TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just basic logic. He took backpack.. searched for his phone...could not find it... Headed back to his car. I live rural and no street lites and it is dark dark other than you can feel what your feet are on..you are basically blind. If there was any lite source I think he would head that way. May not of been much blood but I am sure he was shook up. Moo...think he is near that road somewhere but seems he did not make it though the nite till it was lite and he could find his way out.

That's A LOT of coincidence....

Of course, young men, ages 18 to 25, are probably at highest risk of accident and injury. Testosterone, speed....

But car accidents followed by disappearances? That's a pretty specific coincidence....

Is there perhaps an invisible overlap between incidents? Like a gaming community. Someone eliminating the competition?

I know nothing of gaming but I'm going to GUESS there's a way to communicate via gaming that might not be easily trackable. Maybe?

Could be completely unrelated accidents but it sure does raise the spectre.

JMO

What in the world? Thank you for bringing this case forward. Is there a serial killer on the loose? Chasing young men off the road? Injuring them? Kidnapping them? WTH. I know this young man was seen quite a way from where JL is missing, but not far off of Hwy 10??
I also considered illegal organ trafficking. A child organ trafficking ring was broken in Mexico back in 2014. By outward appearances, Jason and this latest young man look healthy. Certainly not saying this is going on. Just crossed my mind. IMO.

Great to have a local posting here. In your opinion, what is the general consensus of locals in the area? Did something nefarious occur or was this simply an unfortunate accident and he wandered off and has not been found yet?
Thanks! Sorry I just signed back in. Everyone here is just guessing as well. I've heard the drug rumors, the wandering away and getting lost, that maybe he doesn't want to be found, etc. Nobody here has any idea either. As other posts have said, Luling, like many other small towns, seems to have meth issues, but again, the fact that Jason may have been involved in something like that is just speculation. I will say that everyone i've talked to agrees that no navigation system, shortcut, etc. would have led him to where the accident occurred.

RBBM

to elaborate in case anyone is confused: deer blind (or hunting blind) can be a chair or a sling or any kind of structure that a hunter sits in while waiting to shoot. They can be enclosed and have a set of steps (some are 4' or 8' off the ground)

[Learned all this from the Jesse Crookston discussion]
Correct. Many in that area are enclosed with windows and would provide shelter. I know someone who has a ranch in south Texas and they have found people dead in their blinds (undocumented migrants).

SAR dogs who were confused when they seemed to track him to an abandoned house and then to a pond which was drained and he wasn't found.
SAR dogs who tracked him a distance back down Salt Flat Road in the direction from which he came and then stopped rather abruptly.
No one has come forward voluntarily and LE isn't saying who last saw him and where and when.
All of this leaves me unconvinced that he was at the accident site. MOO MOO MOO

Sadly, another young man from TX is missing after wrecking his vehicle. He is believed to be injured.
TES are searching.
Texas Equusearch begins search for missing 22-year-old Liberty Co. man

Thanks @mlhenn for the alert. Although authorities have video of this young man walking on the road, the context here is so similar:

Deputies say Heathco's vehicle left the road and crashed into a ditch in the 8700 block of FM 1409 around 4 a.m. Deputies responded to the scene due to an abandoned vehicle call, but by the time they arrived, Heathco was gone. Family members say he hasn't been seen since.

Hey everyone, I’m a 23 year old student at texas state university, in San Marcos. I lived in San Marcos area for 20 years with an interest in these cases. hopefully I can provide insight and answer any questions. I have followed this case from the start and mostly caught up on these threads. If anyone has any questions regarding college life or things around here don’t hesitate to ask.

I noticed he worked for Jimmy John’s on Facebook in San Marcos, however the 2 Jimmy John’s in San Marcos recently and out of no where decided to permanently close and only notified most by leaving a note on the door. This occurred just this past year, and if the speculation is that he was a lost soul in life, this only adds to that stress. JMO

Unfortunately I’ve came across many cases with very similar circumstances.

young person. Single vehicle crash, goes missing

Seems like it would be very rare but I keep finding cases like it! Sometimes they are never found, other times found deceased nearby.

but with LE statement that the driver left vehicle with little to no injuries then that makes this more complex

how could LE know the extent of injury? I mean if he didn’t have a seatbelt on (do they have any way of knowing if he did or not?) then how do they know he didn’t knock his head hard enough on something to cause serious injury? Or knock it just in the right spot? Could be a freak accident type of thing.

The theory of staged disappearance at this point seems most likely o_O

but I’m sticking with wandered off and sadly deceased nearby either drowned, succumbed to elements, or injuries from crash

for now anyway

moo

I noticed he worked for Jimmy John’s on Facebook in San Marcos, however the 2 Jimmy John’s in San Marcos recently and out of no where decided to permanently close and only notified most by leaving a note on the door. This occurred just this past year, and if the speculation is that he was a lost soul in life, this only adds to that stress. JMO
Welcome @Txst Student and thanks for your local insight.

I can't believe JL's work hours were not seriously impacted this year. Is Texas and/or your county currently adhering to no inside dining? We also lost many restaurants after the second round of dine-in closures, and business still limited to take-out only.

Welcome @Txst Student and thanks for your local insight.

I can't believe JL's work hours were not seriously impacted this year. Is Texas and/or your county currently adhering to no inside dining? We also lost many restaurants after the second round of dine-in closures, and business still limited to take-out only.

Dining in at 25-50% capacity, but with both locations of Jimmy John’s closing. That would mean he would lost his job this past year. I try to not read to into stuff but losing a job would surely put any student under stress.

On another note while I’m on:
One reason it may seem like most people are quiet about this case and the students are so quiet is that school was out for winter, and San Marcos/Texas State is a complete college town. Only locals stay and students don’t start class until the 19th. I expect more info to come this next week hopefully as students return to campus and people begin to talk more about it. Just praying for Jason and his family, it’s heartbreaking to see.

That's A LOT of coincidence....

Of course, young men, ages 18 to 25, are probably at highest risk of accident and injury. Testosterone, speed....

But car accidents followed by disappearances? That's a pretty specific coincidence....

Is there perhaps an invisible overlap between incidents? Like a gaming community. Someone eliminating the competition?

I know nothing of gaming but I'm going to GUESS there's a way to communicate via gaming that might not be easily trackable. Maybe?

Could be completely unrelated accidents but it sure does raise the spectre.

JMO

I agree, completely. This is a lot of coincidence. Especially when you consider this was within a 3 hour drive between the two locations, both on FM roads and both disappear with no clues as to where they went.

SAR dogs who were confused when they seemed to track him to an abandoned house and then to a pond which was drained and he wasn't found.
SAR dogs who tracked him a distance back down Salt Flat Road in the direction from which he came and then stopped rather abruptly.

BBM.

Your comment made me think of the possibility that he indeed was in (driving?) the car, then walked back down Salt Flat Rd and was picked up by someone. I'm thinking that would likely make his scent stop rather abruptly as soon as he entered someone's car.

If that's the case... where did they take him and why? I wonder if police thoroughly examined the area the dogs abruptly stopped to see if there looked like any signs of a struggle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member