UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes I agree that it is likely swabs were taken where water could not wash away evidence, but what I meant was; considering she had been in the water for quite some time they still managed to gain quite a lot of evidence. I was just thinking that the cold temperatures must've also slowed down decomposition.
Sorry yes misread your post. Yes very luckily given his claims. Let us hope she gets the justice she deserves! My child who went to Hull phoned to chat last night about her first proper job as a graduate. All excited and it broke my heart thinking that's what Libby's mum should be listening to, her daughter's first job - not this nightmare.

It is a great pity that none of the 'good samaritans' who saw her crying and stumbling around on the icy ground, obviously not fully in control and not dressed for the freezing cold night, didn't hang around and phone the police to express concern about a lone young girl in such a state. Okay, she was refusing their help, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have acted.

Maybe something for all of us to reflect on should we ever come across such a incident.

Could it be that its a common occurence and seen as the norm? Drunk students is common sight in university towns/cities

Sorry yes misread your post. Yes very luckily given his claims. Let us hope she gets the justice she deserves! My child who went to Hull phoned to chat last night about her first proper job as a graduate. All excited and it broke my heart thinking that's what Libby's mum should be listening to, her daughter's first job - not this nightmare.
No worries, it's easy to mis read posts here! I often do so! I know it must so heartbreaking for her poor family. I couldn't stop thinking about it last night. She really deserves some justice.

If he lost his glasses, and presuming he went back to find them later - did he have a spare pair of glasses to use at home so he could go onto that chatter-*advertiser censored* group? (sorry I've forgotten its reported group name). I wonder what he chattered about after his offending. Ugh. I wonder if people from there will realise it was him they were chatting to that night and if he said anything extremely weird? JMO MOO

I know they just had a newborn in the defendant's household and those are turbulent times in any family. But I would still like to know more about what went on in his family life.

We know his night time offending stretches years back and was pretty regular so what did his wife thought he was upto every time? How was the household dynamic? Was she also a victim of any sort of perhaps emotional abuse by him and that made her stop asking questions? Or did she start having suspicions at any point/cooperated with detectives?

I am in no way putting any blame or responsibility on anybody here. It would be interesting to know more from the psychological profiling perspective of PR thats all. These offenders can be abusers at home but very often they also assume an exemplary role and even their closest don't have a clue. Thats why I am curious. Of course we don't know that at the moment. I'm just rumbling out loud really :)

And once again, my heart goes out to Libby, her mum and dad and everyone who got affected by this terrible tragedy.

Edited for spelling by me.

I know they just had a newborn in the defendant's household and those are turbulent times in any family. But I would still like to know more about what went on in his family life.

We know his night time offending stretches years back and was pretty regular so what did his wife thought he was upto every time? How was the household dynamic? Was she also a victim of any sort of perhaps emotional abuse by him and that made her stop asking questions? Or did she start having suspicions at any point/cooperated with detectives?

I am in no way putting any blame or responsibility on anybody here. It would be interesting to know more from the psychological profiling perspective of PR thats all. These offenders can be abusers at home but very often they also assume an exemplary role and even their closest don't have a clue. Thats why I am curious. Of course we don't know that at the moment. I'm just rumbling out loud really :)

And once again, my heart goes out to Libby, her mum and dad and everyone who got affected by this terrible tragedy.

Having a newborn would mean the wife was awake at certain points in the night with the baby, potentially (depending upon age of newborn). Was he online during these moments then when she was asleep went back out again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes I would be interested too. Currently being pregnant myself I am often awake around 2/3am with heartburn and being kicked in the ribs. I don't think there would be anyway my husband could sneak in and out all night and I would not know. But perhaps like you say, there may have been abuse in the home and the wife did not confront him to avoid conflict.

I have to say I've never heard of perpetrator quite like it. It's like he was never satisfied. Going out two or three times every night and even after Libby he went out again to do what he did in the street. It sounds like obsession/compulsion but on such a high level.

Yes I would be interested too. Currently being pregnant myself I am often awake around 2/3am with heartburn and being kicked in the ribs. I don't think there would be anyway my husband could sneak in and out all night and I would not know. But perhaps like you say, there may have been abuse in the home and the wife did not confront him to avoid conflict.

I have to say I've never heard of perpetrator quite like it. It's like he was never satisfied. Going out two or three times every night and even after Libby he went out again to do what he did in the street. It sounds like obsession/compulsion but on such a high level.

Firstly congratulations! I hope you and baby are well and sound :)

And to the point now I agree with everything you say above.

IMOO he was escalating rapidly and based on his actions after he returned home having left Libby in the playing fields it seems to me that his twisted apetite did not even temporarily decrease...rather the opposite! We know shortly after he went on to masturbate in the street and he visited some *advertiser censored* sites...all in all that to me looks like he got unleashed that night and remorse did not even cross his mind! MOO again of course.

What I am trying to say is IMOO this guy, had he not been caught, would have soon be out looking for next victim. Thats what I think.

I have to say I've been thinking along the lines of a few things: Sex addict, obsessive (possibly obsessive compulsive, like you say) and having an extremely low Dopamine levels that needed something to lift them up. Could be many reasons for this but I know people ADHD traditionally have low dopamine levels. Could his offending be planned (as shown so far in court) combined with an impulisive nature (perhaps ADHD) and that is where he slips up? JMO MOO

This link is interesting. Will the defence offer that he was an untreated sex addict? JMO MOO
Sexual addiction, desire and dopamine hits

Last edited by a moderator:
10:21
Witnesses set to describe seeing Libby shortly before she disappeared
Today we are expecting members of the public who saw Libby before she vanished to give evidence.

These include Libby’s housemate and a friend who saw her before the group went to Welly, a group of men who saw her fall over near her home in Wellesley Avenue, three women who heard Libby cry outside their home in Wellesley Avenue and a woman who saw Libby close to the bus stop at the junction of Beverley Road and Haworth Street.

We may also hear from two men who were travelling home from a darts match when they saw Libby laying in the snow on Beverley Road and tried to help her.

Libby Squire murder trial as Pawel Relowicz branded 'sex predator'

Firstly congratulations! I hope you and baby are well and sound :)

And to the point now I agree with everything you say above.

IMOO he was escalating rapidly and based on his actions after he returned home having left Libby in the playing fields it seems to me that his twisted apetite did not even temporarily decrease...rather the opposite! We know shortly after he went on to masturbate in the street and he visited some *advertiser censored* sites...all in all that to me looks like he got unleashed that night and remorse did not even cross his mind! MOO again of course.

What I am trying to say is IMOO this guy, had he not been caught, would have soon be out looking for next victim. Thats what I think.
Ah thankyou! Yes all good apart from the heartburn and lack of sleep but I do enjoy a bit of sleuthing when I'm woken up in the night!

Yes I totally agree with you. Even after Libby he was not fully satisfied! I've never heard of a compulsion quite so strong. It makes you think if even that didn't satisfy him what else would he have progressed onto!

And I don't know if Libby's family would take any kind of small comfort from the fact that I think if I wasn't for her he would not have been caught and no doubt they may have sadly been more victims. All MOO

10:36
BREAKING: Trial will not sit today
Three jurors have been unable to make court today due to adverse weather after snow fell across South Yorkshire.

Jurors have been told tomorrow they will be notified in good time if the situation is the same.

Justice Lambert told them: “I’m sorry and have a safe journey home. Unless you hear anything on the contrary please return to court tomorrow.”

Libby Squire murder trial as Pawel Relowicz branded 'sex predator'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member