GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

Wow. This explains why she wasn’t killed too.
But we cannot assume she knew.
Wait until LE tell us. It’s possible she disclosed the relationship early on, and it took this long to nail down the evidence.

Wow. This explains why she wasn’t killed too.
But we cannot assume she knew.
Wait until LE tell us. It’s possible she disclosed the relationship early on, and it took this long to nail down the evidence.

Possible, but she didn’t tell police about the hundreds of recent texts (she deleted) so I doubt she was completely honest about the relationship.

I do think she will claim he did it of his own accord.

They must have been investigating him early on, based on this report, BBM.
Feds allege ‘emotional affair’ may have led Tennessee man to drive to Dallas to commit murder

Lopez owned 20 acres of land along Sweet Home Road in Cumberland Furnace, Tenn., but authorities said that he hadn’t made payments on his mortgage in several months and that his lender had initiated the foreclosure process. His water was shut off in October, the affidavit says.

Aerial images of the property taken in November by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation show horses milling around next to the home. Parked nearby is a black pickup that appears to have the distinctive “T” sticker on its rear windshield.

An agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives surveilling the home Dec. 4 noted that a new sticker had been added to the pickup’s tailgate.

But four days later the “T” sticker had been removed, the affidavit says. The change came days after Jennifer Faith mentioned the sticker in an interview, and authorities believe Lopez removed it to change the truck’s appearance.

Ex-Boyfriend Of James Faith's Wife Arrested For Shooting And Killing Faith During Walk In Dallas Year

Dallas homicide detectives determined Darrin Lopez, 48, was responsible for killing Faith.

They said Lopez was once Faith’s wife, Jennifer’s, boyfriend, and drove from Tennessee to Texas to kill James Faith.

On Monday, Jan. 11, the ATF Special Response Team in Tennessee arrested Lopez for murder.

Feds allege ‘emotional affair’ may have led Tennessee man to drive to Dallas to commit murder

Although Jennifer Faith had said months earlier that the affair ended, the contact between the two was ongoing in early October, the affidavit says. On Oct. 6, they exchanged 419 messages; on Oct. 7, there were 640.

But the messages stopped at 1:07 p.m. Oct. 8 and did not resume until 5:18 p.m. Oct. 9 — the day Jamie Faith was killed. Lopez’s phone was turned off for much of that time, authorities said.

Waking up to this good news that Mr. Faith's murderer has been apprehended. Justice is finally coming. I agree with another poster that LE was on this path early on. Wow that's a huge amount of text messages and calls! I am confident LE has been very thorough during this time gathering all the evidence needed for a conviction. If anyone else was involved I hope they are attested soon too.

May James test in peace now.

It’s interesting how fast the suspect removed that sticker from his truck, while being watched by LE. I’m sorry but how could he have driven up in front of, and actually touched the wife during the murder, and she had no idea who it was? There is so much digital evidence on this that it’s done.

It’s interesting how fast the suspect removed that sticker from his truck, while being watched by LE. I’m sorry but how could he have driven up in front of, and actually touched the wife during the murder, and she had no idea who it was? There is so much digital evidence on this that it’s done.

I think it is very possible they had not met in person in a long time. It was described as an emotional affair, which would fit the hundreds of text messages found, so she may not have recognized the assailant as the person she had been corresponding with. I admit to watching more than a few episodes of 90-day finance, and though it’s hard to imagine, some folks get “engaged” even though they have never met in person OR video-chatted. At any rate, we can discuss what has been stated in MSM and by LE, but outright accusing someone who has NOT been labeled as a POI/suspect is a violation of TOS. I would expect there may not be such a statement until/unless there is news of any further arrests if there is evidence to proceed to that point.

Last edited:
Interesting to note the wife gave the description of the truck complete with the T sticker yet could not describe him, ALL those text messages even after the murder, and yet she didn’t know it was him.

Ex-Boyfriend Of James Faith's Wife Arrested For Shooting And Killing Faith During Walk In Dallas Year
“According to the arrest affidavit, Lopez was Jennifer Faith’s boyfriend in high school and college.

Dallas Police said their investigation revealed Faith’s wife, Jennifer, and Lopez exchanged more than 14,000 calls and texts between Sept. 30 and Oct. 30 last year.

Detectives found text messages where Jennifer Faith described her relationship with Lopez as “a full blown emotional affair” and that Lopez had a “five year plan on how they would be together.””

As I mentioned above, the amount of digital evidence, even in 2021, in this case is jaw dropping. They have this suspect tracked from Nashville to this mans neighborhood. The person being seen on camera near the backyard before the murder is downright creepy.

The arrest affidavit is posted to the Dallas PD's website here:

Homicide on Waverly Drive
Thanks, @ElementalLaura for the link!

Having read the affidavit, really, Ms. Faith? If you murder one victim in cold-blood, what exactly causes you to duct tape the hands of the second victim, strike her with your palms-- while attempting (and failing) to take her jewelry?!

I dunno. If an attempted abduction, don't think your first priority would be to attempt to take their jewelry when there'd be plenty of time for that later.

How heartbreaking that Mr. Faith didn't have the opportunity to getaway. Per the AWA, Witness Faith said she turned around when she heard footsteps coming up behind her. I wonder if the victim was shot in the back?

Suspect Never Said A Word Before Shooting, Killing Dallas Man Walking With His Wife

10/12/20

“Out of nowhere, there he was, and he started shooting,” Faith’s wife Jennifer said. “He then grabs me, but I fought to get away,” she said.

[..]

“What makes it unique is typically that’s not how robberies occur. Typically, they just want your property. No one goes to that extreme,” Deputy Chief Avery Moore said Monday.

Moore said the unknown assailant attempted to abduct Faith’s wife, using duct tape to try to bound her wrists, then tried to pull jewelry from her fingers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back