to face a real person may have been a factor in the decision. But the alternative the baby's father chose is incomprehensible. Apparently both have parents yet they chose to give their baby to a stranger, which of course was a lie.

I'd like to know if either did a Google search on Safe Haven laws or similar options.

He discussed options with the baby's mother, walked to his own mother's house to change backpacks for a larger one (and possibly retrieve his gun), soothed the crying baby (!) and continued into the woods.

All that time to think yet the father still decided to end his baby's life. And echoing what @Marg from Oz said upthread, this could easily have been a double murder if the baby's mother hadn't been in her own house. MOO.

Last edited:
How awful that they did consider their options, including handing the baby in at the fire department, and yet he still opted to kill the baby.

Harrowing document.
Omg, horrific. I cannot comprehend such depravity.

Evil monster.

So sorry precious baby, you deserved so much better.

RIP in the arms of angels.

Last edited:
That's my guess. In some states Safe Haven laws require that the parent physically hands the baby over to a person and sometimes is also asked to give a medical history. Other states have baby boxes that trip an alarm for personnel.

Wisconsin requires that the parent give the baby to medical personnel:
Safe Haven for Newborns Information | Wisconsin Department of Children and Families

The fear of having to face a real person may have been a factor in the decision. But the alternative the baby's father chose is incomprehensible. Apparently both have parents yet they chose to give their baby to a stranger.

I'd like to know if either did a Google search on Safe Haven laws or similar options.

He discussed options with the baby's mother, walked to his own mother's house to change backpacks for a larger one (and possibly retrieve his gun), soothed the crying baby (!) and continued into the woods.

All that time to think yet the father still decided to end his baby's life. And echoing what @Marg from Oz said upthread, this could easily have been a double murder if the baby's mother hadn't been in her own house. MOO.
No excuse. He can't face a medical professional to surrender his helpless infant, but he can take all the steps it took to go to his mom's house, get a bigger back pack and gun, take his helpless infant out in the freezing snow face the helpless infant and shoot the poor helpeds infant in the head twice. Coward. I'll try to sit on my hands now because I could spit nails, and there are not enough swears to even come to close to describe the vileness. MOO

No excuse. He can't face a medical professional to surrender his helpless infant, but he can take all the steps it took to go to his mom's house, get a bigger back pack and gun, take his helpless infant out in the freezing snow face the helpless infant and shoot the poor helpeds infant in the head twice. Coward. I'll try to sit on my hands now because I could spit nails, and there are not enough swears to even come to close to describe the vileness. MOO
Of course not! IMO he never had any intention to do anything but murder his newborn baby. At least the charges are exactly what they should be. I just hope this doesn't get bumped into family court as this murder was clearly premeditated and exceptionally brutal.

How can someone be so cruel? I changed my 2 wk old grandson’s soiled diaper today and the wet wipe evidently was too cold and I literally cried listening to him cry as I changed him. His crying absolutely broke my heart! After I got him warm & settled the first thing I did was order a wipe warmer so he doesn’t have to have a cold wipe touch his delicate skin again. A baby thrown in snow & shot? Wth is wrong with people?! My heart is broken

How can someone be so cruel? I changed my 2 wk old grandson’s soiled diaper today and the wet wipe evidently was too cold and I literally cried listening to him cry as I changed him. His crying absolutely broke my heart! After I got him warm & settled the first thing I did was order a wipe warmer so he doesn’t have to have a cold wipe touch his delicate skin again. A baby thrown in snow & shot? Wth is wrong with people?! My heart is broken
Naked!

I would think I’d have developed at least a bit of armor after so many years of reading about the awful things people are capable of doing to children but this one is truly horrific. There were so many other options available. Why didn’t their parents counsel them about alternatives? We’re they all unaware of the pregnancy?

BTW I hate clicking “like” on everyone’s posts. We used to have a “thanks” button instead which was much more appropriate in cases like this.

Authorities said their initial investigation indicates that a baby girl was born on Jan. 5 at an Albany residence, then carried from the home by the father of the newborn.

Newborn baby girl missing from Albany

Nothing about the Mom, a bit odd, no?

Just now saw this case, so I'm running behind.

Mmmmppfff - Jan 5 is my birthday... SMH.

I don't like this -- my hinky meter is making a lot of noise. Nope, not buying it -- unless the child was sold for drugs or a gambling debt, etc.,

I grew up just outside of Albany. Very large Amish community. A number of Mennonites as well. This could be quite a few things.
Hmmm, now that does expand the possibilities. SMH. I don't know much about the habits of the Amish and Mennonite communities, but I can't imagine that giving away a newborn is one of either community's habits.

Incest? Baby is early and is having trouble? Something the dad didn't like about the baby? Wrong sex? Too many children already? (These are horrible things to say if this turns out to be a very sad story about the family of the child.)
This story needs more details...

And one more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
BryanSanDiego !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members