Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third Democrat tests positive for COVID after riot lockdown | Daily Mail Online
  • 37920934-9139297-image-a-43_1610476618173.jpg

Democratic Rep. Debbie Dingell of Michigan has proposed a $1,000 a day fine on lawmakers who refuse to wear masks while in the U.S. Capitol complex.
37835498-9137267-House_lawmakers_who_were_whisked_to_safety_when_a_violent_mob_of-a-34_1610469754607.jpg

House lawmakers who were whisked to safety when a violent mob of Donald Trump supporters stormed the Capitol were filmed bickering over masks as they hunkered down in a safe room.

37917320-9139297-image-a-42_1610472644454.jpg

• Democratic Rep. Brad Schneider became the third lawmaker to test positive for COVID after being in lockdown with lawmakers last week
    • 100 lawmakers were huddled in a poorly-ventilated room together during the MAGA riot on the Capitol with many Republicans refusing to wearing masks
    • He slammed Republicans: 'I was forced to spend several hours in a secure but confined location with dozens of other Members of Congress,' he said
    • 'Several Republican lawmakers in the room adamantly refused to wear a mask'

• 37897578-0-image-a-23_1610436048663.jpg

Rep. Pramila Jayapal has become the second Democratic congresswoman to test positive for COVID-19 after being forced to shelter in a secure room with maskless Republicans during last Wednesday's siege of the Capitol.
37875676-9137267-Rep_Bonnie_Watson_Coleman_announced_she_tested_positive_for_COVI-m-2_1610434304097.jpg

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman announced she tested positive for COVID and blamed being trapped in a hold during last week's attack on the Capitol with Republicans who refused to wear face masks.

:(

Those over 75 can’t even get it yet here.
I keep calling, doctor says they haven’t received the vaccine yet. What?!
People are going to the neighboring counties to try and get it. How are the elderly supposed to get it if they can’t drive? People can’t sit outside in a wheelchair in freezing cold weather for hours to wait in line.
You can’t speed up what you don’t have.
It’s a huge mess.
JMO

Same thing in Kansas -- the rollout is ridiculously slow. They're supposed to start vaccinating those over 65 next month, but the latest from the state is that the vaccine won't be available to the general public until late spring through early fall. The state currently has twice as much as they've used -- and it's been that way from the get-go. They can't get their act together for some reason. It's so disappointing. I'd like to get my elderly mom vaccinated as soon as possible, but even if they start her group next month, her doctor's receptionist said it will likely be a few weeks longer in our community. Gads.

Imagine having to walk through the Capitol building to do your job after hundreds of screaming, yelling, defecating rioters were just there. I'm sure there were some Covid positives amongst the mob.
Imagine grown men boasting about using the restrooms and not flushing? Imagine them smearing feces on floors and walls?

The fact that Democrats were infected in the evacuation room on Jan. 6 while wearing masks highlights the importance of a comprehensive approach which also involves distancing, indoor ventilation, etc. Masks are essential, but they will obviously not fully protect you without other measures in an indoor space for prolonged periods. This is important to know wrt work spaces, etc.

Imagine grown men boasting about using the restrooms and not flushing? Imagine them smearing feces on floors and walls?
I find this news unbelievably depressing- these people vote and they are the equivalent of big angry toddlers. I hope that they can be fined because I hate the idea that tax money will be used to pay for the damage they caused. Of course the physical damage is the least of the damage and I hate the thoughts of all the death, injuries and illness spread by their delinquency and the reality that we do not have a civilized society.

I talked to the mailman earlier today and he said he hasn’t seen any stimulus checks yet. None.

My son got his check. The first day it was available the check was in his checking account. Two of his friends got theirs also on the first day available.

We have not seen ours. Last time we got ours 6 weeks after our son, in a check!

The fact that Democrats were infected in the evacuation room on Jan. 6 while wearing masks highlights the importance of a comprehensive approach which also involves distancing, indoor ventilation, etc. Masks are essential, but they will obviously not fully protect you without other measures in an indoor space for prolonged periods. This is important to know wrt work spaces, etc.
Absolutely agree.

It was quite an eye opener when I was writing a policy for work about close contacts and I referred to the NHS track and trace guidelines. Basically the guidelines are exactly the same whether wearing a mask or not. Dont get me wrong - I am totally pro masks but as you say Margs, we should never think they will fully protect us.

Absolutely agree.

It was quite an eye opener when I was writing a policy for work about close contacts and I referred to the NHS track and trace guidelines. Basically the guidelines are exactly the same whether wearing a mask or not. Dont get me wrong - I am totally pro masks but as you say Margs, we should never think they will fully protect us.

I agree wholeheartedly- especially in a situation where there are several people (or more) in a closed indoor environment. It seems to me the people who were unmasked might be asymptomatic carriers--- they probably won't get tested ----cause they don't care a whit what happens to anybody else and they don't want to quarantine.

Pfizer investigates doctor’s post-vaccine death for possible connection

Phizer is investigating the death of that 56 year old physician who developed thrombocytopenia a few days after getting the vaccine, and died 16 days after getting the vaccine. Thrombocytopenia caused fatal internal bleeding. Phizer says so far they don't see a connection. The way I see it is that this poor person had a very rare and unusual reaction to the vaccine and died. I think there is a connection-- he is probably one in 5 million people who would have a reaction like that, but I will never be convinced that what appeared to be a healthy man would develop this unusual disease process and die so soon after getting the vaccine. It just does not make sense to come to any other conclusion.

COVID-19: Scotland's COVID restrictions tightened - here are the six new rules

Nicola Sturgeon has tightened COVID restrictions in Scotland, laying out six changes which will come into effect on Saturday.

Subject to approval by the Scottish parliament, the rules are:

• Click-and-collect services limited to essential shopping such as clothing, baby equipment and books

• Customers no longer allowed to collect takeaways from inside restaurants - food must be handed over through a hatch or doorway

• Now against the law to drink alcohol outside in public in all Level 4 areas

• Statutory guidance on working from home - anyone who worked from home during first lockdown should do so again

• Working within homes now limited to the essential upkeep, maintenance or functioning of the home, by law

• Scots may only leave home for essential purposes - and may not stay out for other purposes afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu