Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

Just adding basic details in case links time out in near future

OCSO releases photo of tattoo in hopes of identifying victim found in freezer

138749207_2893297964282401_5036247322423395089_n.png

Deputies describe the tattoo as a “possible rising sun above a man’s face.”
The tattoo was on the man’s right shoulder.

Clothing collected during an autopsy was a size 34 PacSum blue denim stacked skinny jeans, short sleeve T-shirt and a brown Guchi belt.

OCSO releases photo of tattoo in hopes of identifying victim found in freezer | WCBD News 2

A number of details about the corpse were not immediately available prior to an autopsy, as it was badly decayed.
---
Mysteriously, the haunted house caught fire a few days after the tattooed body was discovered by authorities. Police now say the blaze is considered “suspicious” though they have not named any suspects in the fire.
---
Medical authorities have said that the decomposition of the body was so severe they were unable to immediately identify a cause of death.

Police release disturbing tattoos pics as they seek ID of dead body found in 'haunted house's' freezer

The man's Gucci belt seems interesting. Unless it was stolen, its an expensive accessory, in the $400 to $500 range. Flashy, too, for a man.

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...ther-belt-with-shiny-buckle-p-4068310YA0G1000

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...g-belt-with-double-g-buckle-p-40059392TLT9769

Would it be correct to say its not the kind of clothing worn by people who live in that area? Perhaps the victim is from an urban area.

That tattoo is very distinctive. JMO, very probable someone knows the identity of the victim, but will they come forward? I'm still getting a vibe of illegal activity going on there.

The man's Gucci belt seems interesting. Unless it was stolen, its an expensive accessory, in the $400 to $500 range. Flashy, too, for a man.

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...ther-belt-with-shiny-buckle-p-4068310YA0G1000

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...g-belt-with-double-g-buckle-p-40059392TLT9769

Would it be correct to say its not the kind of clothing worn by people who live in that area? Perhaps the victim is from an urban area.

That tattoo is very distinctive. JMO, very probable someone knows the identity of the victim, but will they come forward? I'm still getting a vibe of illegal activity going on there.
There are loads of fake Gucci belts out there for less than $100.

If this man is fairly local then it shouldn't take long to identify him, unless as you suggested the people closest to him have reason not to.
All we need is one anonymous tip.

There are loads of fake Gucci belts out there for less than $100.

Thanks!

Looking at comments elsewhere, the sun part of the tattoo does look like the one on the Filipino flag.

I'm also going to guess the man in the tattoo may be Ninoy Aquino. Assume he's still regarded as a national martyr and hero, hence the tattoo. He was the husband of Corazon Aquino and was elected president of the Phillipines in an election that ended the reign of the Marcos family. He was living in exile at the time of the election due to fears he would be assassinated. After winning, he returned to the Phillippines on a plane, but was assassinated by guards. Very sad event.

Assassination of Benigno Aquino Jr. - Wikipedia

https://www.the-symbols.net/flags/_img_nations4/philippines_flag.png

There are several cities/towns with Filipino populations within a drive of an hour or so. Norway, SC is also on the list, so there are some Filipinos living in the area.

Cities with the Highest Percentage of Filipinos in South Carolina | Zip Atlas

I just did a quick search and I found several tattoos of ring buoys with a rising sun in the center but didn't find any where the ring actually represents the sun.
Anyway, maybe they'll release some more info soon.

I don't think it's a tattoo of Ninoy as he had a lot of hair and a square hairline. Marcos had very small eyes so I'm not sure it's him either. I'd lean towards it being a memorial tattoo for a family member (father?) who was in the navy or some other water-based job.

I don't think it's a tattoo of Ninoy as he had a lot of hair and a square hairline. Marcos had very small eyes so I'm not sure it's him either. I'd lean towards it being a memorial tattoo for a family member (father?) who was in the navy or some other water-based job.

Great suggestion. Maybe its a custom in the Phillipines. Very sad, though, that this person lost their life.

Just considering another angle, it would be very sad if this was a hate crime or human labor trafficking. If the person was an illegal immigrant via trafficking, it might be difficult to identify them.

Last edited:
It's also possible the tattoo is of Ferdinand Marcos. Either way, it may be some Filipino folk hero.

Ferdinand Marcos - Google Search

Hhhmm, let me clean my glasses, I scrolled by & thought that was Captain Kirk!!!

upload_2021-1-15_15-24-20.jpeg
image from thefederationtimes.com

Maybe I'll just go find a genealogy/records search case now....

jmho ymmv lrr

We've been referring to it as a rising sun but I suppose it could be a setting sun, maybe symbolizing this man's death.
I was looking for a synonym for the word symbolize ( as you can see I didn't find one I liked better) and of course the definition came up first. The second one being represent by means of symbols and as an example it gave "tendency to symbolize the father as the sun." I just couldn't help but mention that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back